Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Lafayette, Indiana
“Not the best experience”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Late night front desk lady just stares at you when you walk by which wasn't very welcoming. I asked for a water one afternoon and another lady said I could purchase one if I wanted... as a HHonors member I dont think one bottle of water is too much to ask for. Our door didnt always latch on our room. The worst part was the breakfast; when we went down everything was out (coffee, eggs, no sausage, pancakes), and juice was all of the floor. The omelet cook filled the pan with oil, dumped all the ingredients in and then dumped it on the plate without letting it cook (worst omelet I have ever had). We try to always stay at Embassy suites/ Hilton's and this was not what is expected from an Embassy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chad S
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for our breakfast experience not fully meeting your expectations. We look for reviews such as yours to provide insight and we are taking your comments on our selection and service into consideration as we work to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. The next time you are in the area, we would love for you to stay with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Very nice location right on the river. The evening reception adds great value to the stay. I was here for a business conference of about 35 people and the hotel staff were wonderful. Great experience from the food to drinks to staff.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed there for a convention (which I did last year as well for the same convention.) Here's the very good: made to order omelets in the morning are quite tasty (I avoided the rest of the buffet style breakfast offerings) but they need to replace their coffee vendor. The good: very spacious room and internet was included in our package at a decent rate. The average: bathroom was clean but cheap, with the kind of shower/tub you find in a motel. The free happy hour cocktails are a nice touch, but the drinks are of a quality you enjoy because you're not paying extra for them. Had I paid, I'd have been irritated. The location is just over the suspension bridge from Cincinnati, not a bad walk and a short cab ride. Perfectly acceptable place to stay if you're in town.

Room Tip: Ask not to have a parking lot view, which I got. The views over the river of Cincinnati ballparks a...
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stay at the Marriotnext door. I am a Hilton Honors member and I usually stay in a Hilton line hotel if possible. I have never stayed in a smellier, dirty room in a Hilton line ever before. We were late getting into town and were put in a handicapped accessible room. The minute we walked into the room, the smell of musty mold overwhemed us. We were extremely tired and I figured once we got in and turned on the air conditioner, the smell would clear some. The thermostat was not adjustable and the shower had a drain, but the floor of the bathroom did not. When we showered, the water just pooled in the middle of the bathroom floor, which I am sure the smell came from wet carpet in the past. When I requested a new room, we were told the hotel was full and they couldn't move us. Maintenance showed me how I had to find the "sweet spot" on the thermostat. The smell improved a little, but never went away. My clothes smelled musty when I unpacked. Cleaning staff never wiped anything down nor vacuumed while were there. Extremey disappointed in staff and hotel condition, although the maintence guy was helpful, but couldn't help much with the musty smell.

Room Tip: No to accesible rooms!! Even the maintenance guy said they know they have problems with these rooms...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cheryl P
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this review, 22 October 2013
I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that when you first arrived to our hotel you found a musty smell in your former suite. I can assure you that this is this is not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain and sincerely apologize for this. Your feedback is very much appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me directly at gm@embassyrc.com. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a convention and found it to be very clean and hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. The views were spectacular!!! The Bengals Stadium and Reds Stadiums were right across the river. The extra sitting room was also very nice to have. The breakfast was also great.....bacon, eggs, sausage, pancakes, toast, muffins, cereal.......made to order omelets.....I traveled with 4 women and we all loved this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view and if traveling with a group ask for adjoining rooms. This was very convenien...
New Jersey
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Great location, great view just over the river from Cincinnati. Safe, staff is nice and helpful. Breakfast included in your stay which is nice, but the hotel is dated! From the lobby to the rooms, needs an update. The beds are comfortable though but the door locks are old and tough to unlock with key, carpets and furniture are just old compared to what other hotels are offering today. To keep your business clientele, a renovation is due.

• Stayed October 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I'm very picky about hotels and I found almost nothing to be picky about here. The room was spacious and spotless. I didn't think it smelled musty at all as some reviewers have mentioned. The bedding was comfy and fresh! So nice to have a room in addition to bedroom, especially when staying for more than one night. The room was quiet, even on a weekend. This is a GREAT location with gorgeous views of the river. I just put a request for a river view room in the notes section and we got it. It's only a few minutes walk to the suspension bridge, which you can walk over right to The Banks in Cincinnati. Close to Mainstrasse in Covington and convenient drive to Newport. The cooked to order omelets at breakfast were great, but there was nothing special about the rest of the breakfast. A few of the items on the buffet were not replenished quickly during the peak time. The breakfast was my only reason for not giving 5 stars. There are a couple of other cafes, restaurants, etc. attached to hotel, but it's well worth the short trip to Mainstrasse for breakfast or anything else.

Room Tip: Ask for river view!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Address: 10 E Rivercenter Blvd, Covington, KY 41011-1508
Region: United States > Kentucky > Covington
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) 3.5*
Downtown Cincinnati area's only Hilton branded all suite, full service hotel. Awarded "best room with a view" of downtown Cincinnati and Ohio Riverfront. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati