“Great Hotel with Friendly Staff and nice amenities for the price.”

Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We only stayed here one night passing through the area. We were greeted at the desk by a friendly employee who allowed us to check in early and gave us our requested first floor room. We were also presented with bottles of cold water and our choice of snacks (Candy and Chips etc) as a welcome gift. I think this might only be Loyalty Members because I noticed it was kept under desk and they didn't give it to people in front of us. The lobby was very nice and during the afternoon they had Fresh Made Cookies available and there was also a bowl of Fresh Fruit. Nice quick snack when you have been on the road all day. Our room was a good size and spotless. The beds were very comfortable and each bed had had both firm and soft pillows, the pillow cases tell you what they are. There is a small workout room and indoor pool. A nice Breakfast is served in the morning in the dining area. Included lots of choices including make your own Pancakes. The Hotel is right off the expressway but off the road a bit so it is nice and quiet. It is also close to some fast food Restaurants and a Walmart.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lynndy2006
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Lynndy2006,
Thank you so much for posting a review on our hotel here in Carrollton, Ky. I am very pleased that my team made you feel welcome and that your entire stay was great. We hope you come to visit us again real soon. We look forward to your next visit,

Lisa Buckler

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Staying at hotel right now. Husband travels for work and stays here quite often. Always clean and very hospitable staff. We were able to check in wayyyy early and even had breakfast. Room very clean..

Room Tip: Definitely best hotel in this area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear girliewhirlie,
Thank you for posting a review concerning our hotel. I am very pleased that your stay is up to your satisfaction. I will pass along the great words to my staff and I am confident the rest of your stay will be the same. Please let us know if we can be of any help to you for anything while you are here and with any future reservations.

Assistant manager

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Asked specifically for a non-smoking room and was assigned to such on a Smoking floor! It was difficult to believe that the management thought that the smoke and smell would actually stay on one side of the floor and not permeate to to other hall. To their credit, they offered to assign us to another room the next day, but luckily we were able to check out after one day. The breakfast buffet really needs to be given edible and tasty food. It would be better to abandon all thoughts of a hot buffet (rubbery eggs and sausages) to concentrate on good quality cold selections that are easy to maintain. The management tries to make up for this by offering a once a week free dinner buffet, but honestly, this didn't tempt me in the least considering the morning buffet. There are few places to stay in Carrollton, and I am sure this is probably the best available in such a small place. Cleanliness in the rooms was excellent, in fact the whole place really was extraordinarily hygienic and very clean which is a bonus for the casual traveler. There are only fast food restaurants within a 15 drive.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking floor on the second floor only.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Sabitasera,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Holiday Inn Express here in Carrollton, Ky.
I understand we did not meet your needs during your stay. I do apologize for that. We strive for excellent guest satisfaction and I see we fell short on that during your stay. I know our 3rd floor can be bad at times and I am working on a plan to help that situation. However I can understand how that can make your stay uncomfortable. Please come by and see us again, please request first or second floor which are our totally non smoking floors. We hope to see you again to prove we can do better!!!

Assistant manager

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed here one night for the race and had a very nice stay! Rooms were clean and a nice size. Breakfast was well stocked and great for a free breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful and check in and out was very easy. It is close to the Kentucky Speedway and convenient with the traffic. An overall great stay! Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2013
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Alimay0818,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Carrollton, Ky. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us and I will pass your words on to my staff. I am sure it will make them proud that they provided you with excellent service.
We hope we can see you again real soon!

Assistant Mananger

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This place was amazing from the moment we went to desk...started out with bottled water and snack, large clean room, reception at desk was more than excellent, than later cookies were put out in a basket, not one kind but 4 different delicious cookies...and also a fruit bowl was in lobby at all times...the breakfast in the morning was also excellent...no complaints of any kind...thank you!!! We stayed here as we were going to the Kentucky Speedway and than to Belltara casino, 15 minutes from speedway and 25 from casino, but well worth it..

Room Tip: we were on first floor not far from breakfast area, very quiet and close to morning coffee...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Marm64
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review on our hotel. I am extremely pleased that you had a great time here at our Carrollton, Ky Holiday Inn Express. I hope you will come and join us again real soon. I will pass your great words on to our staff and let them know what a great job they did.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Good, Clean Hotel to stay at while traveling. They have a pool and FREE breakfast which has a lot of variation and fresh juices and fruit. Stayed 4 times while traveling and was not disappointed at any time. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hayward48101
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Hayward48101,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review on our hotel. We are extremely pleased that you had an exceptional experience here at the Carrollton Ky Holiday Inn Express. Please come see us again real soon. We look forward to it. I will pass on your words to our staff and let them know what a great job they are doing. Thank you again.

Lisa B.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2013

and that is both good and bad. Everything was standard, everything was clean, service was good. Nothing outstanding either positive or negative. Met all expectations. No surprises and that was the expectation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear underpressure,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Carrollton, Ky. I notice that we didn't do anything to impress you while you were here. I am very sorry about that. We try very hard to provide exceptional guest service and it pains me that we did not provide that for you. Hope to see you again soon so we can provide you with better service!!! Have a great day!!!

Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
General Butler State Resort
Belterra Casino Resort
Belterra Casino Resort
#1 of 2 in Florence

Been to Holiday Inn Express Carrollton? Share your experiences!