“Hidden Treasure!”
Review of Cub Run Cave

Cub Run Cave
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Cub Run
More attraction details
Owner description: Cub Run Cave, located in scenic Hart County Kentucky, was first discovered in 1950. It was then briefly shown to the public before being closed for the next 55 years. The cave reopened to the public in July of 2006.
Destin, Florida
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Hidden Treasure!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've been going to Nolin Lake for 12 years now and just this past weekend was able to experience Cub Run Cave! It was a rainy Saturday and we couldn't get the boat out, so we decided to check out the cave, and I'm so glad we did!

The tour is approx 1.5hrs and I believe a 3/4mi walk round-trip. The walkways are boarded and have chicken wire on them to help prevent slipping, this is also nice because you will not get your shoes muddy!

For two adults our total was $28, other people on the tour had coupons, but I am unsure where to find those.

All around good trip, was very impressed, I believe it is equivalent to Mammoth cave on beauty. Check it out, you won't be disappointed!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank hailee_p

L.I. New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Listen to every review on these caves! This was the first cave system that my friend had ever been to, I have been to many in caverns in many states. I was so pleased that we found this little gem, it is a bit off the beaten path but worth it. Our tour was very small, only 4 of us, so we really got to spend some time talking with the guide and she answered a lot of our questions. There were formations that I had never seen in this cave.It's an easy walk, only 14 steps, then a walkway with railings to hold if you need them. 3/4 mile easy walk in, 3/4 mile easy walk out. Don't miss it.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank slb9156
Milford, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your money at Mammoth caves!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to visit this place before we left Kentucky. My biggest regret was the fact that we had wasted our money at Mammoth Caves a few days earlier. Cub Run has everything that Mammoth Cave has and more. We saw more, learned more, and enjoyed it a lot more.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank crookedgoblin
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Cub Run Cave may seem a bit out of the way but don't let that stop you from visiting. In fact, it's kind of cool to travel a short distance off the beaten path to find such an amazing place.

We visited on a weekday and got very lucky that nobody else was scheduled to go on the tour with us. In effect, we had an unexpected "private tour" and it ended up being a wonderful experience. Linda, who runs the gift shop and the tours was great beyond all expectations. If you read the previous reviews, you'll find many people complimenting her passion and love for the cave and I'll confirm that it's all true.

Everyone has probably been on a random tour somewhere in the world and the guide seemed to repeat a script or seemed detached. I assure you that Linda will make this tour come alive with her love for this place. She was incredibly knowledgeable about the history, geology, zoology and stories about the cave. She was happy to answer all questions and even asked us questions about what we might know or think about the cave formations. Highly professional, polite and courteous while keeping everything casual and fun.

Combine that with the actual cave and you have a can't miss place to visit. Remember, this cave is still active so the formations inside are still evolving. No dead rock here but an amazing eco-system still being affected by the water that runs through it. The walkways get you incredibly close to everything and photography is actually encouraged. The various formations, pools, streams, cavernous rooms and more enclosed areas are incredible.

This ended up being a very intimate and fun experience that I'm not sure could be duplicated at one of the bigger name caves that tend to have large crowds. In addition, they have some beautiful, rare formations that you may not find anywhere else in the region.

Please don't hesitate to check out Cub Run Cave. This place is a national gem!

Visited June 2014
Fl.
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“A gem of a cave...”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

NO UNEVEN WALKWAYS,NO VANDALISM,only 14 stairs,wonderful wooden walkways,build by the Amish, so close to the cave ceiling it would be possibe to touch if you were allowed. There were many beautiful formations ,some not found in any other cave. Our guide,Linda loved her job and the cave. She was able to share a great deal of history and knowledge of the cave. I have been to most of the caves in the area. Cub Run is one of the best I have visited. We also loved the drive there through Amish country with a stop at the Amish store in Club Run. The cave property including the nice gift shop is for sale. I hope it can stay open. Take time to see this cave.

Visited June 2014