“Excellent Service and Property”

Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Covington
antopad
“Excellent Service and Property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I love the way the staff attends to guests at this hotel. I travel here on a retreat with several families. The staff works to make our group feel welcome. We were given room upgrades because of elite status. The interior is beautiful. The location is fantastic. You can't go wrong with a stay here. Restaurant was great for breakfast.

Room Tip: Use elite status to get room upgrades
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Sabrina S, Manager at Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, responded to this review, 1 February 2015
Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you come to visit us again soon.

Executive Housekeeper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Took a quick trip with my wife for our anniversary and stayed in a riverview room with balcony. The view of Cincinnati was amazing. Staff was very kind. Room was nice and clean. Only criticism is bathroom looks a little dated. We had a great stay and can't thank staff enough for their kindness!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nathan P

Elm Grove
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this property when we come to town to watch the Brewers play the reds. We have been fortunate to get a room both times facing the river with a balcony. Great view and we can actually see the scoreboard from the Great American Ballpark from our balcony. This is a plus because the hotel blacks out the games on the TV's in the rooms so you have to go down to the bar to watch the games if you don't have tickets. This is irritating because we don't always have tickets the first night because of the long drive. All of the employees were very helpful but I wasn't impressed with the food in the lounge. We were in St. Louis for a couple of games and the food in their lounge was much better. Because I am a platinum rewards member, they gave us vouchers for breakfast because the lounge is closed on Saturday and Sunday. The breakfast buffet was very disappointing. Alot of the food was not hot, even when it was just refilled. They charged $20.00 per person for this buffet and if I would have had to pay for it I would have asked for a refund. Also, I have read in a couple of other reviews that you can park across the street for $3.00 instead of the $10.00 in the garage that the hotel recommends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BarbaraS40

Fairfield Bay
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have waited a bit of time to write this to make sure I'm just not spinning from the experience.
We have stayed at many Marriotts and always been pleased. This was a little surprising.

Upon entering the hotel we were impressed. The lobby is lovely and the check-in with a previous reservation was rapid. We were a little taken aback by the two parking options. 1. Park yourself and pay $10 or close for every in and out. or 2. Use valet.
Our room had a fabulous view of the river and the Cincinnati skyline. The bed was comfortable.

That's about where it ends. At a hotel of this caliber one would expect a safe in the room...NOT!
Free we-fi...NOT! You can have wifi for $12.95 a day.
By the telephone we had one, yes one, sheet of notepaper.
The decor is outdated and needs some work. The wallpaper with the little flowers is a bit much.
There was mold around the tub.
We left our room at 9:15 with a sign on the door to signal the room could be made up. We returned at 2:15 to find it still undone. Not happy campers we proceeded to get ready for a late afternoon engagement. Finally at 3:45 the maid knocked on the door. Needless to say we asked her to return later. Someone did and we had a clean room for sleeping.
We had a toilet that quit working and once reported was quickly repaired.

All of this said I wish the room had been better equipped and tended. Would we stay here again? Probably not. Too many better options.

Room Tip: Ask for river side
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank par521
Scott M, Manager at Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am genuinely sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectation. We work hard to ensure that our property meets the standards that our guests have come to expect from a Marriott property and I am sincerely apologetic that your stay did not provide you with a renewing experience. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with the details of your stay and assure you that all issues raised will be investigated. I sincerely hope that we have the opportunity to host you again during any future stays you have in Cincinnati.

Thank you again for your feedback!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

On several occasions we have stayed at this property when traveling to Chicago. The stay had always been exciting, refreshing and romantic. The hotel enjoys a commanding view of the river, and the night lights of Cincinnati, which is across the river. The amenities have always been upscale, including the restaurant and concierge lounge, as is the walkway along the river. However, this journey was very challenging. Prior to retiring for the evening, I decided to enjoy a bath in the large bath tub. Unfortunately that experience ended badly. When raising myself from the tub, using the side of the tub and the soap dish as leverage, the soap dish broke resulting in 6 interior stitches to repair a torn muscle and 19 exterior stitches to close two wounds, on the elbow and upper arm. To this day, I continue to experience a soreness on the bones of the left elbow, and have a large scar on the upper left arm that I did not have upon arrival at the hotel. After approximately 4 months, Zurich American Insurance Co. did advise me that the company did satisfy all medical bills, and did conduct an investigation into possible liability on the part of the hotel. Yes, there was a safety bar near the faucet, but that was quite a reach from my sitting position. Thus, as stated, I relied on the soap dish, built into the wall at arm level, and the side of the tub to raise myself up from a sitting position. The soap dish broke, resulting in two large pointed protrusions, shaped like arrows. It would seem to me that I should have had a reasonable expectation that the soap dish, given its location, would have sustained my weight, 180 pounds. Needless to say, it was necessary for me to visit the emergency room at St. Elizabeth's Health Care. Dr. Scott Self and his staff were fantastic.

Upon returning to the hotel at 2:30 a.m. in the morning it was necessary to finish cleaning the blood from the floor. Housekeeping could have done a more thorough job. And I had to clean the blood off the two arrow shaped protrusions that remained of the soap dish. By noon we checked out of the hotel, after paying for the room and dinner from the prior evening.

Zurich American Insurance Co. advised me that there was no liability on the part of the hotel. It would seem to me that the investigation conducted by the insurance company was minimal, and that there should have been suggestions as to structural remedies that the hotel should undertake to eradicate the possibility of other persons sustaining similar injuries. I have pictures!! Marriott communicated with me through its insurance company, and there were several emails, but the general management staff moved on to another property. When communicating with Marriott Customer Service, I was referred back to the hotel following my first email to Marriott, but did not receive responses to subsequent efforts to communicate with Marriott directly.

The rating is poor as to the follow up, or lack of follow up by Marriott International, Inc.

Room Tip: Choose the river view, eat in the restaurant and be careful of the soap dish.
Green Features: Eliminate the arm level soap dishes that are present at tub level.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim053166

Union
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This Marriott is top notch with a beautiful entry and classy rooms with fabulous views. We have had their breakfast packages and we always make it a point to enjoy that before leaving because it is so good.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Latechgrad

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have been a weekly guest at this hotel for about 4 months. The front desk staff are cheerful, courteous and professional, they have the room that i like to stay in ready and clean...The check-in process is typically 2-4 minutes. My room is always clean and ready with all the amenities. The concierge level is well run and the staff can accommodate any request. They keep the food, snacks and drinks fresh and plentiful. For extended stay they have a washer and dryer on the 3rd floor with detergent and dryer sheets...great touch! I have a paper at my front door daily. the valet is always ready to grab you a taxi or get your car. good group of guys down there.
The departure is easy with the bill under your door. Just to call out some exceptional employees(friends) to Aisha, Stephanie, and Lauren at the front desk who keep me coming back. In addition to Dennis who manages the concierge lounge in the evening, great guy, always fun to talk too and if you forget your phone he will keep it safe for you! The staff and hotel are a reflection of outstanding leadership from Scott Muck. Hope this helps your decision if you are in the area!

Room Tip: I am not in my room enough to take advantage of the views. So I like the high room away from the riv...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Executive Housekeeper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Central Business District
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
#12 of 49 in Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,145 reviews

Been to Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter? Share your experiences!