“Excellent Place to stay For Reds Games”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Enjoyed our stay and everything was excellent. We enjoyed a quick drink at the hotel bar, off to the game and breakfast was very good. The room was excellent and well prepared, the staff took care of all our needs and we will stay again in the near furure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during Spring Break and absolutely loved it! Breakfast was plentiful and if you could get a seat with a river view all the better, though the kids enjoyed eating next to the macaw who crawled over it's cage to visit us one morning. The evening reception was delightful - 2 hours of open bar, lemonade for the kids and small appetizers, just what we all needed after long days walking the local attractions. Our room was very clean and well appointed - we had a suite with 2 queen size beds and a pull-out sofa in the spacious sitting room. The hotel is just across the bridge from both stadiums in Cincinnati and the murals along the retaining wall under the hotel were so fun to see. The pool is small but our kids still enjoyed it one evening.I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a river view - even if you are on the side you can still see the river and city lights, pret...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We try to stay at this hotel for special occasions and always enjoy the overall experience. The evening receptions is always fun and the breakfast is always a reason to get up. There is easy cheap transportation options to areas all over Northern KY and Southern Ohio.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for your positive remarks concerning your recent stay at the Embassy Suites RiverCenter in Covington KY! We are glad to have served you and look forward to doing so again in the future!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have stayed at many hotels in the area directly around this Embassy Suites location. We found it to be clean, staff to be helpful, parking and accessibility was good. We enjoyed the parrot in the lobby and the free evening reception with snack and beverages.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The staff was all friendly. This is a great hotel for either business or family travel. I love the parrot in the lobby and the complementary reception is a plus. I requested a room on the river and had a phenomenal view.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

If you want easy access, safety, and good service, keep driving! I was nearly mugged in the parking garage, kept waiting over 30 minutes for a bellman, and couldn't even get the front desk to answer the phone. I won't stay here again if I can help it!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the situation you've described. The safety of our guests is a top priority and we regret you felt in any way unsafe. The hotel is located in a downtown setting and sits on top of a city owned and managed parking facility. I'd like to assure you that in my 6 years of being here, I have never experienced a safety incident. The garage has numerous cameras and visable security guards which serves as a reminder that this is a safe location. I also appreciate your comments concerning the valet staff. Be assured that I will personally share your comments with the management that oversees the area for immediate improvement action. Again, we very much appreciate you sharing your comments and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed here for four nights recently, as my husband attended a conference for work. I'm glad his employer paid for the room because I would've been upset had we paid that much and gotten so little in return. The room itself was fine. We thought it was spacious and clean. Toiletries provided, along with hair dryer, iron/ironing board, extra blanket in closet. Pretty much the standard stuff. However, the tv remotes don't work well (very aggravating), and the windows stayed dirty for our entire stay. I mention this only because we requested a river view room, so the view was important to us. Dirty windows made it a bit less enjoyable. They charge extra for river view rooms, so they should keep the windows clean. The view is quite lovely, particularly at night, and we enjoyed watching river traffic during the day, even through the smudges and dirt.
We were on a "premiere" floor which entitled us to free snacks and drinks from vending machines on that floor, a fact we were not told at check in. We discovered this while reading a sign near the elevators, so we asked about it at the front desk. They gave us a code to put in the vending machine, but it didn't work. Went back to desk the next day, got a new code, it didn't work either. Machine didn't work the entire time we were there. Would've liked to have had thosefree snacks!
The first day we were there, we returned at 6pm after being out all day to find that our room had not been serviced. Called front desk to say we were going to dinner, so could someone be sure to service room while we were out. Returned at 8pm, still no service. Called front desk again and asked if someone could please just bring us some towels. We did receive them.
Speaking of the front desk, this is the area they need to work on the most. The folks who work the desk never act happy to see you, never seem glad you are a guest at their hotel. I was stunned at the lack of friendliness. They need some serious staff development in this area! They don't seem happy to be working there, and they act like you're bothering them if you walk up to ask a question. Just awful.
The friendliest people we encountered were the parking attendants and the food service workers.
Just a note if you plan to use the hot tub. It's way too hot! I was concerned that someone would actually be scalded. My husband likes hot tubs that are very hot, and even he couldn't stay in this one. I asked if someone could check the temperature, because there were several children in the pool area. No one ever came in and looked at anything in the three hours I was there.
I suggest trying to get a corner room. They are less noisy. Embassy Suites has a huge interior atrium, and all rooms open to this atrium. Anyone downstairs at the bar, at breakfast, or just chatting-- you're going to hear them if you're on a lower level room, especially. Try for a higher floor in the corner. Much less noise.
If you're going to a baseball or football game in Cincinnati, this actually is a very good location if you want to put up with all the other stuff. You can easily walk to the games. There are several restaurants within walking distance, or you can walk about 20-25 min to Newport on the Levee (or take the $1 shuttle) where there are lots of entertainment and dining options. The free breakfast is very average, but could be a good thing for families. The evening reception is nice. They actually offer free alcohol-- wine, beer, cocktails-- from 5:30 to 7:30 each evening.
I guess it just depends on what's important to you. For me, I want good service, and I did not get that from this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including areas for improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted. I have taken your comments to our housekeeping and front desk teams to ensure in the future we do a better job of providing guests with the best service at all times. I will also be notifying our maintenance team of the issue you've mentioned with the hot tub as the health and safety of our guests is a top priority. Regarding the Premium Room Floor- I have researched your comments and reviewed your reservation. While this amenity is less than 2 weeks new to our property, our staff needs to obviously become better versed in how we explain the program. We noticed that you and your husband were attendees of the WAVV Conference and thought you would enjoy the complimentary waters and Kurig Coffee maker located in every suite on that floor. The access to the snack and refreshment center, upgraded coffee maker, WiFi access and waters that the floor provides usually come at a $20.00 upchange. Based on your comments, I have re-educated our Front Office staff on how to properly explain our Premium Floor amenities. I am sorry for the confusion. Again, we very much appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you and your husband again in the future!