“After dinner drinks and live music”
Review of Dee Felice Cafe

Dee Felice Cafe
Ranked #6 of 155 Restaurants in Covington
Price range: US$10 - US$38
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dee's specializes in Cajun and Creole cuisine with steaks, burgers, pastas, salads, sandwiches, appetizers and desserts. Jazz drummer, Dee Felice opened the restaurant in 1984 with his family featuring live jazz. The dress is casual and the atmosphere is fun. Dee's has a full bar and wine list with nightly specials. Located in the heart of the Main Strasse Village with free parking.
Reviewed 28 January 2018

We came for the live jazz music after dinner. Very nice and we recommend. The music was excellent and we had good drinks....beer, cocktails, and bourbon.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a post-dinner drink last night and was reminded of the unique and A+ atmosphere this Covington staple provides. Friendly service, intimate spaces, and that amazing jazz trio on a shelf above the bar. Been a number of years since I've had dinner here (which I recall being very nice)...this experience will get me back for dinner soon.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Had the gumbo, and I must say it was pretty darn good. Would have preferred a roux based, but that's OK. Ordered the burger, and it was quite tasty. We sat at the bar, and service was prompt and friendly. Will try the etouffe next time.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Dee Felice is an unassumingnassuming restraunt in Covington. They have an extensive bar, and tables for about 100. I had the crawfish etouffee. It was really wonderful. Everyone else had a steak with a creamy shrimp sauce. The sauce is AMAZING! I could (and did) sop up the excess with a roll! We shared a peach cobbler and a "snowball". The cobbler was good. The snowball was a chocolate cupcake covered in whipped cream. Thats's just not my thing!

The best part is the music! A group, the Faux Frenchmen, were AWSOME! The played an hour and a half set of great jazz! The fiddle player, and the claranetist really stood out! The play twice a month on Wednesday! Check it out. One of the best bands since NOLA!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Wife and I came here for a Saturday night dinner. My first review of this place was outstanding. Of all the places I have reviewed, and there have been several, this is the number one for me. However, that being said, the last two times we have been here, it has not met the results of the first time. Dee's Filet is awesome, and my favorite entree here. Well done, topped with shrimp and lobster sauce - yum !! But not served hot, only warm. Wife had the regular filet, prepared the same way. But, tonight, everything was a little off. It appears that our food sat in the back for a little while and cooled down before serving. The baked potato had a huge bad spot on the top where it was cut. It was replaced with the steak fries, but they came almost at the end of the steak. Wife's steak was served warm, not hot. And there was a potato side that was not ordered, but appeared on the plate. The atmosphere is very laid back, The jazz is very relaxing. Will I come back - sure. Hint: parking is tough in the Mainstrasse area. You are best to pay the $5 and valet your car from across the street. Considerably less hassle.

Date of visit: September 2017