“Clean quiet rooms”

Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
“Clean quiet rooms”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Upon arrival, entranced was clean and smelled fresh. Lemonade was available at front area. Staff was friendly. We were able to check in prior to normal check-in. Cleaning staff was friendly and actually help pack items into room. Extra towels were brought to us without asking. I spend one weekend a year in carrolton and this was my first at this hotel, but I will be back.

• Stayed August 2014
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear lpg1003,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I was very excited to read that you found the front entrance to be clean and smelled good. I also happy that the front desk clerk was friendly and you were able to check in early. What excites me the most is that my housekeeping staff took great care to make sure to help you with your bags and to provide you with extra towels without having to ask for them. I will be sure to praise them and let them know what a great job they did. We hope to see you again soon and please be safe in all your travels.

Lisa Buckler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I am a Priority Club member, and used reward points to book this room. (I'm a big Holiday Inn Express fan, and try to stay at one whenever I travel for business or pleasure.)

As a result of the room being a "free" room for the hotel, I think I was purposely booked into a noisy room -- next to a maintenance room, which made noise periodically from some sort of machinery all night long. Also, the pillows were extraordinarily lumpy and uncomfortable, and seemed to be full of foam cubes.

The desk clerk in the evening was very nice and sweet, but the morning clerk (a different person) seemed unsympathetic when I mentioned my dissatisfaction to her. The morning clerk offered that "had you let us know (at 3 AM!), we would have moved you to another room"; at 3 AM, I don't want to be moved to another room, but shouldn't have been in this room at all.

I expected as a long-time Priority Club member to not be thrown into an undesirable room, and was frankly disappointed by the customer service response.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room next to the maintenance room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Little_Rodina,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Carrollton, Ky. I want to apologize to you for the experience you had at my hotel during your recent stay. I know how hard it can be to sleep when there is a lot of noise. I have gone into the Mechanical room to investigate the problem. Also the pillows are being replaced and I apologize that you had lumpy pillows. I hope you will give us another chance to prove to you we can do better!

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed 6/22. Bottom line: Room fine, but desk clerk had an attitude and TV not working during USA-Portugal World Cup game which made it a bad experience for us.

We planned our travels to be in the hotel prior to the start of the World Cup games. Check in was with a desk clerk who was unprofessional in our view. Worse yet, the TV was not working when we got to the room. After confirming that it was the same on all channels, I went to the lobby to ask the clerk if service was out for the whole hotel or just our room. I could not find the clerk, but noticed the TV in the lobby was also out of sync. Found the clerk outside chatting with friends. Told her about the situation and got the "Must be the weather" routine. Pissed me off....

Room itself was fine. Clean, comfortable, beds had clean sheets and everything else was ok. Missing the game was the big factor in my low review.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry C
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Jerry C,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our Hotel here in Carrollton, Ky.
I want to apologize to you for the experience you had while staying here with us. I understand how upsetting it can be when you are looking forward to watching something on TV and the TV does not work properly. I can assure you we are working with the local Cable provider to find out what is going on with our services.
I also apologize for the attitude of the desk agent at the time. I have spoken with this individual and she assures me it will not happen again. She has been reprimanded for her actions and taught how to properly respond to guests when they need her attention.
Please accept my heartfelt apology, I do hope you will give us another chance to prove we can do better in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This Holiday Inn was recently rennovated and has a nice lobby, pool, and nice design to the rooms. The front desk staff are very pleasant, kind, and helpful. It was nice that they offer a free breakfast, which does include a variety of items-not just cereal and fruit. The pool is relaxing and the gym is small, but nice to have available. The room was very nice except the pillows definitely gotta go. They are flat with no comfort and it would make such a difference with a good pillow. The beds are not the best, but I would say they are good enough for a few nights.
Overall, I enjoyed this hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Priscilla2284,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the comfort of the pillows, or I should say lack of. I assure you we are in the process of getting new pillows. I do hope you will give us another chance and return to test out the new pillows when we get them in.

Seneca, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the truck show and the people couldn't have been any nicer. Breakfast was great everyday they have something different. When we got there at 4:30 our room wasn't ready but had it ready in 10 min. And the rooms are very clean. We would stay here again. The employees were very helpful with all our needs.

• Stayed March 2014
Deborah A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Lori M,
I would like to thank you for taking time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad that my staff was able to make your stay a wonderful experience. I will pass on the nice words to my staff. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast bar. We are sorry that you had to wait for your room to be finished. I am hoping the next time you come to stay with us this will not be an issue. We look forward to seeing you again.

Deborah Andrew
Asst. Manager
Smackover, AR
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Small town but awesome hotel!! My room was clean, breakfast was good and the staff was super nice. Bed was comfortable. Plenty of in room coffee. Loved the candy bars and cookies at check-in. I felt safe and had no issues while in town. Mostly fast foods eateries.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Deborah A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear LATraveler589,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We are indeed a small town with a lot of fast food places within walking distance to eat. We, however, have several family owned businesses in the area that we would have loved to have you try while you were in town. The next time you are in the area, we will be glad to give you directions to any of them. We look forward to seeing you again.

Deborah Andrew
Assistant Manager
Knox, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We stopped in Carrollton not knowing what to expect. But we found a cluster of hotels right off the highway. We chose the Holiday Inn Express; good choice. The hotel was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. It was also pretty quiet. We got a good nights rest. They are also a pet friendly hotel, which is a good thing because we were traveling with our two small dogs. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you need to stay in this area.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear David B
Thank you so much for posting a review on our hotel here in Carrollton, Ky. We strive for excellent guest satisfaction and I am very pleased that we were able to provide that for you during your stay with us. I sincerely hope we can see you and your family again soon!!

Lisa Buckler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
Comfort Inn Madison
Comfort Inn Madison
#4 of 7 in Madison
General Butler State Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Express Carrollton? Share your experiences!