“Great stay and breakfast.”

Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Clean room and good breakfast with a variety of different selections. Stayed with wife and children. Only minor problems, Pool was a little chilly and HBO did not work. Will stay again. I ate lots of food and have to write 200 characters. .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Brian H,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize about the pool being a little chilly. I will have maintenance check into that for you and see if the temperature needs to be adjusted. Please come see us again real soon, and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here 2 Saturdays in a row in June to break up the drive to/from the Smoky Mountains. Most of the experiences were positive.

Breakfast was good and included bacon, which is always nice.

Rooms were both quiet.

Staff was friendly, but usually when we needed something we had to wait for the front desk staff to finish their smoke, which they (and other patrons) tended to do right in front of the entrance. I was not a fan of having to walk through that coming in and out to load/unload my vehicle.

Had a decent indoor pool, but it just wasn't as warm as we would've liked so we didn't stay in there too long either time.

So just a couple minor issues that I think can be cleaned up, but overall it was a positive experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear dlh85royals,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am so happy that both your experiences were positive. I am excited that you found breakfast good and rooms quiet. I do apologize for the employee smoking out front. I am in the process of changing some rules around and that is one of them, so hopefully that will not be an issue in the future. We can not wait to see you again and hope you have safe travels.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

While traveling to Florida, we spent the night here. Friendly desk clerk, incredibly comfortable king bed, decent-sized bathroom, and a better-than-expected breakfast buffet.

If ever going through again, we'd pick this HI over any other hotels in Carrollton.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear G A,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, I am very pleased that you found the front desk clerk friendly and beds comfortable, That our bathroom was a good size and our breakfast was good for you. We hope you will come see us again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Upon arrival, entranced was clean and smelled fresh. Lemonade was available at front area. Staff was friendly. We were able to check in prior to normal check-in. Cleaning staff was friendly and actually help pack items into room. Extra towels were brought to us without asking. I spend one weekend a year in carrolton and this was my first at this hotel, but I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear lpg1003,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I was very excited to read that you found the front entrance to be clean and smelled good. I also happy that the front desk clerk was friendly and you were able to check in early. What excites me the most is that my housekeeping staff took great care to make sure to help you with your bags and to provide you with extra towels without having to ask for them. I will be sure to praise them and let them know what a great job they did. We hope to see you again soon and please be safe in all your travels.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I am a Priority Club member, and used reward points to book this room. (I'm a big Holiday Inn Express fan, and try to stay at one whenever I travel for business or pleasure.)

As a result of the room being a "free" room for the hotel, I think I was purposely booked into a noisy room -- next to a maintenance room, which made noise periodically from some sort of machinery all night long. Also, the pillows were extraordinarily lumpy and uncomfortable, and seemed to be full of foam cubes.

The desk clerk in the evening was very nice and sweet, but the morning clerk (a different person) seemed unsympathetic when I mentioned my dissatisfaction to her. The morning clerk offered that "had you let us know (at 3 AM!), we would have moved you to another room"; at 3 AM, I don't want to be moved to another room, but shouldn't have been in this room at all.

I expected as a long-time Priority Club member to not be thrown into an undesirable room, and was frankly disappointed by the customer service response.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room next to the maintenance room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Little_Rodina,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Carrollton, Ky. I want to apologize to you for the experience you had at my hotel during your recent stay. I know how hard it can be to sleep when there is a lot of noise. I have gone into the Mechanical room to investigate the problem. Also the pillows are being replaced and I apologize that you had lumpy pillows. I hope you will give us another chance to prove to you we can do better!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed 6/22. Bottom line: Room fine, but desk clerk had an attitude and TV not working during USA-Portugal World Cup game which made it a bad experience for us.

We planned our travels to be in the hotel prior to the start of the World Cup games. Check in was with a desk clerk who was unprofessional in our view. Worse yet, the TV was not working when we got to the room. After confirming that it was the same on all channels, I went to the lobby to ask the clerk if service was out for the whole hotel or just our room. I could not find the clerk, but noticed the TV in the lobby was also out of sync. Found the clerk outside chatting with friends. Told her about the situation and got the "Must be the weather" routine. Pissed me off....

Room itself was fine. Clean, comfortable, beds had clean sheets and everything else was ok. Missing the game was the big factor in my low review.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry C
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Jerry C,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our Hotel here in Carrollton, Ky.
I want to apologize to you for the experience you had while staying here with us. I understand how upsetting it can be when you are looking forward to watching something on TV and the TV does not work properly. I can assure you we are working with the local Cable provider to find out what is going on with our services.
I also apologize for the attitude of the desk agent at the time. I have spoken with this individual and she assures me it will not happen again. She has been reprimanded for her actions and taught how to properly respond to guests when they need her attention.
Please accept my heartfelt apology, I do hope you will give us another chance to prove we can do better in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This Holiday Inn was recently rennovated and has a nice lobby, pool, and nice design to the rooms. The front desk staff are very pleasant, kind, and helpful. It was nice that they offer a free breakfast, which does include a variety of items-not just cereal and fruit. The pool is relaxing and the gym is small, but nice to have available. The room was very nice except the pillows definitely gotta go. They are flat with no comfort and it would make such a difference with a good pillow. The beds are not the best, but I would say they are good enough for a few nights.
Overall, I enjoyed this hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Priscilla2284,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the comfort of the pillows, or I should say lack of. I assure you we are in the process of getting new pillows. I do hope you will give us another chance and return to test out the new pillows when we get them in.

Lisa Buckler

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
#3 of 7 in Madison
Hillside Inn
Hillside Inn
#4 of 7 in Madison

Been to Holiday Inn Express Carrollton? Share your experiences!