“There are better places to stay. Not recommended.”

Motel 6 Cave City, KY
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Cave City
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My wife and I wanted to stay somewhere for the weekend just to get away from everything. We could have done much better than this one. I tried hard not to nit pick simply because I really wanted to enjoy the time alone, but here are some things that were impossible to miss.

1) The floor in our room was filthy. From the looks of it, one of the recent occupants had spilled something sticky between the beds. It was still sticky when we were there.
2) The bathtub drained extremely slowly. My wife turned the water off while she was soaping up, and it was still over my ankles when I got in.
3) The comforter was covered in cigarette burns.
4) There were no unused electrical outlets. Hotels are notorious for being limited, but we had to unplug a lamp just to charge a cell phone. And the only thing that a business traveller could do if they needed to set up a laptop on the desk, is unplug the refrigerator or the microwave.
5) It was unseasonable warm when we stayed. However, my wife is cold natured and I am hot natured (I prefer high 60's in a room, she can't get warm enough). Even with the heater set at 85, the room never got warm by MY standards. She stayed under the cover whenever we were in the room.
6) Several people have made comments about this hotel being recently remodeled. The wallpaper looked fairly new, but I wouldn't hire the contractor that put it up. Standing in the bathroom, as men frequently do, the wallpaper job in the corner behind the toilet looked pretty pathetic.

Sadly, this was with me NOT looking for issues. I'd have hated to see the list had I been looking. The limited time that we had with the front desk, the employees seemed pretty friendly. But, overall the friendliness of the staff doesn't make up for all that this hotel is lacking. I definitely don't recommend this hotel if it is avoidable.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt J
pamela w, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Cave City, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Thank you for your response. We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. I have spoken to maintenace concerning the heat and tub drainage issues. I have also discussed the carpets and bedspread with our housekeeping staff. I feel these issues have been resolved. The outlet situation has not, but I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

We had a very nice stay at your hotel. Rooms where clean and well maintained, and the staff was very helpful. The beds where very comfortable and the location to many good restraunts and stores was very convenieant I would recommend your Hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
pamela w, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Cave City, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and look forward to having you back. Have a happy New Year!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 December 2012

As a Wyndham rewards member I chose this location as it was billed as recently remodeled and was part of the current incentive program. Arrived on Christmas day and was greeted by a very friendly and courteous desk clerk. After getting settled in I headed out for snacks, which is when I realized that the door would not latch unless the deadbolt was locked. I informed the desk clerk who did in fact come to the room and check it out and offered to move us to another room. as far as the 'recently remodeled, it was obvious that aside from the exterior bricks being painted, the rest of the place was still in it's 1980's decor. Bed was very hard and uncomfortable. In the morning I was in the process of making a pot of the complimentary coffee in the room when I noticed that the coffee maker and pot had not been cleaned, probably since new, also from the 1980's.

Room Tip: Best tip I could give is to STAY AWAY!!!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe D
Reviewed 2 December 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
pamela w, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Cave City, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Reviewed 16 November 2012

I just want to Thank Sunny & Her Husband for the Generous Hospitality they showed. I was in a bind when They offered above & beyond Their Services! We was with the GCHMB & My Daughter had to go to the ER for Possible Broken Leg...! It was not Amen. We was forced to stay in the Lobby after Our Crew had left at check out time. My Husband had been sick overnight into the AM. After Checkout time I had asked if We could possibly stay a bit longer so to give My Husband time to re coop!! My Daughter & I stayed in the Lobby as they Cleaned. My Daughter was on the couch. Breakfast was already over of course & We was offered a Comp. Room & Food that Sunny was going to fix for Us. I cried for the Hospitality was Awesome & I am ever so Grateful for their being So Generous!! We need More People like them in this WORLD for it would make it a better Place. I want to Thank You from the Heart.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We stayed 2 nights on October 25th and 26th and was pleased with our stay. Days Inn motto says: A promise as sure as the sun~~warm hospitality, clean and comfortable room where everything works, and that's exactly what we got. Thanks to Sunny and Joe for their excellent customer service! We will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
pamela w, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Cave City, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. Our staff is a very important part of our growing sucess. We strive to give our guest an enjoyable nights rest, and a great start to their day. We hope everyone who stays here will come back and stay with us again.