“nice place”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Cave City
Reviewed 13 June 2011

nice place . it is new so everything was neat and clean. front desk people were nice just stayed overnite.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed 1 May 2011

My wife and I planned a trip with our 4 and 5 year old grandsons and our family pet, Jewel. Jewel is our 8 year old beagle. We booked a room at the Sleep Inn in Cave City KY based on Expedia's pet friendly icon on their website. Upon arrival at 12:30 am, with 2 sleeping children and a sleeping dog, we were informed that the Sleep Inn did NOT allow pets. I asked the night clerk to go to the same website that I used for the booking and she too saw the pet friendly icon. I was told that, since the booking was made through Expedia, I would have to request a refund from Expedia. The clerk was kind enough to dial Expedia's customer service line, where after speaking to 4 different people and 90 minutes later, was promised a refund. We were able to find a hotel nearby that was pet friendly and finally made to a room just after 2:00 am. I would recomend the Sleep Inn just based on the assistance that I received in solving my problem but will NEVER use Expedia again.
The hassle that I received in getting a refund from Expedia was ridiculous and I would never wish that on anyone.

Room Tip: Don't book on Expedia
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2011

This is a really new property in Cave City, which is a little run down town with a few hotels, cheap restaurants and 5 miles to Mammoth Caves. Of course, everyone is here to see the caves, so that's fine. The caves are awesome!!!!!! T he hotel was nice and clean and a decent breakfast buffet. We are a family of 6, so got 2 rooms. I wish they had adjoining rooms, but at least our rooms were next to each other.

The pool is super small -- literally no more than 5 kids could swim in it and since there is nothing to do in Cave City in the evenings, they need to make a bigger pool. The game room was small and stole my kids money, so they were ticked about that.

I'd suggest improving the game room and having DVD's for families at the front desk. I mean, there is NOTHING to do in the town after the cave tours end. So you have many, many families with bored kids.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tripletmomohio
Reviewed 19 April 2011

We just got back from a one night stay at the Sleep Inn and thought it was a nice clean hotel. The indoor pool was very small and we did use a coupon to make this night pretty cheap to stay at.

Mammoth Cave was awesome but there is not much to do for kids during the rest of the stay. We did do the alpine slide which is run by a bunch of shady dudes but it was worth the $5.00 to ride the chair lift and go down the slide.

Pros:
Location to I-65
Clean hotel
Access to indoor pool

Cons:
The pool is very small
Air unit is pretty loud at night.

Room Tip: Use rest area coupons to get a good rate.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cincyred
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We stayed at this hotel after seeing an ad for it in a travel coupon book. We chose it because it had a pool, was in a convenient location, and was affordable. We'd been traveling all day and weren't really expecting much considering the small price we were going to be paying, but boy were we pleasantly surprised! This hotel was new and beautifully decorated. The front desk was so pleasant, helpful, and kind. Our room was spacious and gorgeous (the view maybe not so much) and the large bathroom with walk-in shower was an extra bonus. The pool was small, but still - there was a pool. The breakfast room was large and comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was perfect for us. I can't wait to stay here again on future visits through KY.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hicknik
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights during a visit to the caves and other attractions. We had a room with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa; the room was very spacious, with a lot of room at the foot of the beds, something you don't always get. Everything was new and very clean, which was great. The beds were quite firm, a bit too much for me personally, but others in my family liked them. The hotel was very quiet; we didn't hear any outside noise when in our room. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful but mostly cold: waffles, raisin bran, froot loops, bread and english muffins, donuts and danishes, apples and oranges, instant oatmeal, hard boiled eggs. The breakfast room was clean and well-attended. The pool looked clean (we didn't try it), the kids loved the game room but you had to pay to use the games. Very convenient to the restaurants in the area (although we were not wild about El Mazatlan), and to Mammoth Cave park and the other attractions.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2011

We loved our room. King size bed with hot tub in our room. Super clean. Lovely walk in shower. Very quiet, slept like a baby.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Park Mammoth Resort
#1 of 2 in Park City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!