“Read my review-better than others.”

Hampton Inn Carrollton
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Reviewed 15 April 2013

After 12 hours in a car, at 9 at night we needed to stop and find a room. We read the reviews on tripadvisor and reluctantly went to the Hampton Inn. The reviews were wrong, the rooms were upgraded and beautifully decorated. King beds, amenities, a good breakfast, everything we needed to for an overnight stay. We were hungry and the desk manager gave us recommendations AND printed out mapquest decorations! We ran into some trouble finding locations open at 10 p.m. but happened upon a Mexican restaurant right down the street that just opened two months ago and had we had a wonderful meal. Don't know the name of the place because they didn't have their sign out front as of yet but a great meal at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Carrollton

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed one night at this establishment. It was going through a re-mod but we did not have any issues with construction noise or being "in the way". The room was very attractive and the
staff were very accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deb K
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed one night mid March and was very pleased. The property is going through a remodel but the rooms completed were very attractive.

Staff was great and very accommodating, would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Melissa P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you for choosing HOTEL for your recent stay in CITY. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at HOTEL.

Sincerly,
Melissa Petty

Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel because Hamptons are consistently good. Not this one! We stayed for a 3 day weekend in late February during the remodel and was told the internet was fine it must be our two laptops. They finally had the "tech" call us in our room but he still could not get us online.
It was spotty in and out all weekend. We stayed a second time March 21st weekend and was told the internet was "fixed " but when we pushed the issue we were told by one of the managers the next morning that they were aware of the problem and were waiting for new equipment.
After reading some of the other reviews I cannot understand why the owners/managers let this continue for months without action.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2013

A special to Roger!

First time ever, I booked the wrong day for my reservation. Roger was very accommodating, helped me change, then cancel my reservation. I was able to re book at a more convenient location which increased my productivity for the next day.

Thanks again....

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank BeenThere410
Reviewed 22 December 2012

The property is under renovation as of December 2012. While I would bet they are a good property, my experience was anything less than good. Had I not seen the manager busting his butt, I would have asked for the 100% satisfaction guarentee. Upon arriving to my room, I noticed the lack of a desk chair and called the front desk. The young lady on the other end sighed and said "I guess I will have to go find one" to which I replied, "I guess you will". Internet was not available and I gave up trying at 8PM. It was working the next morning but I had already gone to McDonald's to use their Wifi the night before. Why in the heck would a hotel have a renovated room and me still moving furniture to plug in my laptop is beyond me. Put an outlet by the desk or as a minimum, a lamp with an outlet in the base.

Room Tip: Wait until the renovation is complete.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 16 December 2012

December 14, 2012-This hotel is undergoing remodeling on all floors. There is no breakfast bar area. The first room we were given was disgustingly dirty. The second room we were given was a smoking room, in fact I think all rooms in the hotel allow smoking. Carrollton is a popular stopping point for Truck drivers. If driving south bypass Carrollton and drive onto Louisville Kentucky they have much nicer hotels.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Kbsparks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
#4 of 7 in Madison
Hillside Inn
Hillside Inn
#3 of 7 in Madison

Been to Hampton Inn Carrollton? Share your experiences!