“It is what it is....”

Add it.
Nolin Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Clarkson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 April 2013

First of all this is a lake motel, and a very old and dated one at that. I booked this room because I was helping some friends with constructing their cabin at the lake. I really didn't expect much, so that is why I gave it an average rating. Anywhere else I would have rated it Poor. The staff at this motel are very nice and cordial. The restaurant that is attached has the best breakfast I have had in a long time (my own included).
The rooms are in desperate need of some updating. The phone in the room was missing buttons. The heater in the bathroom was so also missing buttons, and since it was obviously very old, I was surprised it worked, but it did. One of the towel racks came completely off the wall when I touched it. We were in room 101 and it was located all the way at the end, which meant we had to get past all the chairs on the walkway to get to the room. Not easy to do while you are carrying in your bag(s). The bed was surprisingly very comfortable and everything was indeed clean. The vertical blinds weren't much on making me feel very private, so we had to be sure we were "decent" if we weren't in the bathroom with the door shut. Wall unit air conditioner was a little noisy, but it was cool enough to just shut it off.
The do have cable and free wifi, but the wifi signal was very weak. The hotel desk is in with the restaurant, and I mean, literally use the same register, same personnel and all. You could tell it was a place that all the locals knew one another.
The view from both the room and the restaurant is very nice as you can overlook the Marina and boat ramp, watching people come and go.
This wouldn't be a bad place if you were coming in for pretty much what we were and just wanted a place to shower and get some rest in between laboring at a camp site or some heavy fishing on the lake. DO NOT expect any luxuries, because there aren't any!!!

Room Tip: Two types of rooms. Either Double beds or one King bed. The lower numbers are furthest from the re...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LAPISME
Management response:Responded 5 April 2017

We have been the new owners since 2015. All rooms have been updated. Grills outside, a fine restuarant and a great staff. Love for you to try us again. Like a lot of small owner operated businesses we do muilti task and I hope you can appreciate that!

John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarkson
The Hatfield Inn
#1 of 1 in Munfordville
Grand Victorian Inn
Grand Victorian Inn
#1 of 1 in Park City

Been to Nolin Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!