“Just Beautiful”
Review of Cub Run Cave

Cub Run Cave
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Cub Run
More attraction details
Owner description: Cub Run Cave, located in scenic Hart County Kentucky, was first discovered in 1950. It was then briefly shown to the public before being closed for the next 55 years. The cave reopened to the public in July of 2006.
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Just Beautiful”
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Very Friendly Staff. Not rushed. Our group of 6 was very well informed about the cave by Linda. Got to see a bat sleeping up close. I got some excellent pictures of formations.

3 Thank tarnold63

Louisville, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Cub Run Cave is beautiful, unique, and worth the drive to get there!”
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We visited this cave on Sunday, May 15, 2011, and I was wondering if the cave was as good as the reviews on here make it out to be. I have to say it was and more! It takes a bit longer to drive to this cave, but once you see all the unique formations and the incredible beauty of this cave, you will know that it is worth the extra drive to get here. This cave is in the running for most beautiful cave in Kentucky, and it has many formations you will only see here. The tour guide was Linda, who was friendly, personable and knowledgable. She made you feel welcome and her love of the cave was contagious. This cave is VERY easy to walk, and you will marvel at the beautiful scenery. I also saw more cave life here than in any cave I have seen. The brochure I have seen for Cub Run Cave does not even do the place justice. I have see all the caves in the area and this one is a must-see in my opinion!

4 Thank Mikewhy67
Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exchange students take their first cave experience at Cub Run”
Reviewed 3 May 2011

My wife and I took 6 exchange students from Europe to Cub Run Cave for their first ever experience visiting a commercial cave. They got to meet the person who actually discovered the cave, heard his story, then were treated to an exciting personal experience through Cub Run Cave. I am still amazed at how pristine the cave formations are at Cub Run Cave.
The restaurant is closed - and probably will remain so. The market is just not big enough to support it. So make sure and eat BEFORE YOU GO.
Do not be discouraged by the time it takes to get to Cub Run Cave. The moment you think you've gone too far, go farther and tour this wonderful cave.
Take heed of Robert Frost and take the road less travelled by. It will make all the difference.

2 Thank Bergerjacques
Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't miss this incredible experience!”
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We visited Cub Run Cave April 16th after touring Mammoth Cave in the morning. While Mammoth Cave is simply huge it is not "alive". Cub Run Cave is beautiful inside! Our guide, Linda, obviously loves her job and was very informative and friendly. There was 1 other guest on the tour my husband & I took. Linda gave us plenty of time for photos and there were wonderful formations to capture. We were greeted by crayfish on the walkway inside the cave and saw stalagmites and stalactites still forming. There were soda straws, flow stone formations and "bacon" that were easy to see and photograph. Linda was able to point out cave crayfish in the underground stream, cave crickets and 3 kinds of bats scattered throughout the cave. There was a lovely pool with concentric rings that was just mesmerizing.

We started our adventure at the Cub Run Cave Gift Shop that has a little of everything, including stones, fossils, crystals and semi-precious gems from around the world. It was warm and clean with nice restrooms. We met our guide there and followed her on a short, winding and steep drive to the cave entrance. From there it was an easy walk through the cave. This was what I was hoping to see in a cave - unspoiled formations and habitat that is being properly protected and cared for. You shouldn't miss this cave!

Visited April 2011
2 Thank debliot
Alpharetta, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wow what a beauteful Cave!”
Reviewed 11 April 2011

We visited Cub Run Cave on 4/11/2011 and had a fantastic time! Linda, our guide was an absolute delight. We arrive 10:30AM on Sunday for their first tour and much to our delight we were the only ones on the tour! We chose this cave because of its easy entry and exit. My mother who is up in age was unable to navigate all the stairs at Mammoth, but had no problem at Cub Run. I highly recommend this cave if you want to see some great stalagtitghts and stalagmites. We saw the elusive blind crayfish, cave bacon and hundreds and hundreds of cave straws. This cave is truly a must see! Mammoth cannot hold a candle to this cave. They also have a nice gift shop. The kids enjoyed panning for gem stones.

Visited April 2011