“Mid week Business Dinner”
Review of Bouquet Restaurant

Bouquet Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouquet Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 152 Restaurants in Covington
Price range: US$4 - US$27
Cuisines: American, French, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Street
Description: Bouquet Restaurant is an upscale farm-to-table bistro opened in 2007 by Stephen Williams. As one of the first restaurants in the area to embrace local and sustainable farming as a cornerstone of its mission, Bouquet’s menu is constantly evolving to utilize the best products from over fifty farmers and purveyors. In addition to an eclectic and ever-changing offering of small plates, entrees, and desserts, Bouquet has become known for their monthly four-course tastings and extensive bourbon collection. Chef Williams channels his dedication to the community into his work with various local charities and organizations, including collaborations with the Freestore Foodbank, the SIDS Foundation, and the scholarship fund at the Midwest Culinary Institute. He is especially passionate about his leadership role within the local chapter of Chef’s Collaborative, an organization which seeks to inspire symbiotic relationships among chefs, farmers and promoting sustainable practices.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

At the north end of Main Street in Covington. Parking can be an issue so I’ll budget extra time for my next dinner here. The food was terrific and the place is very warm and friendly. Wonderful service. No question I’ll come back with my wife and friends in the future. My business associates from out of town didn’t think you could get food this good in northern Kentucky. City folks...go figure. Great place, helped me make a good impression.

Bouquet519, Owner at Bouquet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thank you very much! We should have the parking garage right next door open by the middle of November.

Chef - Proprietor

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I discovered Bouquet online after scouring all of the Cincinnati Restaurants.. we had been to them all! I expanded my search to across the river into Kentucky and Bouquet popped up. It's situated in a very cute little neighborhood surrounded by bars and other little restaurants, not much parking publicly, but we were able to valet park for $6. The restaurant itself was very cute and cozy. Great looking bar and the tables weren't all packed on top of each other. We got a nice table tucked into the corner window. I got the prosecco on draft and he ordered the smoked old fashion. The prosecco was delicious! The smoked old fashion was, different. My husband ordered it, and as we are both fans of anything whiskey, this was a bit over the top. The viking salt was what I think pushed us both over the top from like to dislike. I was just too salty, I mean he DRANK it, but just wasn't for his taste. He ordered a Jameson after, no worries! For starters we had the warm olives and the fries. I have to say it was refreshing to get mustard with fries.. I have to say, you never get mustard with fries and I liked it! He ordered the pork chop and I ordered the chicken thigh as our mains. The chicken was delicious, everything about the dish was paired perfectly... lavender honey and garlic goat cheese. YUMMMMM. Pork chop was plentiful and good.

Service was great, not too in your face and not at one point did we have to look around to flag someone down. I would go again, but I think I would go for drinks and the charcuterie board.

Thanks for a great dinner and great service.

Also, I am gluten free and I didn't have any issue with anything. The menu was marked accordingly and the kitchen was willing to modify anything to fit my needs. Always nice to not have to worry. ALSO, the entire dessert menu was Gluten Free :)

Bouquet519, Owner at Bouquet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much Margaret!

Chef | Proprietor

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Absolutely fantastic little eatery. It feels like you're eating dinner in someone's home. Subtle décor. Excellent service. Every dish on the menu is great. Especially enjoyed the Brussel sprout appetizer. The menu changes periodically but my wife got the steak while I got the pork chop. Both were delicious.

The only draw back right now is the lack of parking but that's no fault of the restaurant. Should improve significantly once nearby construction is complete in late 2018. In the meantime, plan on using the valet at Lisse steakhouse across the street or walking a few blocks. Uber/Lyft may be the best choice.

Bouquet519, Owner at Bouquet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you so much fro coming in! Believe me, We can's wait for the construction to be over either! The City of Covington does subsidize the valet parking at a cheaper rate. We've been told the parking garage will be open in November. Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

What a nice place, it is small, friendly and prompt service. They have a four hour window on Sunday. We had brunch, the menu is full of options, most things are gluten free unless you see the word bread. Our food was so good, i had the Rabbit Hash, we split the brussel sprouts and grits. She had GF pancakes. Our food was excellent. They also offer some brunch cocktails for 6, i had a unique bloody mary. I'm looking forward to returning for dinner.

Bouquet519, Owner at Bouquet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thanks so much for coming in!

Chef | Proprietor

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

First time in the upstairs area. Didn't miss any of the ambience it was fabulous. Loved the risotto and the meatballs. The charcuterie board was incredible. Next time I may just go for the Mother Board and wine.