“A different kind of review?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Carrollton

Hampton Inn Carrollton
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A different kind of review?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

A special to Roger!

First time ever, I booked the wrong day for my reservation. Roger was very accommodating, helped me change, then cancel my reservation. I was able to re book at a more convenient location which increased my productivity for the next day.

Thanks again....

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank BeenThere410

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

The property is under renovation as of December 2012. While I would bet they are a good property, my experience was anything less than good. Had I not seen the manager busting his butt, I would have asked for the 100% satisfaction guarentee. Upon arriving to my room, I noticed the lack of a desk chair and called the front desk. The young lady on the other end sighed and said "I guess I will have to go find one" to which I replied, "I guess you will". Internet was not available and I gave up trying at 8PM. It was working the next morning but I had already gone to McDonald's to use their Wifi the night before. Why in the heck would a hotel have a renovated room and me still moving furniture to plug in my laptop is beyond me. Put an outlet by the desk or as a minimum, a lamp with an outlet in the base.

Room Tip: Wait until the renovation is complete.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert H
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

December 14, 2012-This hotel is undergoing remodeling on all floors. There is no breakfast bar area. The first room we were given was disgustingly dirty. The second room we were given was a smoking room, in fact I think all rooms in the hotel allow smoking. Carrollton is a popular stopping point for Truck drivers. If driving south bypass Carrollton and drive onto Louisville Kentucky they have much nicer hotels.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Kbsparks
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

The in-room internet was TERRIBLE, even in a 'center' room on the third floor. Weak signal, frequently dropped altogether. Frustrating.

It's a hotel, I get that, but having bathtub grout with black mold just isn't right. This was odd because the rest of the place was almost painfully clean - even during renovation. When I went to turn on the desk lamp, found the reason it didn't work was that it had been unplugged for other appliances, and no other plug was in reach. And the cover not put back on the outlet, which was nice (see pics). Those kind of things might be expected at a Motel 6, but not a Hampton.

The Burger King next door is appalling, certainly not the hotel's fault but be warned.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Richmond, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

This was a decent overnight stay for work. Check-in staff was friendly. All they had left for non-smoking was a King-size handicap accessible room, but it still smelled vaguely of smoke in the bathroom. The rooms do have a nice refrigerator and microwave, which is always a plus. The comforters must have been relatively new because they weren't lumpy the way other Hampton comforters tend to get from all of the washing (I smelled it--it had been laundered). The room got a little warm at night, even with the air on, but I'm sensitive to heat so it might just be me! I second some other reviewer's comments. They give you the most toiletry bottles of any Hampton I've ever stayed in; the TV had sound but no picture until I unplugged it and turned it on and off a few times; and this location does not have a fitness room. The location is convenient to the rest of Carrollton. There's a taco bell within walking distance, although I didn't eat there. Try the Homestyle Pizza or the Two Rivers restaurant in the nearby General Butler State Park. I also recommend checking out the Outlet Mall which is just down the road.

Room Tip: Elevators are slow. I'd avoid the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Billingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Needed a break on a trip from Detroit MI to Nashville TN and decided to stop here on a whim. I am so glad we did. The friendliness of the staff was outstanding, the rate we got was excellent and everyone could not do enough to make us comfortable for the night.

There was no place to eat at the site, but on enquiring at the desk was directed to a terrific Mexican restaurant, El Nopal, which was less than 0.5 miles away and even given a couple of recommendations from their menu!

Hampton Inns are usually pretty good, I wish they there all like this one which is outstanding. If I am ever in the are again I will certainly be going back there.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
ROCHESTER
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

This fairly new hotel was spotlessly clean, with the most comfortable hotel bed I'd slept in recently. The room was spacious, the TV and remote worked and had all our favorite channels, the bright white bedding was crisp and comfortable, and the temperature control worked properly. Even the shower was nice. I would stay here again, should be ever pass through this area in the future.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Comfort Inn Madison
Comfort Inn Madison
#4 of 7 in Madison
Ramada Sparta/At Speedway

Been to Hampton Inn Carrollton? Share your experiences!