“Very Nice Property”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Hiram
“Very Nice Property”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed one night mid March and was very pleased. The property is going through a remodel but the rooms completed were very attractive.

Staff was great and very accommodating, would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Melissa P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carrollton, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you for choosing HOTEL for your recent stay in CITY. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at HOTEL.

Sincerly,
Melissa Petty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pendleton, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel because Hamptons are consistently good. Not this one! We stayed for a 3 day weekend in late February during the remodel and was told the internet was fine it must be our two laptops. They finally had the "tech" call us in our room but he still could not get us online.
It was spotty in and out all weekend. We stayed a second time March 21st weekend and was told the internet was "fixed " but when we pushed the issue we were told by one of the managers the next morning that they were aware of the problem and were waiting for new equipment.
After reading some of the other reviews I cannot understand why the owners/managers let this continue for months without action.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 March 2013

A special to Roger!

First time ever, I booked the wrong day for my reservation. Roger was very accommodating, helped me change, then cancel my reservation. I was able to re book at a more convenient location which increased my productivity for the next day.

Thanks again....

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank BeenThere410
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 December 2012

The property is under renovation as of December 2012. While I would bet they are a good property, my experience was anything less than good. Had I not seen the manager busting his butt, I would have asked for the 100% satisfaction guarentee. Upon arriving to my room, I noticed the lack of a desk chair and called the front desk. The young lady on the other end sighed and said "I guess I will have to go find one" to which I replied, "I guess you will". Internet was not available and I gave up trying at 8PM. It was working the next morning but I had already gone to McDonald's to use their Wifi the night before. Why in the heck would a hotel have a renovated room and me still moving furniture to plug in my laptop is beyond me. Put an outlet by the desk or as a minimum, a lamp with an outlet in the base.

Room Tip: Wait until the renovation is complete.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert H
Reviewed 16 December 2012

December 14, 2012-This hotel is undergoing remodeling on all floors. There is no breakfast bar area. The first room we were given was disgustingly dirty. The second room we were given was a smoking room, in fact I think all rooms in the hotel allow smoking. Carrollton is a popular stopping point for Truck drivers. If driving south bypass Carrollton and drive onto Louisville Kentucky they have much nicer hotels.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Kbsparks
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The in-room internet was TERRIBLE, even in a 'center' room on the third floor. Weak signal, frequently dropped altogether. Frustrating.

It's a hotel, I get that, but having bathtub grout with black mold just isn't right. This was odd because the rest of the place was almost painfully clean - even during renovation. When I went to turn on the desk lamp, found the reason it didn't work was that it had been unplugged for other appliances, and no other plug was in reach. And the cover not put back on the outlet, which was nice (see pics). Those kind of things might be expected at a Motel 6, but not a Hampton.

The Burger King next door is appalling, certainly not the hotel's fault but be warned.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This was a decent overnight stay for work. Check-in staff was friendly. All they had left for non-smoking was a King-size handicap accessible room, but it still smelled vaguely of smoke in the bathroom. The rooms do have a nice refrigerator and microwave, which is always a plus. The comforters must have been relatively new because they weren't lumpy the way other Hampton comforters tend to get from all of the washing (I smelled it--it had been laundered). The room got a little warm at night, even with the air on, but I'm sensitive to heat so it might just be me! I second some other reviewer's comments. They give you the most toiletry bottles of any Hampton I've ever stayed in; the TV had sound but no picture until I unplugged it and turned it on and off a few times; and this location does not have a fitness room. The location is convenient to the rest of Carrollton. There's a taco bell within walking distance, although I didn't eat there. Try the Homestyle Pizza or the Two Rivers restaurant in the nearby General Butler State Park. I also recommend checking out the Outlet Mall which is just down the road.

Room Tip: Elevators are slow. I'd avoid the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Comfort Inn Madison
Comfort Inn Madison
#4 of 7 in Madison
General Butler State Resort

Been to Hampton Inn Carrollton? Share your experiences!