“Problems and Then Some”

Hampton Inn Carrollton
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Reviewed 10 September 2013

To begin with front office staff are great! On to our room, air conditioner struggled to keep up, mattress was horrible and would not stay in place, there were someone's dirty shoes in the hall the whole time we were there, this Hampton has the worst breakfast of any Hampton we have stayed at, garbage was around soday and pop machine the whole time we were there - it just never got cleaned, outside the front door was dirty, do they not know what a power washer is, the window in our room was terribly dirty as was the mirror in the bathroom. I understood this hotel is about 0 years old but has been updated. Okay where is the toilet paper holder, this Hampton needs to be looked into. Oh while I was standing at the front desk someone who had just checked in asked for another room sayimg there was just to much mold in the room. At he same time another person said the room did not have a remote for the TV and still another person came back out after just checking in and said the air conditioner did not work. I mean come on people get your act together. The thing that upsets me the most is that I have emailed the manager twice and have not heard back. She also was not present the whole time we were there.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Melissa P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Hello Mrs. Raleigh,

Thank you for taking the time to express to me about your concerns with the hotel during your stay. I received your email that you sent the other day and thank you for replying after I emailed you.

I knew that I shouldn't of taken off over the weekend but I had to get some rest. But from your letter, I don't think I will be taking off anymore.

I am so sorry about your terrible stay over the weekend. Victoria did call me and spoke with me about all of your bad experiences that you were having and I did have her refund both nights that you stayed. I know that, that doesn't take care of everything but I do want to say is that I am very sorry about everything and I hope you will give us a chance again to make things right. I will assure you next time you won't have any problems at all.

And I will let the girls on the desk know that you said they done a great job.

Once again, I'm very sorry.

Melissa Petty

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Carrollton

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My family and I stayed over night. We were in town for a family reunion. It was very kid friendly because we had 5 under the age of 4. The rooms were nice a clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Butler Park was right up the road and we took the kids there to burn energy before bed, one of the guest staff told us about the park. Overall, it was a very nice stay we will be going back again soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Vanessa H
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Was a great stay as always, my third time here; I travel a lot in my position and at times with my family. This is the type of hotel that I/we look for. The staff is very nice, courtesy, helpful and respectful. The location is convenient and close to the interstate.

1  Thank Johna B
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Our company has been coming here for years and I just want to let the Hampton Inn know that they do a wonderful job and the renovation turned out great. The rooms are a lot better and the new staff is great. Good job...We will return

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Since the renovation, the hotel has improved 100%. The rooms are a lot nicer and bright. The lobby is more open and the breakfast area isn't cluttered as before. The staff is wonderful and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

All I can say is excellent and very friendly staff. If you are ever in the Carrollton, Ky area, I would recommend the Hampton Inn. The internet is great and the rooms are clean, the breakfast is great. I just like what they have done to the hotel.

1  Thank Bryan C
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This hotel had a very nice appearance, but the cost was much to high. I expected more. People were slamming doors late at night and the pool was not real clean. There needs to be air circulating in the pool area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
#4 of 7 in Madison
Hillside Inn
Hillside Inn
#3 of 7 in Madison

Been to Hampton Inn Carrollton? Share your experiences!