“Average”
Review of Super 8 Cave City

Super 8 Cave City
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Cave City
Reviewed 28 October 2013

he check-in process took about 15 minutes. The two ladies checking me in were having all kinds of problems with the computer, printer, room keys, just about everything. Good thing I was in no hurry. The room was adequate and did include a mini-refrigerator and microwave. There were a few dead bugs on the carpet. The location was good for exporing the area caves. Eating choices are very limited, so I would not recommend staying here more than one or two nights.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We haven't been there yet, however, we have booked through Priceline. I put in the occupants as 2 adults and 1 child. My price was accepted but it indicated we would be getting a king size bed. I called the hotel to find out if we could get 2 doubles, rather than 1 king and was told there would be an additional $20 per night charge, even though the rooms are normally the same price. He said since I got it through Priceline, I couldn't choose the type of room. Well I'm sorry, if you don't want people to go through Priceline, then don't use them as a booking agent and don't accept the price... BUT if you do use them and I indicated 2 adults & 1 child, you would think we would get the appropriate number of beds to accommodate us! I'm especially nervous now that I've seen pictures on here so I'm not sure what to expect. I found the guy to be very rude on the phone so I'm not looking forward to my stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We would normally never stay in a BW, but we didn't have a lot of choices in Cave City. We chose this hotel based on other reviews we saw. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The breakfast was a nice touch too (though not a large selection besides coffee, danishes, toast, and cereal).

Room Tip: They have a decent looking pool and hot tub. They also had a basketball hoop
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We went to visit Mammoth Cave, and found a nice and clean room with Best Western. The place has a heated pool opened until 10pm - the kids loved it! The breakfast was included and food was enough to give you a good start in the morning. The personnel was very nice and helpful, actually I believe people from Kentucky in general are very special, everybody is nice and helpful! Good place to spend your nights while visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Hotel was well kept. Room looked like it had been recently renovated. Bathroom was especially spacious and included a handheld shower. The wifi worked fine, although I had to get some technical assistance to connect. The A/C was very quite and did not have one of those compressors that go clunk every time it turns on and off. No complaints at all and would probably go back again if visiting Mammoth Cave.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stopped at this Best Western very late on September 20, 2013. I walked in and my first thought was "gross". The room was dirty. It had been cleaned yet the floors were dirty and hair in the sink. We were too exhausted to look for another place so we decided to suck it up and try to sleep. I went into the bathroom and there it was....the biggest spider I'd ever seen. My husband killed it but after that, I barely slept. I will never stay at this Best Western again.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. There are others!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Although we normally do not choose the Best Western chain, we used a third party to choose a place in Cave City and you often cannot know which hotel you will get. Upon arrival, it was evident that our door would open to the outside, like a motel, which turned out not to be a problem at all. The room was typical for the chain, as I remember it, but the management was AWESOME! The gentleman at the front desk who was working during our entire stay (weekend) was very friendly and accomodating.

Even as more guests hungrily entered the breakfast area, he sped back in with arms loaded full of goodies and an appreciative smile. They have a nifty automatic pancake maker and biscuits and gravy, two items I've never seen on the "free hot breakfast" menu. Considering the 'family-owned feel,' we were impressed with the level of professionalism! There's also a nice hot tub and heated outdoor pool, although we never were able to take advantage of them.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
#2 of 4 in Glasgow
The Hotel SYNC
The Hotel SYNC
#1 of 35 in Bowling Green

Been to Super 8 Cave City? Share your experiences!