“Somewhat disappointing this time”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 2 August 2008

Unfortunately, 3rd time wasn't the charm on my last stay. First my bathroom wasn't very clean (there was lots of hair in my bath and on the bath wall (which makes me believe it wasn't cleaned!), on the vanity, as well as on the floor of the bathroom!

Also, some food was left from the previous people in the mini-fridge. Also there was no synthetic pillows and I didn't notice until 5 am when I had problems breathing (to be honest, feathers allergy is brand new and didn't think to check).

They were accomodating on the second day as they brought synthetic pillows. When I spoke to the manager about everything they told me they would clean and give me extra points... Those points NEVER materialized on my HHonors card.

So, this time, I give it a 3... the 2 first time it was honestly a 5. I do not know what happened, but they need to clean up their act. I will book again as I like the location and hopefully this was a 'fluke'.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)

Reviewed 29 July 2008

I stay at Embassy's everywhere I go on vacation so going for work is no exception. This one definately lives up to the Embassy "brand", in my mind.

The room was very spacious & clean with comfy furniture and flat screen tv's. We had a semi-riverview room which was okay. I did see the view out of full-riverview room and I highly recommend asking for one of those! Gorgeous!

A few negatory things that took place: when we went to get into our room from checking in, our keys didn't work so we had to go all the way back down with our luggage only to be told to go back up and the maintenance guy would meet us there, which he did. The keys still didn't work so he had to leave and come back with new keys but he brought a free movie voucher with him so that made it better.

Then, I quickly washed my hair in the tub and found that the water wouldn't drain down so I called maintenance who had to come back up and clear it out. It was majorly clogged up!

In the morning, I made coffee only to find out that there wasn't any cream or sugar so that pot got wasted. Then we went down to the complimentary breakfast. The only food out was cold cereal boxes & muffins, no eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes... anything. Luckily the guy was over there making omelets so we had that. About 15 mins after we came down, and with a lot of people backing up waiting for food, the rest of the normal breakfast food came out. But, the food was delicious!

parking is quite expensive: $22 for valet & $10 for self parking next door.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2008

The view of the river is just beautiful from the little bar located on the main floor of the building. Even the lobby of this place is nice (waterfall inside). The room was quite comfy and spacious. I stayed here with a co-worker on a business trip and we never felt cramped. Check-in was quick. Breakfast was quite filling - eggs, meat, cereal, very good hot coffee, etc. Every one of the staff members we interacted with was friendly and helpful. Valet was quick and efficient and very helpful as well (directions). I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2008

Contrary to some of the reviews for this hotel, (which I read after I booked) I found our weekend stay at Embassy Suites just about perfect. The rooms were clean, and newly renovated. The bed and bedding were extremely comfortable. The complimentary breakfast offered a great variety of choices and a view of the river. The staff was courteous and knowledgeable of the area. Loved the location. It is right on the river, directly across from the Great American Ballpark, the Freedom Center, and Bengals Stadium. A very friendly doorman gave us directions to Newport on the Levee on foot. It is a pleasant 25 minute walk. We walked over there twice, once to spend a liesurly morning hanging out at Barnes & Noble and enjoying a river view in the Starbucks located inside and the other to take in a movie and lunch. We also dined at the Fish Market and Brio at the Levee. Both were excellent. We took in Fountain Square downtown and Eden Park. The park is sprawling, beautifully landscaped, and includes the Krohn Conservatory, which is free unless you want to see the butterfly exhibit. There are walkways throughout the park that lead to Mirror Lake. The only negative, if you can call it that, to our stay is that our toilet was not flushing properly. One call to the front desk on our way out and it was fixed when we returned. If you stay at Embassy, plan to spend $25.00 per night for valet parking or $10.00 for self park with in and out privileges.
A First Watch restaurant is located two doors down. I highly recommend this hotel for the location, level of comfort and service!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TazsGirl
Reviewed 24 January 2008

I would concur with some of the other more negative reviews of this Embassy Suites Hotel in Covington, KY. I stayed at this property for the Tall Stacks riverboat celebration in October 2006 and at this time I thought this establishment was definitely in need of some upgrades and remodeling. Reading some of the more recent reviews, I am shocked that Emabassy Suites is now only planning room renovations. In fairness, I do have to say that the executive suite I stayed in was quite large, but the decor was dated and somewhat garish-I was surprised. I do think this hotel has a very good restaurant. Although service was somewhat slow, the river views were very impressive with a spectacular view of the nearby Cincinnati skyline. The complementary cooked to order breakfast was quite good with expansive breakfast offerings. I should mention that parking in this hotel is terrible-you have to park in a garage and pay for parking which I think is pretty outrageous. The parking garage is horribly designed and access to the hotel is confusing. It's almost like Embassy Suites would much rather you pay for the valet. Overall, not a tremendously bad experience. I would describe this facilty as just nondescript. Rates are average.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank jamesway
Reviewed 10 January 2008

My co-worker and I are currently staying at this hotel as I write this review.... while I write this, he is online on his computer finding another place to stay. we travel the country on business together and always choose the hilton or the embassy suites... this experience will change our minds forever. we arrived to an outdated room, but to their defense, they are planning a renovation soon. the room seemed fine at first.....

We went down to the bar got a drink and then went to the pool and jacuzzi area, as we were looking forward to relaxing before business the next day. The pool was cold and the jacuzzi was colder filled with cigarretes and empty beer cups.

We went back to the room to find that our internet access did not work, and the shower never got water warmer than barely luke warm. the front desk seemed to not care saying only that we have let maintenence know, and they should fix it before morning.... guess what it never happened.

I asked if they could move us to a different room, and they said that they had only three rooms available for tomorrow AM (it was midnight when I asked) and that they had five seperate guest checking in for those rooms. if three did not show up they could let is use a different room. I said, well if the rooms are empty now. let us move into one, clean this one and offer it to another poor sole showing up tomorrow. She said, now that wouldnt be fair would it! Not fair???? your over booked and your current guests are not receiving the amentaties promised..... oh well.... never again....

• Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank jamesnla
Reviewed 26 December 2007

Stayed here twice last week, because it is a pet friendly hotel. I was disappointed to learn upon arrival about a $25 pet fee, it wasn't until I got home and looked very hard to find it on the website that I located it. Additionally, it's nearly impossible to find a convenient location to walk your pet. Both rooms I stayed in were, to my standards, were dirty, the first was worse than the latter. Hair in both bathrooms, and I had to scrub the tub on the first room before I would use it.

The desk staff was lackluster, and not welcoming at all. The kitchen staff and bar staff were wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcatwag
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)

Address: 10 E Rivercenter Blvd, Covington, KY 41011-1508
Region: United States > Kentucky > Covington
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Price Range: £121 - £214 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) 3.5*
Downtown Cincinnati area's only Hilton branded all suite, full service hotel. Awarded "best room with a view" of downtown Cincinnati and Ohio Riverfront. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati