“Great location for a Reds game”

Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Glasgow, Kentucky
“Great location for a Reds game”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My family and I stayed here April 2014. We had intended on staying at the hotel and walking across the bridge to the Great American Ballpark for the Cincinnati Reds game, but due to the weather, we were forced to drive. However,it is very walkable. The food in the restaurant was great. The waiter paid extra attention to my children, which is always a plus for me when travelling with my family. The bathroom wasn't very clean but other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KYgal123
Sabrina S, Manager at Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, responded to this review, 1 February 2015
Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you come to visit us again soon.

Executive Housekeeper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I had booked 2 rooms at this hotel 7 months in advance of a family wedding where there was a group of rooms blocked off specifically for the wedding that I was attending. This hotel was much more expensive than some of the other hotels in the area, but I chose to stay here since there was somewhat of a discount for the blocked rooms and I knew other family members would be staying at this location. Special requests, made in advance, for both of these rooms were for double beds. Five days prior to the wedding I called the hotel and spoke to a front desk clerk who looked up my reservation and confirmed 2 rooms with a request of double beds. Upon arrival the day of the wedding, at the specified check-in time, I again requested double beds for at least one of the rooms. The hotel clerk kindly agreed and gave us our keys. Upon entering our rooms, both rooms had king beds. I called the front desk...they indicated there were no double beds available. I shared that I was just at the front desk less than 10 minutes ago, and was told there were double beds!! This is when frustration starts to build up and I ask to speak to the Hotel Manager...and then was kept on hold for approximately 15 minutes...allowing my frustrations to grow and grow!! When I finally got to speak to Katelyn, the Hotel Manager I was ready to explode and cry. She was very nice but tried to explain to me that there were several conventions going on this particular weekend and that they had "guaranteed" double beds. I guess that means that being a Marriott Rewards Member and a customer not attending a convention, less important...this is how I felt anyway, making me more frustrated! Somehow though, Katelyn did find one room available with double beds, which I was very appreciative of, but by this time...it's just too late for me to feel gracious. Katelyn kindly compensated me by not charging me for one of the room's after I asked for compensation. That kind of experience just sucked the fun out of the family picture and wedding that I was to attend in less than an hour. The rest of our stay went well. Our rooms were spacious and well maintained, but by this time....first impressions leave lasting impressions. It was also very disappointing that there was no free WiFI in the rooms. Seems like that should be standard this day and age. The elevators were extremely slow causing huge crowds of people trying to get on and off the elevators. I will not be choosing or recommending this hotel to friends and family in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Gahanna, Ohio
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We have never stayed at any hotel where every single employee spoke to us with a smile and each one of them thanked us for staying there. A very professional and friendly thing to do and it was not lost on us....we loved it.
When we arrived we learned that the shuttle we had read about on-line would not be running long enough to take us to the restaurant in Cincinnati at which we had reservations. The front desk clerk apologized profusely and decreased our room rate. We were very pleased about this and ended up taking a taxi instead....still saved money.
Last, but certainly not least, was the bartender, Chris. We had drinks at the bar before going to our restaurant and spoke at length with Chris who was extremely warm and friendly. When we returned from our dinner we found in our room a bottle of Champagne, a wonderful piece of chocolate cake and a note from him again congratulating us on our anniversary. We did not get to thank him in person the next day before we checked out and hoped he would see this review. Thank you so much Chris - it made our stay perfect!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Plainfield, Indiana
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Location is OK. Front desk check in was good. Room was clean. Service for dropping off a roll away was slow. We were located in a corner room on the 4th floor. There was some noise associated with the ice machine being close by.

The detractants for my family was this:

The elevator system is slightly confusing. You need to take different sets of elevators in a close proximity to each other to get to the work out room/pool/parking garage.

The pool is an indoor pool and it was ICE COLD. Kids didn't like it and ruined the experience for us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Scott M, Manager at Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hello Mark B.,

I wanted to thank you for your kind comments about our check in process and the cleanliness of our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel both in the facilities we have to offer and the service we provide. We understand that you have many lodging options available and are so glad that you chose to stay with us!

I wanted to apologize for the slow delivery time for your rollaway bed you experienced during your stay. I will follow up with our housekeeping department to determine the cause for the delay. I assure you that this is an infrequent occurrence and will work hard to determine the cause.

I would, also, like to offer you my deepest apologies for the cold pool temperature and noise from the ice machine. Our Maintenance team will be investigating the issue with the pool and ensure that the heater is functioning correctly. I will also have the ice machine serviced on that floor to ensure that is in proper working order.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we performed during your recent experience. Your experience is very valuable to us as our goal is 100% customer satisfaction.

Warm Regards,
Scott Muck
Eubank, Kentucky
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel and staff are awesome. We loved staying here. Within walking distance to the bridge into Cincinnati. .but a long walk. Most of the dining within walking distance is pub fare though. Just a short five minute drive to the aquarium.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Concord, NC
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Solid Marriott full service hotel. Impressive lobby. Got a room with a Cincinnati view. Impressive.
Easy walking or short cab ride to restaurants and nightlife. Onsite parking is $10 and parking across the street is $3. Bathroom in my king bed room was smaller than what I am used to at a full service Marriott.

Room Tip: Go for a riverview. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 March 2014

First off, upon arrival I wan NOT greeted in a friendly manner. I made a reservation for a guaranteed double room but instead got a king. I was promised a blow up mattress, but of course I did not receive that either so instead housekeeping brought up ONE extra blanket. The toilet wa out of order, the shower was bone chilling cold, and the entire hotel was noisy. When I spoke with Terese (the manager) she acted as if u were my fault all of these things were happening. She is A BAD representative of the Marriott brand !!

• Stayed March 2014
Scott M, Manager at Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I apologize for your poor overall stay. I will review your concerns with our entire team so that we may better serve our guests in the future. We stive to exceed our guests expectations and clearly did not in your case.

Hopefully we will have an opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the Cincinnati area so that we can show you first hand why we are ranked #1 in our area.

Warm regards,
Scott Muck
Director of Housekeeping
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Central Business District
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
#9 of 52 in Cincinnati

Been to Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter? Share your experiences!