“not the best but not the worst”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed at this Comfort Suites while traveling to SC. The room was a bit worn down, the couch was sagging and the breakfast was okay. This area is obviously a popular place to stop while traveling so it was fine for one overnight.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Suites

Reviewed 4 August 2012

When we travel as a family, we often stay at the Comfort Suites which overall meets our needs. However, we were disappointed in this Comfort Suites in Corbin, The rooms were not sound proof, and it was a very disturbing night's sleep. Usually, the suites are larger as there are normally two separate areas in the room, and this room was separated by just a tiny differentiation in the wall. The carpeting and towels were old and worn out, and the breakfast was lacking in that there weren't the usual selection of breakfast foods. I wish I read trip advisor ahead of time before staying the night at this Comfort Suites.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

This has to be the worse comfort suites I have stayed in. The furniture is awful. I took plenty of pictures for management. Blood stains on pull out couch mattress. Couch is dirty. Sheets gross, stained.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Overall a very nice, comfortable place to stay. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful with an easy check-in. Our room was very nicely laid out. I loved having the sleeping area in the middle of the room so that the air conditioner didn’t blow directly on the bed. The sitting area was next to the window, giving more light.

The bathroom had an attractive wallpaper which was appealing (they even wallpapered the wall above the grillwork above the sink) and I deeply appreciated the grab bar in the shower. The bathroom passed my “Clean-Corners-in-the-Bathroom” test but the corners in the rest of the room were dusty.

The breakfast room was neglected and, at 8:45 am they were out of just about everything. Even though there was a hot breakfast of sausage patties and “omelets”, the two or three servings that remained were so dried out they couldn’t be eaten. I don’t drink coffee or hot tea for breakfast and had to go to the exercise room for a glass of water. I don’t understand why they didn’t have a pitcher of ice water in the breakfast room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Our arrival was on 4/30/2012 @ 5:35 p.m. I made arrangements for this room 4 days in advance of our travel. They stress that they are a pet friendly hotel. True, they are. We had our pet with us. When we got there the staff was friendly and quick to check us in. The hotel seemed very nice until we got to our room. As soon as we opened the door we were hit with the smell. It was bad. Old and dirty like wet dog. Th carpet was filthy. The couch had stains all over it and it also smelled. I pulled the drapes open and there was the view of red cliff rock about 20ft from the window. We could only see straight up. We looked down, trench with a big drain. I turned the bed down and the sheets had rips in them. My pet was even discusted. We decided to bite the bullet and keep the room because rooms were getting hard to find. The next morning we went about 20 miles away to Williamsburg Kentucky where we found another place that took pets and was SPOTLESS, smelled good.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room on the back side of the building. You can't see anything but cliff.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We checked in 05/20/2012 @ 6:49 PM. couldn't initially get a receipt for my cash payment, as the "system" was down. I asked twice for a hand written receipt, which I got, and, I had to ask foir it to be put on letterhead.
Now for the room: The couch was broken down on one side, the HVAC unit grill was broken, the wall paper was comming off the wall in the shower area, the beds were less than comfortable and the room had a distinct unpleasant odor.
I brought the damages to managemenmt's attention, and I was informed that I would not be charged for them. (by the way, we also took photos.

The room charges were $85.26 plus a $20.00 pet fee. (not a good value in my opinion)

I will not stay here again, this was a disappointing experience!

Room Tip: You may wish to check with other motels in the area.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stay at Comfort Suites 3-4 nights a week when I travel for work. This hotel is not what I have come to expect from comfort suites. The hotel staff were terrible. The woman at the front desk was on her cell phone every time I was at the front desk and treated me as if I was disturbing her conversation. The room was a mess. It smelled of mold, the floors were stained, the comforter was ripped and extremely wrinkled. I did not receive any of the normal toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, etc) luckily I travel alot and had backups, because i certainly was not going to interrupt the front desk woman again. The sink and bathtub both had hair in them that was from the previous occupant. The "fitness" center was one treadmill that didn't even work properly, there was no way you could actually walk on it safely. I was not even brave enough to attempt to go to the pool, and thankfully I travel with all of my own food, so I did not have to experience the "hot breakfast". I will always make the extra 10 mile trip north to the London, KY comfort suites. They are always clean, the staff is great. I should have just stuck to my usual and gone to London. This hotel does not represent the quality that I normally receive from the Comfort Suites. Out of my two years and over 200 stays at comfort suites, this is the only place I have ever had an issue.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business