All reviews free breakfast hi express clean hotel newer rooms stayed here for one night chain hotels next morning first floor good nights sleep jackie desk employees bedding ceiling
Reviewed 19 August 2015

My husband and I travel for business and spend a lot of time in hotels. I don't write reviews for average stays, but if a hotel stay is very good or bad I will take the time to write a review. The Holiday Inn Express at Carrolton, KY is the cleanest and quietest hotel I have ever experienced. We literally did not hear a noise during our stay. The bed felt like sleeping on a cloud and the pillows were perfectly soft. I could smell a very, very light hint of bleach which to a germaphobe was the icing on the cake. When we arrive at any hotel I clean and disinfect everything from the top of the night stands, controls, light switches, knobs, inside drawers and anything else that I feel the needs cleaned. The room was very clean and there was no hint of dirt. The breakfast was delicious and the kitchen facility had a 100 from the Department of Health. I also enjoyed the landscaping and found the mountain views very relaxing. The staff was exceptionally nice and I would like to say "Thank You!" for doing a fabulous job!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Dear Stoppandthink.
Thank you so much for your wonderful review on our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have already passed on your words to my team and they are excited about your stay. We hope that you will stay with again soon!!

Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

Though the area didn't seem so great, this hotel was fantastic. Kayla, the evening manager was quick and friendly. The room was sparkling clean as was the bathroom. The included breakfast was plentiful and hot. Love that everything was clean, clean, clean!!

Stayed: June 2015
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2015

Dear pjvana,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel clean and Kayla friendly. I will be sure to pass on your great words to my staff. We hope you visit us again real soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2015

can not complain about anything concerning the property. But the people they have running the desk have a lot of issues. they don't CARE !!?? They take no responsibility for anything just pass it off to someone else. It was Memorial Weekend and they were not wanting to be there. I believe they were fill-ins for some one off for the weekend.
after we got back home my wife thought she might have left something in the room. When she called and asked Jackie she was told she would have to go ask someone in housekeeping. My wife asked what would they do if they found something left in the room she was told by Jackie they would put it in the corner somewhere in the office. My wife asked would you not call the guest who left it in the room to let them know. She said no they don't ever call anyone. It just sits in that room !!!!!! If that is Holliday Inns policy I don't think I would like to give them anymore of our money. My wife has been a IHG member for more than 20 yrs. and could not believe what she was told or how unprofessional the day and night desk person was.
We sent a message and review to corporate headquarters and still wait their response ??

Room Tip: Hope they change their desk staff before you go there
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2015

Dear rayandcarolyn,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Carrollton KY. I am happy that your found the hotel okay. However I want to apologize to you for the way you were spoken to about our lost and found policy. I would like to discuss this further if you do not mind and get a little more information from you. If you could please email me at lbucklerhie@gmail.com with name date stayed and room number if you happen to remember so I can investigate this further. Thank you!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We traveled to Lyles, TN and back from April 9-12. To split the 8-hour trip, we stayed in Carrollton, KY both on the way down and back. Made the mistake of staying at the Super 8 on the way down. Picked the Holiday Inn Express on the way back. MUCH BETTER CHOICE! By the time we got the discount we asked for, we ended up paying the same price here as the Super 8. The woman (I believe Kayla was her name) working the counter when we got there at 10:00 pm (without a reservation) was awesome! She was super, super nice and accommodating. The only complaint I have is that the tub drained very, very, very slow. But the room was beautiful, the bathroom clean and no STENCH of cigarette smoke as in the 'other' hotel. Would DEFINITELY stay here again. :)

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Tracy C
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2015

Dear Tracy C
Thank you so much for posting a review on our hotel here in Carrollton, Ky. I am very pleased that you found everything clean and smelling fresh. I am also very excited that Kayla was extremely helpful and friendly for your visit. I will defiantly be sure to pass on those great words. I will let maintenance know about the drain issue and have him check all rooms so hopefully we can avoid an issue in the future, thank you for letting us know. We can not wait to have you stay with us again, please be careful in your travels.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

This place was perfect for what we needed. Very convenient to the highway we were traveling on from Pgh. to Nashville. Not only convenient but very clean, quiet and the accommodations were perfect. The breakfast included with our stay had many options to select from and prepare yourself. Everything was well stocked and the person monitoring the breakfast area was very pleasant, friendly and helpful. We didn't have a reservation and just happened to stop here along the way not having any idea what we were in for. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Heather M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2014

Dear pictrchicl,
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. I was so happy to see that you found our hotel clean, quiet and that you enjoyed our Breakfast Bar. I will be sure to share this review with our staff! Safe travels and we hope to see you again!

Heather McCollum