“LIARS.....LIARS.....LIARS”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I called and reserved a suite, they told me it had a kitchen and living room I was so excited. Went to check in and they tell me they have no such rooms so I explained what I was told on the phone. They acted as if I was stupid. We went to the room and was horrible. The bed pillows look like they are rags in a pillow case, they do have a sofa bed and the sofa is nasty, the carpets are stained, the bed speads are worn out, the view is a a hill next to the building. The bathroom is clean, maybe we should sleep in there. The pool and hot tub is ok. The gym has two pieces of equipment. I wouldn't recommend this place to a dog.

• Stayed: September 2011
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed 25 August 2011

Have stayed in this hotel before but was disappointed and the lack of cleanliness this time around. Fecal matter on toilet seat, trash, paper wrappers, dust, etc. in the corridors, black spots on carpet. Felt dirty just walking in the room. Probably won't stay here again.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

This place was the worst hotel I have ever stay in by far. We were traveling home from Georgia and decided to bypass the Comfort Suites where we had a reservation because we made better time than we planned. What a mistake! The carpet in the room was old and stained. The walls were peeling and the view was of a kind of dirt wall. However, the worst part was the towels and wash clothes in the room were dirty and dingy. They looked like they had not been washed for a long time. Spoke with the manager the next morning and he only offered a weak apology and said there was nothing he could do. I am writing this in August 2011, although we stayed in June 2010. I didn't plan on ever thinking about that place again but felt compelled after staying in some really nice hotels this year.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I work in the hotel industry and I can positively say, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!!!! When we arrived we entered our room and it had clearly not been cleaned, just straightened. I went down to the front desk and asked to be moved, which they did but that room wasn't much better. The hotel smelled of old cigarettes and the carpets had not been swept!! When I checked out the desk clerk was on the phone and did not even acknowledge me so I finally had to say something to her to get her off the phone... I will never stay at this hotel again!!!!!

Reviewed 13 August 2011

Traveling w/ my husband and two small children. Checked in with two blond female versions of Laurel and Hardy--slapping each other and grumbling about the new computer system--who assigned us a room with a great slab of peeling wallpaper covered in mold, a mildewy couch, and a hairdryer that was coming off the wall. Went down to request another room and the older of the two women (who didn't bother to get off her personal phone call) assigned us another room, which was basically OK. The only thing we had to contend with in the new room was a giant dragonfly that had somehow flown into the 2nd floor room (!).
Room was basically clean, but run-down. Owners seriously need to put some money into some renovations. Big stain on the sofa and a huge unidentifiable stain on the bottom of the curtains. Ew. Definitely will not be coming back.

Reviewed 26 April 2011

This was the 2nd time we stayed at this hotel mainly because we were doing some strenuous hiking and wanted a pool and hot tub. Our first visit was perfect. Good value, very clean etc. The 2nd visit wasn't so great. The hot tub was lukewarm and we told the staff and they assured us they would correct the problem but the next morning the staff's 2 kids were in the hot tub in the morning and when we got in, it was once more lukewarm. The worst thing after that was that when we wanted to take a hot shower in our room afterwards that water was also barely lukewarm. I complained when I checked out and I was given a curt, unfriendly excuse. Other than that our room was very spacious and clean. I booked the room with Expedia but I'm sorry I didn't use a coupon from the Kentucky welcome center since that would have been cheaper.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2011

This hotel is in need of some serious repairs and updating. The beds are saggy, furniture worn, and lots of broken items( i.e. juice machine at breakfast, printer in business center, fireplace in lobby).

The staff is nice and the GM seemed like a noce guy. But the hotel owners need to put some money into the property.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business