“We always stay here when visiting Kentucky”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cave City
Wigwam Village Inn #2
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Cave City
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“We always stay here when visiting Kentucky”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We always stay at the Wigwam Village if we head to that side of Kentucky. It is very close to Mammoth Cave National Park. We love the unique and historical part of staying there. We want it to survive so future generations who lack romance and imagination.

Now for the "hotel" experience and responding to other comments: Each teepee has its own air conditioner which worked well. One time we were there during a rainy time and it was damp. The concrete walls of the teepee just are not the best for the dampness. Internet is not so good inside the teepee because of the concrete (just sit at a picnic table). The beds I thought were very nice and clean. The bedding smelled of bleach. It might be older bedding but oh well.

The only thing I would suggest is some extra cleaning. Someone here complained about mold smell, so each air conditioner should be removed and cleaned out entirely. The bathroom walls and door should be scrubbed well with some bleach water. Floors and bedding are as clean as should be but the extra cleaning of doors and walls and ceilings would be an extra boost since visitors demand cleanliness. Oils from fingers just get into the paint.

3 Thank debkr67

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This place was conceived and built in the 1930's. It is a unique place to stay. No, not some bland Hilton or Holiday Inn, but it has real character and historical value. It's very pleasant and I would recommend to anyone highly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank photolandscape
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 July 2013

It was a little tough to reach someone to make the reservation, but once we did they were very professional and booked our rooms. The rooms were clean, but not new at all, so they did have a "scent" to them, but overall if you want to pay a low price AND get a unique experience, then these things are part of the package. My kids thought it was incredibly cool and took a zillion pictures. A lot of the other people visiting were sitting outside, sort of campground style, so it was a friendly place to stay, and there was a playground in the center for younger kids.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Lynn P
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

My mom got this bright I idea that we should stay in these teepees during our vacation last summer. My brother and his wife had a camper and stayed at Jellystone. My family and my mom and dad stayed in the teepees. NEVER AGAIN! First, it is run by people from the middle east that seem to care about only one thing- Your money!!!! We had to pay upfront. BIG MIStAKE and soon found out why. Your door in to the thing didn't even lock. The room reeked of mold and mildew. It was dark, and damp. The beds looked like they were made in a shed out back. The bedding looked to be 100 yeaars old. The bathroom was the worst! There was one light bulb, the other was out. Tiles were missing in the shower and it was just overall disgusting. So I went back to the office to ask for my money back. The man was rude, disrespectful, and would not give our money back. We were forced to spend the night in the run down teepee. I refused to shower in there and went to Jellystone where my brother was and showered in his camper with my kids. When we went to sleep, I put our socks in our tennis shoes to keep the bugs out of them. I reported them to the BBB and got no where. The owner said he tried to appease me. Whatever. DO NOT STAY IN THIS RUN DOWN KENTUCKY EMBARASSMENT! I am from Kentucky and am so embarassed. If you want to camp, find a campground. Jellystone had an awesome pool and area for the kids. My kids hated the teepees and we will never be back. Go somewhere else if you want true Kentucky hospitality. These owners don't know the meaning.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank Hbrumley70

Travellers are raving about these Cave City hotels

Cincinnati
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I for one absolutely loved it! My son and I had a blast at the Wigwam! The owners were nice and the grounds were fairly well maintained. Our Wigwam was clean... Yes everything was a little worn... but for the love of pete it's been around for how long? That's part of the nostalgia! If you want room service, and extra crispy linens then go back to the Hilton. If you want camping without the trouble of packing a tent this is the place for you! I will definitely be going back! and for 60 bucks, what else do you want? :)

4 Thank emmu1982
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 June 2013

At the 1st the owner or manager was nice. I was put on hold as he was helping quest ( No hold button). After a few minutes I still hear rustling around , I said Hello and then he remembered that I was holding. The dates were confirmed to be available I called back the next day to book it .It was a different gentlemen. This was 5 weeks away from our arrival time. I get a call at 9:38 p.m. the next week asking where I was. The staff booked me for June instead of July . Also , I confirmed it several times as we were speaking because he told me that they only had the 1st night available now and they booked up fast from the night before. When I called the owner/ manager back he blamed me and said he was loosing $. I told him it was unprofessional and he should make sure he talks to his staff. He told me not to give him Advice. I am not waiting to see if i get reimbursed , I am working with my bank in case I have to dispute it. Ughh!

5 Thank BlindLogic
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The wigwams are definitely not very cozy and even a bit damp inside. The bathroom wasn't lockable in our room and everything was kinda worn down. But thats only the dark side.
Nice is the atmosphere in the evenings with camp fires and maybe some new friends, which is really cool compared to a normal motel which I think you should compare it to.
For having a bit of variety it's still doable and unique. Wouldn't recommend it for a romantic trip.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 2 in Park City
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
#1 of 3 in Horse Cave

Been to Wigwam Village Inn #2? Share your experiences!