Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our stay was surprisingly accentuated by the very courteous staff that went above and beyond to make it even more pleasant. They were so helpful and just an upbeat, friendly staff in every area of the facility. The showers were awesome! The breakfast was awesome! We would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thanks for your review and kind words! The staff knows that you had a choice in where you stay and we are very grateful you selected our hotel. Keep us in mind in the future, we'd love to serve you again sometime soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was a girls weekend away. I had stayed at the hotel before and very much enjoyed it and that is why I picked this hotel. This time the visit was a little lacking. The made to order omelet was very good, however the other food items (bacon, potatoes) where cold. The pull out bed was horrible. It is a very convenient location with the trolley stopping out front. For $1 you can get to Reds Stadium, Fountain Square, River Boat Row or Main Strauss Village. Next time I will compare the pricing with other local hotels..

Room Tip: The room was good and clean. The pull out bed was horrible. One night I just slept on the couch wit...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for your positive comments! I'm happy to hear that you and the girls enjoyed the Northern Kentucky area and the hotel. You will be happy to learn that we have recently ordered a large quantity of replacement sofa bed mattresses as a result of comments such as yours. Again, thank you for your comments. We value having you as our guest and welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We enjoyed staying at the Embassy Suites. We got in late, and had to leave early. Our time there was very short. I was travelling with my son (19) and daughter (12). The room was what you expect from Embassy Suites. Plenty of living space and a nice sized bedroom. The bed was very comfortable. I slept great. I am not sure how old the hotel is, but it is started to show signs of age. The furnishings in the room were a little worn. The ice maker on my floor was not in service, so I had to go up a level to get ice. The bathroom had no shampoo, but two conditioners. Inconvenient, but the maid service brought us shampoo very quickly when I called.

Negatives - There was a fee to park in the garage. The fee goes to the city, not the hotel. The hotel did not provide any parking that I could find. The hotel offered to put the parking fee on the hotel bill to make it easier.

They charge a fee to connect to the internet. I don't like being nickel and dimed. I expect the internet to be provided as a free convenience when I stay at a hotel.

Positives - We all enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast with a great view of the river. Eggs, bacon and sausage are a great way to start the day!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate you sharing your experience and are happy that you and your family enjoyed your brief stay! I have noted your comments concerning the need to pay extra for parking and the cost of the Internet service. The parking garage you used is actually owned by the city of Covington. The hotel offers the convenience of the parking garage but does charge a nominal daily fee which allows you unlimited in and out privileges each day. The hotel also maintains a high speed fiber optic Internet circuit which has 2 levels of connectivity available at a cost. Internet service is however offered at no charge in both our business center and in the main lobby area. I know you had a choice in where you stayed and we are grateful you selected out hotel. Enjoy your summer and please consider us again in the future!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great spot with river view on the KY side of Cincinnati. Ample included breakfast and a simple but effective Manager's Reception (snacks and drinks) in the evening. The rooms are clean and spacious. There are a few local restaurants and bars within walking distance and it looked like there was a trolly too (didn't take it though). The bridge to Cincinnati and the baseball and football stadiums is right next to hotel and there appeared to be a pedestrian lane for those wanting to take that hike. The only draw back for me was the cumbersome self parking ... poorly planned and implemented that involved several levels and elevators just to get to main hotel lobby. Not a deal breaker though and I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for river view ... no brainer!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

We appreciate your positive comments concerning your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Cincinnati RiverCenter! I'm glad that both the hotel and the Northern Kentucky area were ideal locations for you and your guests. Remember our area when planning your next vacation or overnight trip as we have so much to do and see! We'd love to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Property is pretty dated and the bathrooms need updating. When you enter you room you are hit with the smell of bleach, and without any way to open windows, you have to wait for it to dissipate. What makes Embassy good overall though is the breakfast, which, as a business traveler, is both economic and a time saver. Nice staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts concerning your recent visit. Each and every review is shared with our management team as many of the best suggestions come from you, our guest! Your comments concerning the upgrading of our suite bathrooms will be taken into account as we are planning to refresh our product in the near future. We appreciate your comments and welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for my birthday. From the time we arrived the valet attendants. front desk, cleaning staff, servers for the food and bar attendants had exceptional customer service. The hotel was very clean, it had a great location and the suites were spacious. We had a great time! We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you VERY much for your positive concerning your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Cincinnati RiverCenter! The staff recognizes that you had many hotel options and we are happy you selected THIS Embassy Suites hotel! Enjoy your summer, come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently went to the Embassy suite in Covington for a 20th anniversary weekend getaways I booked a romance package when I arrived I was very pleased at the overall look of the hotel to begin with but to my surprise I had been upgraded( at no additional charge) to the presidential suit which is AMAZING and the service's of the staff and just the care put into making sure we were comfortable and pleased in all facets of the stay also the manager's. Complementary happy hour was very nice as well the breakfast &room service was speedy the view of the water and city was breathtaking very clean room and would definitely make it a must stay again see for your self my hats off to the manager and the staff JOB WELL DONE !!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for the positive comments you made concerning your recent romantic getaway weekend stay at the Embassy Suites Cincinnati RiverCenter! Keep us in mind in the future, enjoy your summer, and come back and see us again soon!