“Not worth it and for sure dont stay in cold temps there.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cave City
Wigwam Village Inn #2
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Cave City
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Place was neat looking and something different. Needs alot of work. Probably great during early times but run down now. Only space heaters used and our wigwam very drafty and chilly. Door was drafty and sunlight came thru bottom & sides. Only 1 parking spot each wigwam. Playground equipment appears recycled from mcds also broken with jagged plastic in its window. Tire horse swings rotted and could break any moment.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank kypurple76
There are newer reviews for Wigwam Village Inn #2

Reviewed 2 May 2014

If you are looking for luxury this is not it. But if you are looking for roadside kitch, old americana then this is for you. We stayed in wigwam #12 and the room was clean with furnishings from the era. The bed left alot to be desired. We had to use the space heater and it was still chilly. Overall fun and something we had to do once.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Terri D
Reviewed 24 April 2014

If you set your expectations right, and you're looking for some classic Americana, you'll enjoy this place. The rooms are small, but clean, with 2 double (not queen) beds. You'll need to duck to get in the shower! The office "Wigwam" doesn't appear to be used anymore, when we were there, we needed to register at the owner's house. The Teepees are in very good shape, especially considering their age. The front door glass louvers are painted over, and the side window can no longer be opened, so the window A/C is the only ventilation. The playground, though, is in sad shape, too bad for families with small kids.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul K
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Based on reviews, we lowered expectations & enjoyed our short visit. TeePee #12 was heated well with space heater, had a working T.V., small coffee pot, and clean enough. Beautiful sunset & trains added ambiance. Outdoor fires & grills are available with lots if wood. We took some great pictures and enjoyed the (decayed) Americana. Slightly eery feeling because of lack of people and truly shabby play ground equipment.

Constructive criticsm, tear down all that stuff & just make a nice fire pit area. Keep the slide only with a fresh paint job.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Colleen W
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We looked so forward to staying at Wigwam Village with out 8 yr old son.
We had pretty low expectations. We knew it was dated. But what we did not count on was bedding with cigarette burns and thread worn, plaster pealing from the ceiling and general decay. We had teepee #6. The furnishings are on their last legs, literally from the 50's. The rattan beds have huge holes in the head/foot boards, the one light bulb hung from a bare cord from the ceiling. The lopsided TV stand would have fallen over if you walked by it. It held a 13" TV that did not work, unless you liked snow. There was no room to bring in luggage or to walk passed each other. It's so sad to see such a wonderful piece of history is such disrepair. It would take so little to make them a jewel again. But we could not bring ourselves to stay there and went on down the street to a different hotel. The owners were understanding in this and appeared to be used to people not wanting to stay once the saw the inside.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank ddashby16
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this place is pretty awesome. You need to be prepared before you go though, and just go ahead and lower your expectations, and look at it as an Americana adventure. I met one of my good friends there, and we stayed in TeePee #12, which had 1 double bed. It was easy to find from the interstate. The Office said it was "Open," but there was also a sign that said to go to "the house" after hours. It wasn't after hours, but... I went to the house to check in anyway. Now that was maybe the oddest thing about the whole experience. I rang the bell and no one answered, so I started the open the already slightly open door, and a man said "Come in!" He was sitting on his couch watching tv, and got all the receipts/reservation information out for me to sign right there in his living room. Odd!

The room was actually cleaner than I expected. It's very small. And very old. But pretty clean. Only one small dead bug behind the bathroom door. Not too shabby. I did bring flip-flops for the shower, and I would recommend that - just in case, you know. The bed was pretty soft and bouncy (not in a good way really). We never even turned on the TV so I can't comment on that. I had brought my laptop and we watched a couple of movies on that. We went in the middle of March, and while it was nice the day that we checked in, it was pretty chilly that evening, and then the following day was freezing. There was one tiny space heater in the teepee, and let me tell you - that thing really worked! Neither of us were cold that night at all. The toilet had some trouble flushing at one point, but my friend figured it out and was able to get it to work. Also - the gift shop was never open, and from the look of it, it looked like they hardly had anything in it at all. A friend of mine had been there before and gotten a t-shirt, and I was kindof interested in that, but... I guess I'll just have to try and get that some other time.

There was a train nearby that did blow its horn several times and was kindof annoying. It didn't wake either of us up through the night, I don't think though. We enjoyed using the little fire pit outside, and sat around it for a while. That was probably the funnest part of it all.

Not a whole lot to do in Cave City other than Mammoth Cave, so I would recommend that! Overall, it was a fun little weekend adventure to remember! Everyone should experience the Wigwam Village at least once! :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ruth H
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We planned a trip to Cave City, KY on our way to Indianapolis this December (2013). We decided to visit Mammoth Cave on the way and thought the teepee would be a great and unique place to stay. The website indicated that the room was heated....it wasn't really. It was 20 degrees outside and the room had a small, very small, space heater that barely kept the room warm.

Additionally, the floors were all tile so this made for extra freezing steps around the room. The water in the shower didn't stay warm for very long, so be sure and take a quick shower. The beds were extremely uncomfortable as well.

Overall, for $50 a night, what could you really expect? It was neat to stay in a place with so much history, but if comfort or anything remotely near luxury is what you are looking for, this probably wouldn't be the best place for you.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Park City
Super 8 Munfordville KY
Super 8 Munfordville KY
#1 of 1 in Munfordville

Been to Wigwam Village Inn #2? Share your experiences!