“Nostalgia not Resort”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cave City
Wigwam Village Inn #2
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Cave City
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I am not sure what some people a looking for when they stay here. It is a fun place to stay. It was built long ago and I think there may be only one more of these villages that remains open and that is in Prescott, AZ. It is clean, has plenty of hot water and fairly comfortable beds. The whole village has been well maintained. I agree completely with NashvillesHome...we had a ball. It is the kind of place where your neighbors are out playing ball and roasting marshmallows and you get the opportunity to meet and talk with them. The kids said it was the most fun part of the trip! Would we stay there again...you bet....it was not only the kids who enjoyed the fun atmosphere of a day gone by. And there are not many of us who can say we slept in a Wigwam!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Buckeye017
There are newer reviews for Wigwam Village Inn #2

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This is a really neat place to come for 1 night of old fashioned fun! I came with a few friends and their children as a unique way to end summer break. We made a campfire in the fire pit (they have 2) and roasted marshmallows and hot dogs. I hate to read all of the bad reviews about the manager. I thought he was as nice as he could be. He even let us move rooms because someone had been smoking the night before in #5, so he apologised and gladly moved us to #1. I think this place is all what you make it......if you want to have a quirky, unique experience that you children will always remember, then definitely give it a try. Bring lawn chairs and firewood......I expected to have firewood available and had to buy small batches at a souvenir shop and ran out.

We knew going into it that the rooms would probably be a little rough......it is a tee pee that was built in the 30's! I wish someone could take it and upgrade it. All the children that were there were having a wonderful time and that is what mattered the most to us!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank NashvilleIsHome
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

So this was probably an awesome place several years ago. Since then we Americans have gotten more and more persnickety. Small little tee pee, very little furniture. Small but clean bathroom. Comfy bed, no signs of bed bugs on our family. Not great but fun and functional. The biggest complaint I have is a family of 4 they knew this and rented us a single with a cot. So 1 kid fits the cot and two adults and 1 kid in a full size bed was blah! No freaking way. They should have said they were booked.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank DeGood1
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here at the wigwam #11 and #12 they were decent. If you are a perfectionist this isn't the place for you, I would not recommend staying here for a long period of time. For certain cellphone carriers there is no service inside the T Ps. I believe this place would get a lot more business if they cleaned up the outside of the hotel a bit (pressure wash the T Ps, get rid of the nasty mats that are on the entrance to the rooms). I would recommend a short stay here but nothing more than like a 3 day adventure at the most.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is certainly not a place to stay if you are a fussy perfectionist, but if you have a Bohemian fun loving attitude, you will have an enjoyable stay. There's nothing fancy about these teepees. My room was clean and the air-conditioner had my room nice and cool by the time I checked in. I love to support the mom and pop type businesses along the nation's blue line highways and if you add a novelty to the mix, all the better. The owners here keep this place in good condition and were quite pleasant when I called to make the reservation. Lot's of great photo opportunities, especially with the neon sign out front next to the big teepee that serves as the office. Make sure you pick up one of the little teepees for sale in the gift shop. It's a great take-home. As one other reviewer wisely states, it is what it is, and that is perfectly good enough.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Tim O
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Pictures on brochures/ website are extremely deceiving. Hair was in the bed, stains all over the sheets and pillows, bed frame was broken, lights didn't work, bugs in the bed and on the floor, room smelled like cigarettes. There is zero internet connection (the manager will lie to you about having wifi). Terrible middle eastern man was the manager. Would not give us our money back. DO NOT STAY IN THE WIGWAMS. Had wigwam #3.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Renaepuddles7
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My sister and her kids wanted to stay in these tee pees and I agreed they looked cool. I was given room 13 and it smelled like mold and leaky toilet, the shower floor was so nasty that I think I was dirtier after the shower, I itched all night and I actually vomited that night so I turned off the air conditioner and did not vomit anymore. The tee pees are very small as well. Outside had slides that kids can go on and other little kid fun, bon fires can be built (which was my favorite part of the night). I did get bed bug bites, however, I also stayed at the Sleep Inn the night before, so Im not sure which hotel I got the bites from. Of course I did not find bites on me until I got home, so I carried them with me and I am now in the process of sparing, washing, bagging, vacuum etc and it is the biggest pain in the rear. I would not stay in there ever again, nor would recommend anyone else to do so. Take a picture from the outside and keep driving,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Park Mammoth Resort
Park Mammoth Resort
#1 of 2 in Park City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Been to Wigwam Village Inn #2? Share your experiences!