“Amazing”

Ramada Resort Cochin
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kumbalam
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Location is very important when you are looking for a 5 star hotel in Kochi.
Many of the 5 star hotels are located near busy roads. If you are looking for the perfect location Ramada Resort is probably your best option. The rooms near the swimming pool ( I think the largest pool in South India) are superb. Wonderful views over the backwaters over Kochi.
Quite and romantic Staff is very friendly - breakfast / buffet diners are great value for money.

Room Tip: All rooms around the swimming pool facing the backwaters are perfect
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Namaskaram !

I thank you for taking your valuable time out to write a wonderful review. I have passed on your compliments to the team.

We hope to see you back at the Ramada Resort !

There are newer reviews for Ramada Resort Cochin

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The space at Ramada is absolutely beautiful and for the most part the staff really were absolutely lovely, especially the team at the restaurant and the hotel drivers. The other guests were quiet and kept to themselves. I enjoyed the spa, and the breakfasts were fantastic and I watched every sunrise and sunset from my balcony. It was spectacular. I had deliberately selected a quiet place far away from the city and for the most part got that. 5 stars on this aspect. We did not find the space worn out as others have said. The space is top notch and very comfortable. However, we there were problems: we bought a package (stay + food + other things) which was completely overpriced for what we got. Next time I would just rent the room and do ala carte on everything else. We were supposed to get a water view but got a tree view and had to request a room change. Room service comes quick (awesome!) but dishes aren't taken away the same day (ug). Biggest problem: The events. We were there 3 nights. One night a wedding kept us awake. Another night, they had an event in the center space which was so loud due to the sound system being used. We had to shout to hear each other in our own room. I had to pass through the center of the party to get to my room, and our tables marked "private for guests" were invaded completely. That evening was absolutely unbearable and very stressful. After our request, we got another room for sleeping in because there was no way we could have slept through the noise. We couldn't even think or talk it was so loud. We paid $250+ per night for stay, and were shocked to have something like this happen. Really it felt completely unprofessional for the hotel to book events right in the middle of the sleeping areas. This experience was a good reminder of what I already knew from years of traveling in this Country: traveling in India can be a challenge. While there are hotel gems, there are more often problems at every hotel. I might stay at this hotel again, I just should have much lower expectations about the experience I might have. Maybe next time I will stay at a less expensive place so I am more willing to tolerate problems. Or I will stay here and take my chances.

Room Tip: Lagoon view is best. You can ask for a lagoon view not near the pool. We liked that the best, it w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChefHaxo

Namaskaram !

I apologise for the late reply.

I truly apologise for the inconvenience you had during your stay with us. We never take a function in the courtyard. This is the first time we had taken the function and this was due to certain unavoidable reason.

Let me assure you , that this is the first and last time we will ever conduct a party in the courtyard.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I went to ramada resort for a night stay with my husband and 6 yr daughter on jan 27 monday.we stayed at room no:106 lake facing cottage.At the same night when i entered into the bathroom i slipped on the tiled bathroom and fell down as a result my left ankle got fractured and my knee got dislocated.the slipper provided in the room was very skidy and there was no anti slip safety mat.the injury was reported to the hotel,the staff were ready to assist us and very co operative especially the cab driver who assist us to the nearby lakeshore hospital.I dont receive any co operation from the hotel manager.the hotel authorities did not refund the amount we paid.I am not satisfied with the attitude of the hotel corporate people.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank teenaanup
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Namaskaram !

We regret for the unfortunate experience you had in the resort. We had assisted you the best possible way in the circumstances.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank Nair J

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Having a good stay is not necessarily just having big rooms and a good view, the courtesy of the hotel staff, the quality of the facilities all matter.
I felt that Ramada thinks their job is done because they are called as a 'luxurious 5 star resort with amazing view'. I dont think so.
Their people and staff could be more courteous and nice to the customers. For the price we pay, this is the least that i expected.
THe wifi could be faster and better and they can provide it free!
Too many small things just destroyed it for me, but probably i had a higher expectation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank shilpa_george4

Namaskaram !

Thank you for taking your time out for writing a review. I regret if your stay has not been as per your expectations. If you could write to me at suresh.kumar@ramadacochin.com and elaborate your experience with the staff, I can take corrective steps.
The WiFi in the resort is free. There is no charge for usage. If you have been charged for the WiFi, I request you to send me the copy of the bill and we will refund the amount.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We had some difficult nailing down the exact location of the Hotel. Our cab driver was given wrong directions, and there was plenty of back and forth, before finding the place. The interiors, looked like they were wearing out, but some sweet talk with the reception, got us a better room.

The pool isn't that Superb (though advertised Longest), and is more of a narrow Long drain, causing people to bump into each other.. The property overlooks the lagoon and has a fantastic view, but then the staff did nothing to repel all the mosquitoes in the area. What more can you expect more of a Lagoon, as a location.

Staff are very friendly, and service is what you can expect for the price. Ideal location for a romantic getaway, provided you bring your own mosquito repellant.

Room Tip: Ask for any room, overlooking the lagoon, and with a chance of catching the sunrise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Namaskaram !

I thank you for writing a review on our resort.

To a large extend we try to curb the mosquito menace by constantly keeping the area clean and fogging in the evening. While these measures have only a few hours effect, we always advice that when you travel anywhere in India to carry your own mosquito repellant.

We do provide the repellant at the front desk albeit at the cost price.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed at Ramada with my husband and 2 year old son. The experience was awesome. Right from the check-in to check-out it was a hurdle free experience. Huge spacious rooms, well equipped bathrooms, beautiful pool, well stacked mini bar, great views, great food, awesome staff. The place was even more beautiful than it is in pictures. Must visit for all who plan to be in Kerala n want to just sit back and relax watching the sun rise right from their bed.........love to be back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Namaskaram !!

We would like to thank you for sparing your valuable time in giving us your feedback. We are glad you had a comfortable stay at our resort and the food & services were up to your satisfaction.Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back at Ramada Resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kumbalam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 211 in Kochi (Cochin)
The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Kochi Marriott Hotel
#1 of 30 in Ernakulam
Trident, Cochin
Trident, Cochin
#15 of 211 in Kochi (Cochin)
Crowne Plaza Kochi
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu
Courtyard by Marriott Kochi Airport

Been to Ramada Resort Cochin? Share your experiences!