“Standard Holiday Inn to meet your needs”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We spend a couple of nights to visit Cumberland Falls and Stearns, KY. It is your standard Holiday Inn. Nothing exciting but clean, affordable, and nice staff. It's close to the interstate but the way the hotel is positioned, you do not hear any of the noise. Front desk staff were super nice and the breakfast area is spacious without being piled on top of one another.

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room. Good locations and parking regardless of where your room is.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
corbinkyHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corbin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Tamara,

Thank you so much for the nice review of our hotel! We always want our guests to have a nice experience while staying with us. Hearing our guests comments helps us to improve our services and location to better accommodate everyone's needs. We hope to see you again! Thanks for your stay with us!

Management & Staff

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The beds were comfortable, the staff was courteous, and the breakfast was great. I love those Holiday Inn cinnamon rolls. The only problem we had was that the air conditioner seemed to take a long time to cool our room. The air in the room was stagnant for a short while when we first got there, but it got better. Overall, it was a nice one night stay on to our longer stay in Gatlinburg, TN.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hello Tommycash1982,

Thank you for staying with us! We hope that the upcoming Holiday season is a great one! Thank you for your review on our hotel. We take all our guests comments into consideration when making improvements to the hotel. Our staff does their best to make everyone feel comfortable while with us. We hope that you will come back to see us again!

Management & Staff

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is right off the highway. My room was perfect and all the staff was pleasant. Walking distant to decent restaurants.

No booking problems with a dog like Danny G's comments. Orbitz sucks and likes to make automatic additional withdrawals from your bank without permission. I would blame Orbitz for not giving you the right information, not the Holiday Inn.

ARP

Room Tip: Kids would love the "Pepsi" room. Stayed in it my first time there. This stay in another r...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ARP1369
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean hotel. The only reason I give it a 4 instead of a five is that there are certain things that need updating. The elevators are slow and stuffy. The air conditioner in the room works great, but is old and difficult to get set to the right temperature. The young man at the desk is really helpful and receptive. He was able to provide a list of places that deliver food and was kind enough to make a suggestion as to which his preference was. The bed was comfortable, the pillows were good, and the television was sufficient. Overall, it's what you expect out of a holiday inn express- clean and comfortable, a bit pricey for the location, but not a horrible value. The bathroom was clean and well equipped with new rolls of toilet paper and plenty of towels and bathcloths. As always, they had plenty of soap and shampoo and are geared for the businessman with an iron and ironing board, a desk with a comfortable rolling chair, a chair and ottoman, and plenty of hanger space.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I had booked this hotel weeks in advance for the memorial weekend through Orbitz specifically requesting a pet friendly room. Upon arrival at 2:00AM, we checked in discovered that they weren't, and the dog had to spend the night freezing in the back of the truck. The next day, when her daughter had noticed the dog in the truck, I was confronted by the manager. Geanette was her name, upon asking If there was a way to get the dog in, she said "no, we don't allow dogs, never have. I don't know why they told you we were." and not only did not offer ANY solutions, proceeded to indirectly threaten that there would be consequences if the dog was brought in. I asked if I could just pay the 100.00 "fee" and she said "no, you will be thrown out." When asked if I could leave the dog in his travel kennel in the truck, she said "we don't allow dogs on the property, I can't promise something bad won't happen..."(with the obvious insinuation that she intended to call animal control). When asked about getting a refund on the obviously overpriced holiday rate room for the remaining two nights, she told me "you booked it through an online site, we can't refund those, call Orbitz" Which I did, and Orbitz told me that the hotel management had to refund it, and proceeded to call the hotel WHILE I WAS STANDING THERE and talked to the very same Geanette I did, whereupon she changed her story and said she was not authorized to reverse the charges. When I asked who was, I was told "my manager is pregnant so she's out, and my supervisor is on vacation for the holiday" Again, leaving her in charge, where she neither had nor wanted the authority to make things right. Needless to say, I was NOT pleased at being blackmailed into paying holiday rates for a hotel for a room I couldn't even use. Luckily the Days Inn in London, KY 30 miles north had a pet friendly room they were more than happy to hold for me. As of September 25th, four months later, I still have not received any response from Holiday inn Express corporate whatsoever. PS-Geanette, please tell your daughter that it is very unprofessional to make out with your boyfriend on the couch in the hotel lounge in front of customers, especially while they are on the phone trying to resolve a problem with that very same hotel. Really, how stupid can you be?

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel. Every room here is only average, but management truly stinks, effectively...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Danny G
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

My husband was at this Hotel for 10 days. It seemed to be kept clean. We decides to come come and surprise him over the weekend and our family was welcomed to share his room at no additional cost! The front desk treated us well. We used the front breakfast room, which had a tables, couch and TV during the days I play cards and watch Tv. On that Saturday we watched a football game and had pizza to get out of our room for a few hours. The front staff didn't seem please but they didn't run us out; even when we cheered loudly for a big Alabama touchdown!!!! We are leaving and have been happy with our stay. Thanks!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This young guy working the front desk of this hotel was great. He made the stay better. Can not remember his name but he was great. Tired and had been on the road for 12 hours and it was great to stop in get service from this young front desk person guy that made the trip worth while. Only sleep for 4 hours but the service was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corbin
Hampton Inn Corbin
Red Roof Inn & Suites Corbin
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
#1 of 4 in Williamsburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Corbin? Share your experiences!