“Bad paint job”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a older Comfort Suites, it looked like they were doing some renovations, my room was clean, it had new drapes at the window, but whoever did the painting in the room, did a mess. Paint on the window, carpeting and a/c - heat unit. Management needs to inspect these rooms after reno, I'm 70 and could have done a better pain job.

Room Tip: This motel was near the I-75 freeway, I was tired after 11 hours on the road, I checked in about 4 p...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Right off interstate and close to restaurants. Room was clean and neat with all the modern amenities such as free Wi-Fi,etc. Near truck stop so ask for room on back side. Group of kids staying there so crowded, but not noisy.

Room Tip: Get a room on back side of hotel so not facing traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is right next to a truck stop, if you don't mind that then you may like this hotel. Our first complaint was that the back door to the hotel wasn't locked, normally you would have to use your key to get in, when I questioned the gal at the front desk, she said she had a camera and come watch who was coming and going, but since she was the only one up there I found that hard to believe. The beds slept ok. The hot tub was so hot, you couldn't even get in, the gal at the front desk told us to be careful, it was hot, not sure it wasn't turned down. We did not eat breakfast there.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Checked into the the hotel at 1:30 am, exhausted. Hotel attendant was very helpful and efficient. The rooms were very clean but needed some updating. Basically, some of the baseboards were missing but the hotel was right off the highway, easy to get in and out of.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 30 April 2014

There is a battle going on in Corbin KY. On one side is the aging Comfort Suites building. On the other side is Mr. Patel, owner-manager who is valiantly fighting the decline. Recently he decided to upgrade most of the rooms with new furniture, flat screen TV's and bedding. That was smart.

But he hadn't replaced the carpeting yet and both windows in my room needed new glass.

Penny at the front desk was very good. Each room has a fridge & microwave, a separate nook with a sofa & desk, Breakfast was motel average with a waffle maker.

Overall this is a nice looking hotel if you don't look too closely. If you have a fussy traveler wtih you, don't even get out of the car.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank NeilfromDayton
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stopped here on our way from Florida to Michigan after a spring break trip. My family of five stayed in a suite with two queen beds and a pull out couch. The lobby was clean and the staff friendly and efficient. Our hallway, however, reeked of smoke, despite a sign in the lobby declaring the building to be a smoke free facility. Thankfully the room itself was at the end of the hall and didn't smell too bad. Overall the room was clean and well kept. The pull out sofa bed mattress was very thin and narrow, only wide enough for one person. My 14 year old son slept OK on it, but an adult would probably not find it very comfortable. The kids enjoyed the pool, but the hot tub was no warmer than the pool water, and also only slightly larger than a bathtub. It would fit 2-3 adults comfortably.... if they wanted to soak in lukewarm water. Once we were all climbing in bed for the night, my husband discovered that the AC was not working. At that point we were all in pajamas and didn't feel like relocating or inviting someone into the room to repair it, so we just made do. I made mention of this the next morning and the staff was polite and put in a repair request, but denied any offer of a discount for our inconvenience. Breakfast was decent with a range of hot and cold options. If the building did not smell like smoke and the hot tub and AC were in good working order, I would be able to give this hotel a better review. Since I read other reviews that seem to indicate that maintenance is not a top priority at this location, I'm going to go with a poor-average rating for this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and accomodating. I would give them 5 stars. My problem is with the property, which is not being maintained to the standard that I expect when travelling. The pool area did not have proper working ventilation. It was full of thick vapors. After 15 minutes of being closed in the pool room it began to hurt my lungs to breathe in the vapor air. My eyes and lungs became very irritated from going into the pool area and it made me feel sick. I would not step foot into the pool with my children again. Do yourself a favor and avoid the pool and hot tub, because I went home with red eyes and a sore throat the next day. The room triggered my allergies as well. I am allergic to mold.
I do not know what was in the room, but it irritated my throat so much I had to keep the window open. If you are reading this now and are sensitive to air quality and allergies, etc. you may want to stay somewhere else to avoid coming into contact with irritants that can trigger respiratory problems. It's not worth it to get sick.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family