“Better than expected”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We typically stay downtown Cincinnati but it was a nice change to stay here. After reading some of the reviews I was not sure what to expect. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The parking is free so that was a plus compared to being downtown. We were not on the side directly by the freeway but could see the freeway from one side. I did not notice any freeway noise at all with the patio door closed.

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised. The view from the 15th floor was great. We had a view of the river and downtown Cincinnati where we could see fireworks. I thought the room was adequately decorated and did not think it was that dated. We have stayed at every major downtown Cincinnati hotel and I would stay this was better than a couple of them from a room standpoint.

The only thing that keeps me from giving them 5 stars is the location. That is somewhat unfair since that can't be changed. We typically stay downtown where we can walk to games and restaurants. You can't really do that here although it's a short drive to most things including all the dining and entertainment in Newport.

Room Tip: Try to get a upper floor room with a river view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
Indiana
Reviewed 10 July 2014

While at this hotel we were able to watch fireworks displays from across the river at the ballfield and other surrounding locations. I saw at least 5 at the same time and this was after the 4th!! It was great viewing from the French balcony facing the river! The staff was very nice and accommodated our room choice, it was clean and comfortable, although for the price needs some updating and renewing of furniture..This was the only thing I found disappointing in the choice to stay there was the age of the room, even though newly re decorated in color scheme, it needed some fixes to the furniture and the fridge which was barely cold yet frosted over..( Maybe a good defrosting would do the trick!) But overall, it was clean and comfortable and I certainly enjoyed the balcony and friendly staff. While there we ate breakfast at Kellys on site, it was average and a bit pricey. I would probably stay there again, but for the price, hopefully they will have replaced the fixtures by that time. It is conveniently located and easy on and off 71, so it does have its advantages.

Room Tip: Ask for Riverfront, its nice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is kind of your run of the mill mid-price hotel. There were a few cosmetic flaws (rips in wallpaper, etc) but our room was clean and comforatble. We had a lovely view of Downtown CIncinnati and the Covington/Newport area. It's not far to travel to Newport or Cincinnati from the hotel, which was nice and it is within walking distance of Mainstrasse Village. We ate a great dinner at the 360 restaraunt upstairs and had brunch buffet in the pub the following morning. Both meals were delicious and you got a decent amount for the money.

We had no issue with noise from the highway even though interstate 75 was right outside our windows.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sturgis, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here on June 18 and 19. Hotel was clean and comfortable. They have sleep number beds. The entire staff was excellent and very helpful. They gave us directions and information to wherever we wanted to go. Hotel has complimentary shuttle to within 5 miles of hotel. Only downside was the traffic on the freeway. It never lets up. But we had a room on the side so we were not directly facing it so it didn't bother us. Room also had a great view of Covington and Cincinnati across the river. If you stay here try to get a room on the side away from the freeway. Hotel is in a nice area close to lots of attractions. Be sure to check out the Newport Aquarium and Newport on the Levee. They are right next to each other. Can also catch trolley into Cincinnati and to the aquarium and levee. Just costs a dollar. Also there are a lot of fast food restaurants within walking distance. Be sure to check out Monkey Brew coffee shop. About 2 blocks away. Great stay. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dahlonega, Georgia
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

It is an old hotel, so as many reviews have said, everything is dated. They did have a large flat screen tv in the room, but the furniture was fairly old and somewhat beat up. Our room was on the 15th floor, which afforded a good view of the river and the Cincinnati skyline. It was almost parallel to I-75/I 71, but as long as the balcony door was closed, traffic noise was not a problem. Did not see any bugs, which is a plus for any hotel! They are starting renovations at this time, but I do not know what the timeline on completion is.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SHEFFIELD LAKE
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We got it on Hotel Tonight so we got a good price. After reading other reviews first I couldn't understand how it could be that noisy. Well, I discovered it really could be. We were on the 17th floor & the door was completely closed and not only could you hear the traffic I think you could feel it. It's located right at the start (or end) of the bridge and I 'm thinking the noise is due to that. Didn't have a great view but it was ok.
Carpet was old and stained but clean. Toilet paper holder was falling out of the wall. Beds were comfy and room was clean. If you need gas there are two Speedways right at the bottom. Still haven't figured out why there was two right next to each other.
EVERYONE was so nice and polite. We had a great stay. Thanks!!!

Room Tip: Riverside rooms probably are quieter. Don't pay a lot for the rooms. Pool isn't as nice as i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 25 June 2014

When I realized this hotel is in Kentucky, rather than Ohio, I thought I'd made a mistake. Then I realized it was just over the river. It was a little difficult navigating the freeways, but once arrived and in my room ~ ah! Check in was a breeze, parking was free, and my room was quite spacious and had a balcony with a wonderful, 180 of the city and Ohio River. Just beautiful. The room was very clean and comfy. I would definitely stay here again. It's in a great location to explore both Cincinnati and Newport in KY.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bubbysmom77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront? Share your experiences!