“Poor Management” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area)

Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area)
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Columbus, United States
“Poor Management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Tried to check in at 3pm; had to wait 55 minutes for a room to be cleaned. Staff was unattentive and did not care....spent a lot of their times on their Iphones rather than manage the situation at hand.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I apologize you had to wait for check in and I agree it is unacceptable, I have also reimbursed your HHonors awards points used for this stay. I have discussed with my management team too, so we can avoid for future guests. It was a day when many guests requested late check outs and guest coming in were asking for early check ins and housekeeping was having a hard time keeping up the pace.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Dublin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Excellent room quality, especially for the price range. Nice, clean pool and fitness area though both were under-sized. Good complimentary breakfast that will not leave you hungry though may be tough to find seating. My only complaint was the proximity of a few seedy liquor stores to the hotel, one practically in the parking lot and the other across the street. Depending on your point of view this is either bad or good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the awesome review - I am glad you had fun over your weekend get-a-away! I agree, the liquor store may be convenient for some guests and any eyesore for others :)
Fishers, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Located right off of the interstate, this hotel was exactly what we wanted. A nice, quiet place to rest and eat a nice breakfast while in the Cincinnati/Newport area. The worst part of the entire stay was getting in and out of the parking lot.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for great review! I am glad you enjoyed yourself, sorry about the heavy traffic pulling in and out. Hope to see you in the future.
Granville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We spent our spring break here to visit the aquarium and zoo. It was very close to both places but nice to come back to the quiet hotel at night. The hotel staff was extremely kind and friendly, they greeted us each time they saw us and more importantly they took the time to talk and include our children. Which impressed me more than anything since most adults tend to ignore kids, every single staff member engaged with them and we truly appreciated it. Also the hotel was so clean! Just smelled so fresh, everything was neat and tidy and replaced as soon as we needed. As far as the location, there were no issues whatsoever, I had previously read a few reviews stating it was a sketchy neighborhood, but not for us it was completely fine. There was a liquor store just feet away but it never was a problem. Overall we had absolutely no complaints and will choose Hampton inn every time! Great Job :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ashrev
Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you, Thank you for the Awesome review! I am so happy you and your family enjoyed yourselves and your very kind comments make me so proud of my team! Hope to see you again :)
Clarksville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Overall not a bad stay. Could hear the neighbor taking a guitar lesson and a big burn mark on carpet in my room but no issues as far as service. The breakfast area floor was sticky. The pool was closed the two days I was there and ice machine rooms were blocked off for construction.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beth W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area), responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your stay. I apologize for the neighbor next to you and the noise level. We were undergoing renovations on the pool and vending area for 2 days and I apologize if it was an inconvenience for you and your family.
Covington, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I walked into a dirty room upon arrival to the hotel with someone else's dirty towels all over the floor and an unmade bed. The drainage in the shower was inadequate and daily my water level was up to my ankles when showering. The noise in the hallways from children's school trips and banging on my door several nights was not up to par along with the yelling from in front of the hotel along with music banging loudly. All of this made it extremely hard to sleep at night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel, so we will address this with our housekeeping staff as your satisfaction is very important to us. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Barrington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

The staff was excellent! Friendly and courteous. The complimentary breakfast was good: waffles, eggs, muffins and many cereals to choose from. The staff totally took care of all our needs. I did not like the bed in our first room because and we were immediately changed to another and totally satisfied. I left jewelry in our room and called 3 days later and my jewelry was mailed to my home! We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

WOW! Thank you for the wonderful review and very kind comments, we hope to see you again in the future. I am happy our team was able to return your jewerly left behind as well, they make me proud!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area)? Share your experiences!