...room for improvement.
We stayed here this week for 3 nights and for most part enjoyed our stay.
Location - great views over golf courses, enjoyed watching the sun set and rise from our balcony. Hotel is at the end of a very long drive way.
Checking In - the reception area is light and airy with beautiful light fittings and marble floors. The check in staff were friendly and helpful.
Room - our room was big, light and airy. The bed was huge and comfy and the balcony with the great views made our stay. Everything was clean as you would expect.
Food - although we didn't eat in the restaurant we did have room service twice and each time the food was gorgeous. Loved their triple cooked chips.
Staff - Every member of staff we encountered were friendly, always had smiles on their faces. A credit to the hotel.
Location of Room - we were in a room which was miles away from reception and other amenities. I have mobility problems and the long walk meant we didn't make the most of the facilities. The carpet in the very long corridor actually made me dizzy.
Room - there were no tumblers in the bathroom for rinsing after cleaning ones teeth, something which is provided in the basic of hotels. There was a cigarette burn (hole) in the voile, quite noticeable so unsure why this wasn't changed. The valance around the bed base was stained in places as was one of the cushions.
Smoking - I know the hotel states it's a non smoking one, however I'm not sure this rule relates to smoking on balconies. Our last night wasn't ruined as such, however our neighbours were constantly smoking on their balcony which not only smelt when I was sat outside but the smoke was drifting into our room as well. This resulted in us not only going inside to sit down but also closing the door to keep the smoke out. Considering we were making the most of the sunny weather this week, I found this to be disappointing. We enjoyed the use of the balcony, however I think privacy screens need to be put in place.
Breakfast in Rooms - It appears that breakfast cannot be taken in your room. We often enjoy breakfast in our room rather than a mass free for all in the restaurant.
No Mini Bar - as the title suggest, no mini bar.
Overall we had a great stay and found the cost to be reasonable as it included breakfast. We would recommend the East Sussex National and would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the Sussex Countryside, yet only 50 miles from London lies East Sussex National. Discover a contemporary 4 star hotel with 104 bedrooms,plus a state of the art health club, award winning spa and two championship golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your East Sussex National reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Sussex National Golf Hotel Uckfield
- East Sussex National Golf Resort And Spa
- East Sussex National Hotel
- East Sussex National Uckfield