“negative”

Best Western Corbin Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
“negative”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I found the bathroom to be very small and the toilet appeared to look like one from a grade school. I've had knee surgery and back surgery but never thought of myself as handicapped. It sat very low to the floor and was difficult to stand from.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
I would like to apologize for any issues you may have endured. We sure understand our structural limitations with the bathroom size and appreciate your feed back. Just a friendly reminder that we have certain room types with the raised commode and they are available upon request. As we continue improving our rooms, we are replacing the current toilets with the higher base style.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I certainly hope that you will allow us an opportunity to serve you in the future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Thomas, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have been staying at this hotel for quite some time now. We come to Corbin to visit & use the beautiful Laurel River Lake. We have a boat & we love to boat on this lake. It is about a 3 hour drive from our home to the hotel and then about another 20 minutes to the lake. We come to the lake at least 2 or 3 times a year. So we use the Best Western for our accommodations & it works out great!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

your family has become a part of our family over the years and it is such a great pleasure to see you all each time you visit this area. I am humbled by your kind remarks and I know that my staff also look forward to seeing your family each year.

Thank you so much for being such a high valued guest with our Hotel, and I am counting on serving you with our hospitality for many years to come.
laporte tx
Reviewed 17 August 2014

this is by far the best hotel to stay in the staff went out of there way to help, the breakfast was a hot one and plenty to choose from the bed is real soft and so were the pillows the grounds of the hotel were well taken care of and for the cost I would stay here every time

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am thrilled to hear such wonderful comments from our valued guest such as yourself. Comments such as yours help the staff remain motivated and perform even better each day. I appreciate you taking the time in providing us with your valuable feedback.

I would definitely look forward to seeing you again. I trust that you will provide us an opportunity to serve your family again in the future.
Somerset, England
Reviewed 9 August 2014

What a surprise this hotel is. It is a 2 storey hotel in the style of a motel but looks fresh and clean as you drive in. The reception area is roomy with the breakfast area off to the side. There is no elevator but the stairs aren’t too steep. The room itself was well decorated with 2 armchairs and coffee table and the bed was very comfortable. The basin area of the bathroom had been recently re-done with a granite top and there was a large flat screen TV in the room. The owners’ next project will be updating the bathrooms. The hotel isn’t far from the off ramp of the I75 but we didn’t hear any traffic noise and our room was at the front. There was a reasonable choice for breakfast and the only minus was the hopeless internet speed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
It is our goal to provide excellent service to each of our guest, and it means a lot to hear such great comments from our guest. Thank you for taking the time in providing us with your great comments. My staff and I are motivated by your comments to perform even better and to continue ensure each of our guest experience a satisfactory stay with us.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here one night on way up north then stayed again on way back. The hotel is clean, convenient and the front desk ladies are the best!!! The rooms were clean and the pool was great. I highly recommend staying here. We will when we go back through Corbin.

Room Tip: We stayed in room in front 2 different times and we were not bothered by any noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I am delighted to hear that my staff was able to deliver excellent service for your family. I appreciate your help in taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Please allow us an opportunity to serve you in the future as well.
Latonia, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Room was great, housekeeping was accommodating to our special needs and the bed was awesome. There was some trouble with the internet but the staff was apologetic and tried really hard to fix it. I just used the internet in the main lobby to complete my work. My husband and I also really enjoyed the hot breakfast. I liked that there was fresh fruit rather then just sugary choices.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Victor P, Owner at Best Western Corbin Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Your kind words are much appreciated by my staff and I. The staff works diligently in order to provide a comfortable stay for each of our guest, and to receive such great comments means a lot to us. I also appreciate your comments on our breakfast and the items we offer in order to ensure each guest begins his/her day correctly.

I will look forward to seeing you in the future.
Michigan
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Location is great for I75. The room was fairly clean and updated but already beat up. This was the most expensive dog friendly room available, as there were no rooms left in Florence going north. Seemed pretty clean and breakfast was as expected.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for providing your valuable feed back to us. Your comments will enable us to focus in the areas where more attention is required. We constantly upgrade our facility and take great pride in offering upgraded amenities in order to ensure a comfortable stay for our guests. We also offer a competitive rates in our market, however, since we charge a cleaning fee for the Pet, your total may have seemed high. Please understand that each time a pet checks out of the room, we strip each item from the room to wash before that room is considered clean. Since it is extra work, we charge a minimal fee to our guest.

Please accept my sincere apologies and I certainly hope that you will consider allowing us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.