“Wow factor!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Little Horsted
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Wow factor!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Recently stayed here on business. The entrance and welcome from the staff certainly has the wow factor and the room was also impressive.
I have stayed at various DeVere Venues and this one is now top of my list! My room was immaculate and had amazing views (I think all the rooms here come with a great view!).
The leisure facilities here are fantastic and I couldn't resist treating myself to a massage (they also use 'Espa' products that I love).
I had the pleasure of meeting the General Manager who was so friendly and showed alot of passion for the venue and her job there, which was lovely to see. This is reflected in her team who all provided excellent service and were also friendly.
I wish I could have spent a bit longer here to explore the golf course and experience the restaurant for dinner (I arrived very late). But breakfast was delicious (I also enjoyed the beautiful views of the grounds from my table), my morning swim was great and my afternoon massage after a 4 hour meeting was an added bonus.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views, so I have been told, but ask for one in the middle so you are close...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Tracy T, General Manager at East Sussex National, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Wow review, many thanks

We are so pleased that you managed to experience our facilities whilst on business as i always think it is such a shame to stay and not have the chance to experience them, especially the spa

Once again thank you

Tracy Tennant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Ashtead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We recently stayed at East Sussex National for a Friday-Sunday weekend away with friends and we will definitely be going back, this is a first class hotel with some of the best leisure facilities and the most friendly staff I have come across in the UK. Our room contained a super king size bed, an en-suite containing separate shower and bath, dressing table, sofa, 2 arm chairs, a desk, 2 TV’s and one huge balcony overlooking the golf course. We used the spa and gym facilities both days, the swimming pool is very large and has a very relaxing ambience. I also played the golf course, we teed off at 11am in a 3 ball and even though there were a couple of large societies out on the course, we played at good pace, never had anyone close behind us and didn't wait on any tee once. I have to say, the standard of the golf facilities were exceptional. We ate in the bar on the Friday and the restaurant on the Saturday - the food was excellent both times. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast and also had a great breakfast in bed on one of the mornings. The staff in the bar were fantastic, so friendly and welcoming and offered constant table service - both nights we were up until late enjoying drinks. We are definitely going back here, the most relaxing weekend away we've had in a long time.

Room Tip: We had room 201...... it was absolutely massive!! Sofa, 2 armchairs, 2 TV's and a huge balcony a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

I do hope that you visit us again soon and please be assured that i am positive the team will be delighted to read and i am positive they would also send there thanks

Tunbridge Wells
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I stayed recently for the first time. It was a two night stay away from our kids to enjoy some "grown up time" with friends who were also staying at the hotel. We all felt that the facilities, in particular the spacious hotel room with very comfortable king size bed, spa with large swimming pool, and East golf course where of an excellent standard.

Breakfast offered a large buffet style selection of hot and cold food which we enjoyed on two mornings, once in the bar foyer area, which the ever attentive and friendly staff where happy to permit so that the All Blacks v England rugby could be watched and on the second morning in the restaurant area.

We all also ate in the restaurant for our evening meal choosing a wide selection starters, mains and deserts all of which were delicious and polished off.

Overall we would highly recommend the East Sussex National. It's an excellent hotel and we hope to stay again soon.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to comment on the positives of your stay. I am so pleased to read that you managed not only a weekend away with grown up friends that you also had an excellent time

Once again Thank you

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My daughter and I had an overnight stay for my birthday and it was fabulous. The room was very spacious and comfortable with lovely views from the large balcony. The food, spa facilities and treatments were faultless. All the staff were friendly and helpful. I will definitely be staying here again but hopefully longer than just one night!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

We also look forward to welcoming you back and as you commented to hopefully stay for more than one night

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at East Sussex National last weekend with 2 other couples. Arrived Friday evening and left Sunday lunchtime. The whole weekend was faultless. You can tell they are now part of De Vere Venues as the stuff were brilliant....a De Vere Venues trait.
Played golf on the Saturday on the East course with the lads and it was in great condition and we were not held up. Girls visited the leisure facilities and could not speak highly of it.
However, the biggest highlights were undoubtably the food. Had breakfast in bed both mornings and hands down the best breakfast in bed I've had at any hotel. All 6 of us ate in The Pavilion Restaurant on the Saturday the experience was fantastic. Great atmosphere, great setting, great service and the food was even better.
Rooms are huge with large balconies. The views were that good over the golf course that we decided to order canapés and champagne on the balcony for the 6 of us as a pre dinner warm up.
Great weekend. Very relaxing and already planning our next visit.
The attentive and friendly staff definitely make the experience even better.

Room Tip: If you can, request or upgrade to one of their luxury suites. Not that much more expensive but defin...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Always a pleasure to read when our guest have enjoyed there stay

Hope to welcome you back again soon

Crowborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I come and stay here to "get away from it all" this is our second visit and we really cannot fault it. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the spa facilities are excellent. Breakfast is brilliant, did wait a little long for a poached egg though ! So much to choose from really cannot complain. Will definitely be back in a couple of months. Thank you for such a pleasurable stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you Lesley for your comments and also for your return visit, hopefully we will welcome you again soon for a third

Once again Thank you

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

On reading some of the mixed reviews,And some of the petty complaints ,I just had to give my version .we were celebrating our friends wedding anniversary .when we arrived I found the place very impressive ,I said to my husband it was like driving into one of the golf clubs in America.the rooms were lovely ,the service was good,and we chose a weekend ,there happened to be 2weddings and 2golf tournaments were on so you can imagine the staff were stretched to the max,yes the bar was busy, but we didn't have to wait that long ,and our meal on Friday night was outstanding the presentation was top dollar,the chief that night his name was JAMES, James villiers he would beat any master chief ,and as for TRACY we found her very nice ,very accommodating always looked cheerful and easy to approach ,really had a lovely weekend and the men enjoyed there golf .by the way your golf clubs are taken from reception and driven down to were you tee off ,I call that service look forward to seeing you again .

Room Tip: Rooms are lovely very spacious ,tea and coffee available
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your review, I really appreciate that you took the time to give your version on your stay with us but most of all that you had an excellent stay with us

James will be delighted to read, as i was, that you took the time to not only remember his name but to comment on his chef skills

Once again Thank you and hope to see you again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Horsted
#1 of 1 in Lower Dicker
The Shelleys
The Shelleys
#4 of 8 in Lewes

Been to East Sussex National? Share your experiences!