“Fantastic stay”

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Cave City
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were very pleased with our visit! The room was so nice & had a great contemporary feel. The bathroom had a walk in shower and was clean! Win-win! We also enjoyed the breakfast that was offered. Seriously one of the best continental breakfasts we have ever had! The VERY small pool was the only negative aspect. Highly recommend this hotel for a comfortable & enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very happy to hear you had a fantastic stay at our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful summer!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel during our visit to Mammoth Cave NP. It is nicely located near the NP and offers an over all clean environment. The colors of the hotel are a bit drab and dark - perhaps to mimic that of the mammoth cave. The other other issue for this 3 year old hotel is the carpets - they were installed poorly and are rippling and have not been fixed. The breakfast was good but minimal as far as offerings. The pool was tiny - not worth even a jump in. The internet bandwidth was not enough for the hotel - I got very frustrated! The one thing that got me the most was the fact that there was no toilet seat - and the nice clean towels were stored on a wire rack about 4 feet above the toilet - not a sanitary idea as they could EASILY get knocked off into the toilet or become contaminated by aerosolized micro particles from the toilet during flushing.

Room Tip: third floor is the most quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online review, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very sorry you had problems with the Internet, I will look into that. Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful summer.

Jackson, Ohio
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here while visiting Mammoth Cave. I think this is the nicest hotel close to Mammoth Cave. The hotel is very nicely decorated. We had a king suite. The room was great, The room and entire property was immaculate, Our suite was very large and had a huge flat screen TV fridge microwave and walk in shower, The bathroom was extra large with lots of counter space. There were lots of outlets for laptops and phones. The wireless internet was easy to access. Breakfast was above average with hot foods and fresh fruit, There were lots of tables in the breakfast area, The indoor pool is OK for kids but is rather small. There are several restaurants close. Mammoth Cave is only 5-6 miles. I would highly recommend this property. The front desk called our room within 30 minutes of arrival to make sure our room was OK.

Room Tip: Our room was second floor at the end of the hall. We did not hear any noise or anyone walking in th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CountryGal5759
gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for responding to our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your large king suite and our above average breakfast. Thank you for staying with us, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We only stayed one night, but it was a good stay in spire of being pricy compared to other hotels in this chain. Rooms are clean and spacious. The bed was a bit firm, but not too bad. The bathroom is large and I like that. I'm a germaphobe and I like being able to move around in the bathroom without feeling like I'm going to have an encounter with the toilet. :) I didn't take advantage of the breakfast, but my sons who were traveling with us did. They liked it enough to go twice. My only disappointment is, for a hotel that is only a few years old, there was a lack of electrical outlets to charge phones and iPads. One lamp had an outlet on it, but it didn't work. To find an outlet to use, you have to go behind furniture. All in all, it was a good stay and I will probably stay again. We travel through there at least once a year to a family reunion.

Room Tip: We liked the room with no tub...shower only.
gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your large clean room. Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful summer!

Woodstock, GA
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for the weekend while we visited Mammoth Caves. The hotel was very clean and was very quiet, even though our room was next to the indoor pool. There were 3 of us, including myself, my son, and his friend, both of them 17 years old. The TV was brand new, although channel selection was not what I would call abundant. The complimentary breakfast was standard: cereal, juice, eggs,sausage, pastries, and an overworked waffle maker.
While visiting Mammoth Caves, we rode on a bus to a cave entrance. I overheard 3 couples discussing their motel accomodations. They all sounded terrible, except for the group that left their hotel and went to the Sleep Inn. I recommend this hotel, and based on reviews and that word of mouth I overheard, I am glad I chose to stay here. My only reservation was the cost: over $140 per night plus taxes. Maybe you can get a better deal. Also, FYI, we drove here from Georgia. There was road construction both coming and going, with long delays.

2 Thank MDP1516
gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your nice clean and quiet room. Thank you for staying with us, come back soon. Have a wonderful summer!

Ohio
Reviewed 25 June 2014

On our road trip of Cave heaven. We stayed at Sleep Inn & Suites. It was a very clean hotel. They had a nice breakfast bar. It was around many food stops (kfc, wendy's,pizza hut etc....). It was only 10-15 minutes away from Mammoth Cave and easy to find. The only downsize was the downsized pool, very very small. My brother and son said it was not even worth getting into. So we instead took a walk around- everything is close together. Behind us and up is a small arcade and go karts. Great place to rest.

Room Tip: Even though our room faced the highway the noise was minimal, not much traffic, at least on a Sunday...
1 Thank Kimberlyprr
gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very glad to here you enjoyed your trip to Cave City, KY. I'm also happy to hear that your room was very clean and that you enjoyed our breakfast. Thank you for staying with us and come back again. Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We decided to stay in Mammoth Cave another day and booked last minute. With a AAA rate, the room was $139 plus tax. Seemed a little steep for an average chain hotel, but we did get a room with 2 queen beds and a small couch. It was clean and sufficient. As mentioned by others, the pool is quite small, so we didn't swim. The hotel towels were rough and worn, but no other complaints. The staff were all very friendly (they called shortly after we checked in to ask if the room was acceptable). The breakfast was decent (waffle maker, sausage, eggs, muffins, donuts, cereal, fruit), so that was worth the extra $$$ for the room. The seating in the breakfast area is quite small, too, so you might have trouble finding a seat, but it does clear out.

gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very happy to here our staff was nice and friendly. I'm glad you found our rooms to be nice and clean. The next time your in town come stay with us again. Thank you for staying with us and have a great summer!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cave City
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
#1 of 3 in Horse Cave
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!