“Cave City Business”
Review of Super 8 Cave City

Super 8 Cave City
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Cave City
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Average accomodations, adequate for needs. The room was quite dated and bathroom was very cold for some reason. The continental breakfast did not meet my expectations. Went to Cracker Barrel down the street.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank drdayfxst

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This little place is a nice getaway. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is great. The beds are really comfortable. We were helping my brother with a project on a house that he just bought in the area and he put us up here for the night. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel's one story (so there is no one walking above you) with ample parking and an outdoor pool. Full breakfast was included (with make your own pancakes, buiscuits, milk and cereal, muffins, waffles, bagel, fruits and juices as vegetarian options). Front desk folks were helpful and honored my request for a quiet room. Internet worked fine but logs you out after a period of non use, so logging back in was annoying. A decent Mexican restaurant is within walking distance and chains like Pizza Hut are close by. The only problem I had was that the pillows in our room were too thick and not soft enough causing some neck strain.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2013

he check-in process took about 15 minutes. The two ladies checking me in were having all kinds of problems with the computer, printer, room keys, just about everything. Good thing I was in no hurry. The room was adequate and did include a mini-refrigerator and microwave. There were a few dead bugs on the carpet. The location was good for exporing the area caves. Eating choices are very limited, so I would not recommend staying here more than one or two nights.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We haven't been there yet, however, we have booked through Priceline. I put in the occupants as 2 adults and 1 child. My price was accepted but it indicated we would be getting a king size bed. I called the hotel to find out if we could get 2 doubles, rather than 1 king and was told there would be an additional $20 per night charge, even though the rooms are normally the same price. He said since I got it through Priceline, I couldn't choose the type of room. Well I'm sorry, if you don't want people to go through Priceline, then don't use them as a booking agent and don't accept the price... BUT if you do use them and I indicated 2 adults & 1 child, you would think we would get the appropriate number of beds to accommodate us! I'm especially nervous now that I've seen pictures on here so I'm not sure what to expect. I found the guy to be very rude on the phone so I'm not looking forward to my stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We would normally never stay in a BW, but we didn't have a lot of choices in Cave City. We chose this hotel based on other reviews we saw. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The breakfast was a nice touch too (though not a large selection besides coffee, danishes, toast, and cereal).

Room Tip: They have a decent looking pool and hot tub. They also had a basketball hoop
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We went to visit Mammoth Cave, and found a nice and clean room with Best Western. The place has a heated pool opened until 10pm - the kids loved it! The breakfast was included and food was enough to give you a good start in the morning. The personnel was very nice and helpful, actually I believe people from Kentucky in general are very special, everybody is nice and helpful! Good place to spend your nights while visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave
The Hotel SYNC
The Hotel SYNC
#1 of 35 in Bowling Green

Been to Super 8 Cave City? Share your experiences!