“great staff, nice hotel”

Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area)
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Charleston, United States
“great staff, nice hotel”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel has friendly and helpful staff....was a great location for our hospital appointments.Room was clean and we also liked the decor. Their is a lot to do in the area, we really liked the Florence Mall, many places to eat. Noticed they had a schedule for transportation into downtown, but we didn't use it ..would be nice for travelers who had time to use it, inexpensive.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! I realize being here to visit Children's Hospital can be very stressful and I am glad my staff were able to make you comfortable during your stay. We hope to see you again perhaps on a fun trip to Cincinnati next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Before arriving we called the hotel to see if they did anything for birthdays as I was turning 21, the front desk clerk, Tom, asked if we were going to be a problem. We just brushed it off and took it as a joke. I would hope he was just joking. The hotel and staff are great. We dropped a bottle of vodka in the elevator on accident and the staff didn't seem bothered when it came to cleaning it up.. In fact, we actually helped. The night audit Darren, was super friendly along with the guard Tony. We talked to them for a good awhile. Over all, a great stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the great review! I am happy you enjoyed your stay and sounds like you had an awesome 21st Birthday! (I remember those good ole days:)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Excellent value - easy access to downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, restaurants in Covington and Newport, Kentucky as well as the Newport Aquarium. Staff are very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of the area. Would recommend this for business and family travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you for the graet review - I really appreciate your very kind words. Please come and stay with us again :)
cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great place to stay when you want to be near Downtown Cincinnati but not pay their prices or deal with parking issues, not as low rates as at the Airport but definitely better than Downtown and just a mile away. Rooms were lovely and clean... convenient overall to lots of great places. Breakfast was free and delicious. Staff was friendly and GM was very accommodating as was their sales person.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the very kind review on your stay with us! I hope to see you again soon :)
erie, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again. The room was clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The wonderful breakfast has something for everyone and it's a really nice way to start your day without having to leave the hotel for a restaurant. Honestly, I've always enjoyed all my stays in the Hampton Inn hotels. Hopefully I will continue to do so.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thank you for Excellent Review! I truly appreciate the very kind comments on our team! I hope to see you again the future :)
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront for a wedding. The staff was very accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Rooms were clean. You cannot beat a free breakfast in the morning. Hotel was convenient to the highway and to wedding.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you SO much for the wonderful review - I am very happy you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again soon!
Pecatonica, IL
Reviewed 19 October 2013

First of all my room key wouldn't work so I had to lug all my stuff back downstairs. It's not a good way to start off. The room seemed ok but the longer I stayed the more things were not ok. When I went to pull the heavy blinds to sleep, they were not completely attached at the top so wouldn't shut all the way. There was a lot of noise from the traffic outside during the night. When I took my shower in the morning the shower curtain would barely reach into the tub, they had the curved shower curtain. Water ended up spraying outside the tub. There were also loud mechanical sounds coming from the stairwell area?

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bridge or you may hear traffic all night.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for the feedback from your stay with us. I apologize that you did not have a favorable experience. Starting off with room key not working is frustrating and inconvenience, I am sorry your stay began with this way. We do have 3 sets of drapes in windows, first is decorative panels, then shears, and third is black out drapes. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future, I do appreciate your taking the time to write your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Courtyard Cincinnati Covington
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport / Cincinnati
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Hotel Covington Cincinnati Riverfront
Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront
Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter

Been to Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area)? Share your experiences!