Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Covington
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Frankfort, Kentucky, United States
“Awesome”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This place is a little hard to get to with all the construction going on, but it was an awesome place to stay. When my sister and I arrived, we got checked in and went to the room, had to call the front desk to change rooms due to the party going on in the next room, but they didn't question it al all, they moved us with no hassle.

The room was very clean and it had the little kitchenette with all the supplies needed if you were going to stay for a while. The only draw back to this was the bathroom and it was kinda small, but other than that it was a very pleasant stay and would highly recommend anyone to stay here.

The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kimberly D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Covington, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Kimberly - It is so rewarding to read that you had an awesome stay at our hotel and would recommend others to visit us. TI am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room and that our staff provided you with great service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They cheerfully assisted us with any request we had and encouraged us to let them know if there was anything else we needed. Unfortunately, our room was just plain worn out. The walls were scuffed up and needed paint, floors were so dirty they turned my socks black, the chrome was worn off the bathroom faucet, a cover plate was missing from an electrical socket (safety hazard!), and the towels were stained. In short, it looked like it had a lot of rough use and not much care. Would not recommend for families. Your wife will NOT be impressed!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JR4489
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Covington, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff. Still, it upsets me to learn that our level of cleanliness did not meet your expectations. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Woodbridge, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Updated room was comfortable with everything working as it should. Air conditioning worked well and was quiet. The bed was comfortable and all plumbing worked well. The management and staff were excellent. Location was great for us, and the hotel is pet friendly. The room was clean enough but could benefit from some deep cleaning.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Covington, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your comfortable, clean room, our great staff, and our pet friendly policy. As well, I appreciate your suggestion regarding the deep cleaning of our rooms. I will be sure to meet with our housekeeping staff regarding your comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Quite simple-of you can afford the Hampton inn or any other quality chain nearby do yourself a favor and book there. Rooms are fairly large. Pathetic excuse for pillows. Beds are extremely uncomfortable. Sheets and covers poor/thin quality. Floor was dirty upon entering room. Colleagues complained of stained bed throws. Worst part of stay was being awakened at 1:30 am while house keeping was vacuuming the rooms next to mine. There was banging and the such going on. Stopped after I complained but never should have happened in the first place.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Covington, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I sincerely apologize the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations and their was a noise disturbance from our staff. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is reviewing our cleanliness and quiet time procedures.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cvg@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
grand rapids, mi
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I could not believe there was no shampoo in my room. When I called to inquire about it, I was told that the truck had not come in yet and they had been out of shampoo for several days. How can a hotel run out of shampoo for their guests? I checked into the hotel at around 11:00 PM, was exhausted and in need of a shower. I did not have the desire or energy to go to the store to buy my own shampoo so had to do without. I would strongly discourage anyone from staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Covington, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The lack of shampoo you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience.

In response to your feedback, I am making sure there is adequate stock of amenities available to all guests. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.

I invite you to contact me at, cvg@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
central Virginia
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Enjoyed a comfortable stay during a National Conference. Tiny kitchen is capable of much good, bed sleeps well, close to local transportation and food. It's mostly quiet. Can walk to cool neighborhoods or to the Ohio River levee. Staff was very helpful. Room even has real WINDOWS that can unlock and OPEN if you want.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Covington, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with how close our location was to local transportation and food. I am also glad to hear our staff provided you with great customer service and you found the room comfortable and quiet The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Ironton, Ohio
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband, my son, myself and another couple stayed here for one night in August, 2013 while attending town for a Reds ballgame. Not the best area, but we felt safe with the security guard. Pleasant check-in, friendly and helpful staff. Room was clean, spacious. Breakfast limited to granola bars, packaged muffins, some apples & oranges, coffee and other hot drinks. At check-out, breakfast gone, but front desk clerk directed me to a room where I could get a cup of coffee. Can't complain and would stay here again for the price.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 203 and 205. Both were clean and more than adequate for our needs.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lucy814
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Covington, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Lucy - Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad our staff provided you, your family and friends with excellent customer service at check-in as well as at check-out. I am sorry you were not satisfied completely with the grab-and-go breakfast in the morning, but am glad that you found your rooms to be clean and spacious.

We look forward to you coming back to stay with us again either it be for another ballgame or other travels.