“bottom of the barrel in the Hampton chain” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area)

Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area)
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Covington
frisco, United States
“bottom of the barrel in the Hampton chain”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

the rooms smell old and musty. the a/c temp was hot then cold without changing the thermostat. the walls were all marketed / scuffed up. there was a layer of dust on the top of tv, mirror, chest, there was nasty stickyness on the table next to the bed! the breakfast area - there was a hair in the spoon bucket.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank CR J
Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to speak to me regarding your stay with us. We did not come through for you as a guest of our hotel and I apologize for your experience. I have taken care of your charges and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Pros:
- The staff and service at this hotel are excellent. Friendly!

- Free wireless works fine. At times you have to resign on.

- The continental breakfast is THE BEST I've ever had.

- Rooms are clean, (we tip our housekeepers)

- Safe location. Forget the fact that you're next to a couple of liquor stores... We felt way safer in Covington at night than we did in Cincy during the day!

Cons, only one:

- Traffic noise. That's it. Theres a lot of it if you're sleeping street side. If we return, we will get a river facing room.

We also had some noisy couples partying past 1am on the 5th floor. That's ok... Being the early riser that I am, I made sure to SLAM the living hell out of my hotel door while heading out and returning from breakfast. I'm sure that helped the hangovers in the adjacent rooms.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for the excellent review from your stay with us! I am very happy & thankful to hear great comments on my team :) I apologize some late night guest were not quiet or courteous at all when returning to the hotel at night. I hope to see you again the future.
Tiffin, Ohio, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Nice hotel with a fine breakfast. It served our purposes in attending a Reds game. Other than that, I have nothing else to say at this time. 200 characters is quite a bit for a minimum response if you have nothing else to state in a review.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for great review! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay while in town to catch a game, and hope to see you again in the future!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

First off the location is right next to two liquor stores. Don't let this stop you from staying here. It is very close to the I-71/75 bridge that takes you into Ohio. Don't let this stop you from staying here. I have stayed two times recently here while doing business in Cincinnati and I have found this to be one of the best places to stay. Overall the area is not the best KY taxes are better than OH taxes and this makes Covington a better choice. I have stayed in Georgetown (too far), Florence(30 Min am drive into Cinci), Blue Ash (bad traffic in the am) and even other places in Covington. This place has easy access the interstate and will get you into Cinci in 5 mins. The rooms are clean and neat. The staff is polite and helpful. I did notice that it could use some improvements like paint and such. But, overall for the area Cincinnati in general its above the average. I have stayed in many palaces and I would recommend this location. It did not seem to matter if I stayed on the Interstate side or not it was quite. I did stay one Sunday night and after the Bengals game the very rude people coming back from the game were loud and slammed several doors on my floor and the floor above, but I did not hear stomping or other room noise like TV's. The comforter is kind of weird but I got past that real fast. The breakfast has had variety each morning and was always fresh and good. The tables in the breakfast area are strange. Parking is a bit tough late in the evening but it seemed safe enough. Overall I give this place a good rating. Clean, Neat and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the very nice review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to have easy access to and from Cincinnati. I apologize some of the football fans came back making too much noise. I hope you do stay again and would like to meet you too :)
ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed at the Hampton for the football game in across the bridge. Great location.The room was very clean, bathroom clean,overall just great. The breakfast in the morning was very good and the staff was terrific. Will for sure be returning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank OntarioLeeney
Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thank you for the awesome review on our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I truly appreciate the kind comments on our staff too :)
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Went there for a Packers/Bengals game. The locations is amazing to get into Cincinnati & was great for things to do in Kentucky. Would stay again. The staff & hotel was great - I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the excellent review from your stay with us!! I am glad you enjoyed your time and had fun at the game! Hope to see you again in the future :)
Dorr, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

If you are hoping to use the pool, don't book for the pool, it's not a very nice pool at all. We had to check out with short notice because we were there for a medical reason for my son. They charged us for the last night, even though we didn't stay, and even though we left for medical reasons.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for the feedback from your stay with us. I apologize our agent did not initially offer not to charge for the 8pm check out, it is normally a full night that late in the day. We will try to make exceptions for guest staying with us receiving treatment at Children's as long as we are not in a sold out situation. I have reversed the charges for your last night and hope you will stay with us again the future. I also wish you and your family the very best and continuous great health :)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area)? Share your experiences!