Wigwam Village Inn #2
US$61
Travel Inn(Cave City)
US$50
Travelocity
All reviewsrooms are smalloriginal furnitureconcrete wigwamkids staying theresemi circleunique placetwo double bedscoffee makerfun place to stayholiday innamericananostalgickitschroadsiderialtoarizonatile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2013

After reading the mixed reviews, I was a little nervous about booking here. I am so glad I did! My kids ( boy 8 and girls 10 and 16) had a great time. The reservation and check in were easy and the owners were friendly and professional. The younger ones played while I checked us in and we unloaded the car. There were swings, monkeybars, and other equipment in a large grassy area away from the road and parking. Each wigwam has a parking space next to it. We had 5 people in a room with 2 beds, so my son slept in a sleeping bag on the floor. Everything was clean and comfortable. These rooms are about 80 years old, so don't expect modern wonders. There is a small tv, cable, free wifi, and a coffee maker. If you're looking to make a memory, this is a great place for you.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank feistymama1971
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We just spent our first night at Wigwam village. It was great! First of all, get it out of your head that you are going to the Hilton. You are going to stay in a piece of history. These villages were built in the 1930's, only 3 are still around. So, yes, the furniture is old. But it was VERY clean, and comfortable. There was a working air conditioner, cable TV, and working indoor plumbing, with the original tile from the 30's. So if you don't like antiques, if you don't have a sense of adventure and fun, if everything has to be "modern" for you, don't go. But if you have kids, please by all means, go and have fun! If you are a kid at heart, go and enjoy this working piece of history. It was fun, nostalgic and quirky. It's an adventure! Look at it as a few steps up from camping in a tent. We loved it.

6  Thank Missy L
Reviewed 26 July 2013

First let me say that my kids ages 12 and 8 screamed like it was Christmas morning when we pulled up to Wig Wam village. The hotel is very run down but has all the basics. The beds need new mattresses and the playground is falling apart. The rooms need a complete makeover. But thats not the reason we stayed here. My kids LOVED the hotel and I am glad I spent the $79 bucks just to see the joy on their faces.

5  Thank jfoxworthy
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had great fun staying in our "wigwam". The rooms were clean and the bed was really comfortable. My kids thought it was a hoot! The rooms are small and a bit old, but we knew that when we booked so no issues for us. If you are looking for fun nostalgia, this is the place for you. We got lots of fun pics!!!

Room Tip: They only have a limited number of double bed wigwams, so book early!!
4  Thank Bookmom71
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We always stay at the Wigwam Village if we head to that side of Kentucky. It is very close to Mammoth Cave National Park. We love the unique and historical part of staying there. We want it to survive so future generations who lack romance and imagination.

Now for the "hotel" experience and responding to other comments: Each teepee has its own air conditioner which worked well. One time we were there during a rainy time and it was damp. The concrete walls of the teepee just are not the best for the dampness. Internet is not so good inside the teepee because of the concrete (just sit at a picnic table). The beds I thought were very nice and clean. The bedding smelled of bleach. It might be older bedding but oh well.

The only thing I would suggest is some extra cleaning. Someone here complained about mold smell, so each air conditioner should be removed and cleaned out entirely. The bathroom walls and door should be scrubbed well with some bleach water. Floors and bedding are as clean as should be but the extra cleaning of doors and walls and ceilings would be an extra boost since visitors demand cleanliness. Oils from fingers just get into the paint.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family