“Nice place to stay, however...hope you don't have any issues”
Review of Super 8 Cave City

Super 8 Cave City
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Cave City
Reviewed 5 July 2014

First, the good stuff, as most reviewers have stated, the rooms are clean (including the bathroom), and even the sheets on the bed. The pool is very nice and is supposed to be open until 10pm, but I saw some people in there as late as 10:30pm. It's nice that they let you swim later. Continental breakfast..just your average fare. But the breakfast room is really small. There are some tables outside, so we ate there.

Now, if you don't have any issues, I think this is the best value in Cave City. However, we had a problem with our toilet, the handle broke. So, around 3pm, I reported it to the front desk expecting it to be fixed in the next several hours. I checked back around 9pm...still not fixed. I asked the woman at the front desk what is taking so long. She said the manager was out of town and did not know when he would be back. She finally called the manager and then told me it would be after 10pm. She said she just found out he was gone when she came onto her shift. She had been working there for 6 months and said this has occurred several times.

Finally around 10:30pm (I had two kids with me I had to keep up till then), the manager stopped by the room and fixed the toilet. He told me he has a maintenance guy that comes in the morning, but if anything breaks after that, he (the manager) fixes it.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. If something is not correct, I expect it to be taken care of in a timely manner.

1  Thank Dave O
ripb, Manager at Super 8 Cave City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. We strive to make all of our guests stay enjoyable. Please contact me at (270) 773-3161, so we can discuss this matter further.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My family and I were visiting attractions in the Bowling Green and Mammoth Cave area. This Best Western was conveniently located for both. We appreciated the cleanliness of the facilities, the free Internet service, and the nice complimentary breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ripb, Manager at Super 8 Cave City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for the positive feedback on our cleanliness, internet and breakfast ! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in the area and hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I booked this hotel after a great deal of debate between this and another hotel in the area. I have to say it has been a pleasant surprise and a wonderful stay.

Check in was quick and easy. The gentleman that checked us in was a bit difficult to understand but very patient when he had to repeat something for us. We got to the room and while it was stuffy (the air wasn't on but that is perfectly understandable) it was very clean. We did a thorough walk through before even bringing anything into the room and were quite impressed. It does have a small pool but we did not end up using it.

The breakfasts were quite good, but the breakfast facilities are VERY small. We ended up standing while we ate due to a lack of tables.

The only complaints I can come up with is there was a cracked outlet cover and the door was sealed almost too well (could be a bit difficult to open but I actually kind of liked the fact...we would definitely hear it if someone were to try to get in while we slept).

I would absolutely recommend this hotel, and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ripb, Manager at Super 8 Cave City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your review of our property. We really appreciate the positive comments and the kind words. Our staff work very hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied with their stay. We look forward to your next visit to the area, and want you to know that we truly value your business.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This motel is clean, has comfortabe large rooms, individual first-floor entrances, and is very convenient to the office and breakfast area. The "continental"breakasat was really much more and very substantial. The help was very friendly and "low key". It is convenient to Mammoth Cave. A very good stay at a modest price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the positive feedback on our spacious and clean rooms! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in the area and hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had planned to stay two nights at this hotel, but decided to cut it to one night so we could begin our long drive home a day early. Even though we checked in very late the desk clerk adjusted my reservation without a problem.

The room was clean. The bedding and towels were white. We were able to park right outside our door, which was very convenient.

The breakfast was the normal Best Western fare. There was plenty there, but the room was very small and tight and the hotel was very full. We didn't realize until later that there was a gazebo outside that had additional seating. We ended up eating our breakfast on the couches in the lobby, which was not a problem.

It was very convenient to park and we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed your clean room, in addition to our breakfast! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future if you're in the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This best western is a 2-star at best. It is conveniently located near the Mammoth cave national park. If you are just looking a place to crash, this is it. Nothing fancy about it. The toilet seat was dirty when we arrived. Their breakfast room is big enough for max 12 people at a time. So, you might not get a place to even stand.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ripb, Manager at Super 8 Cave City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

I'm sorry to hear your stay wasn't pleasurable. Please rest assured we strive to make every guest's stay comfortable and satisfactory at the best rate available for the room they reserved.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very nice hotel with pool and hot tub! Very conveniently located off highway and close to a lot of attractions! If you are looking for a great value without spending a lot then book your hotel at Cavern City's Best Western!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in the area and I hope you'll stay with us again when you're in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cave City
#2 of 4 in Glasgow
The Hotel SYNC
The Hotel SYNC
#1 of 35 in Bowling Green

Been to Super 8 Cave City? Share your experiences!