“Lovely and relaxing”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kumbalam
Hove, United Kingdom
“Lovely and relaxing”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Myself and my mother stayed here for 11 nights in March. It is a beautiful resort we had a room which overlooked the pool and the backwaters which was lovely. The rooms were clean and modern and the shower was huge! The pool is massive over 105 meters with a Jacuzzi and swim up bar (bar is not always open you can call for assistance which is a shame but they do bring the drink to the pool). Myself and my mum loved how quite a relaxing it was and one day we went out on a speedboat ride of the backwaters which was great! The food was lovely in the main restaurant (Fennel) where we often had breakfast and lunch and a few dinners. We went out into main Fort Cochin for dinner quite alot and there are some amazing restaurants around there! The only real problem we had was the drivers of the hotel, because of the situation of the hotel you have to let them organise a driver and alot of them do not speak good English nor do they know where they are going (even though we checked they did and the reception staff too). Make sure before leaving the hotel to go out that they definitely know where they are going as it can be frustrating when you are lost! Other than that I did love the resort it was beautiful with plenty of greenery and places to relax (a few hammocks to read a book in). The service staff (waiters and cleaners) cant do enough to help which is sweet. This resort is I would say one of the best in Cochin and is worth a visit!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jasmine R
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Jasmine,

Namaskaram !

I apologise for the incident with the driver. I have spoken to the front office manager who is in charge of our drivers and same has been rectified,

Suresh Kumar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Dont miss this place. we stayed here for our last anniversary. Just one word awesome!!! breath taking views great pool grand rooms. they even made it speical on our anniversary by sending us a surprise cake. dont miss to take the speed boat ride. I am dying to go back again. Restaurants are good but they can have more variety specially for the kids.. I loved the mexican food there.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Vidhya R
Dear Ms.Vidya,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I treated myself to a water bungalow upgrade for my 3 night visit, which I am thoroughly glad I did. I had an amazingly relaxing 3 days. I ate some amazing food and spent my days relaxing by the pool and reading on my balcony. The resort was very quiet during my stay so there was no buffet on my first morning however the staff were happy to make me whatever I wanted. My 3 days at the resort were a welcome break. I have genuinely never felt so relaxed after my stay. Thankyou

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Vajmeister

Bangalore
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Having stayed at Ramada Resort in Cochin for two nights, I can confidently say that this has to be one of the best hotels in Kerala. The absolute stand out features of the resort are the unbelievably beautiful pool, the fantastic rooms with a view of the pool with the adjacent backwaters, the ayurveda massage and the delicious food menu at their restaurant.

The pool, probably the best I have seen in Kerala, is an absolute dream. The view from the pool of the stunning backwaters is surreal in the evening.

The room is ultra luxurious and full of very nice details that make you feel wonderful. The bathroom is spacious and well equipped.

The food at the restaurant was fantastic and the fact that it was customized as and when needed to suit individual tastes made it even more special. The friendly and well informed staff made the dining experience perfect!

For anyone looking at spending time in comfort and luxury, Ramada comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 107 (the one I stayed in) is almost perfectly located. The view of the pool and the backwaters...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vijay N
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this review, 17 April 2014

Namaskaram !

Thank you for taking your time out to write a wonderful review ! I will pass on your comments to the staff who will be delighted to read your comments.

The picture we use in our ads , where the pool and the lake looks like merging, was taken from the balcony of the adjacent room in which you have stayed ie., #108.

# 107 and #108 have the best views in the entire resort

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I happen to stay for 3 days at the pool facing cottage.It was an amazing experience. The rooms are aesthetically designed. The pool outside the cottage is just meters away from the Ashtamudi lake and it just adds on calm scenic view.The early morning sun gently graces your balcony while you enjoy the view of fisherman in small boats in the lake doing their job as you sip coffee.The food was just ok.But the entire stay is still very fresh in my memory and Would love to visit again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Dr Kumar L

Namaskaram !

Dear Guest, Namaskaram ! I thank you for taking your time out to write a wonderful review. I have passed on your compliments to the team. We hope to see you back here for a longer stay !

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We loved it here. The staff were wonderful. They treated our 2 children like princesses - they could just not do enough to help us.
The whole place is really luxurious- it's not super cheap but compared to prices at home in England for a comparative hotel we felt like we had a great deal.
On Saturday night they have a food of the world buffet- fantastic.
Would recommend this resort to everyone x

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Dai A

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have stayed here for 3 days and if you must stay a day in Cochin, you have to try this place! the rooms and the garden area are simply amazing. A soft music plays all day and night in the walkthrough areas. this place is just great! you might want to check the images uploaded to believe.

Room Tip: You just won't want to leave the place! nothing better than the Ramada in Cochin!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vikram B

Suresh Kumar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kumbalam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 205 in Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Kochi Marriott Hotel
#1 of 29 in Ernakulam
The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam
Fragrant Nature Kochi
Fragrant Nature Kochi
#1 of 205 in Kochi (Cochin)
Crowne Plaza Kochi
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu
Holiday Inn Cochin
Holiday Inn Cochin
#3 of 29 in Ernakulam

Been to Ramada Resort Cochin? Share your experiences!