“Very nice hotel for families at moderate prices”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Champaign, Illinois
“Very nice hotel for families at moderate prices”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We've stayed here a couple of times. It remains quite affordable and most importantly, quiet and impeccably clean. The clerk at the front desk had my reservations ready on arrival and I was on the way to the room in less than 5 minutes. The included breakfast had a good selection of both warm and cold items and better than usual coffee.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C5Cye

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was my first stay with Comfort Suites, but definitely not my first trip to Danville. I have visited many times to see my sister who lives there. I try to stay at the best place for my budget, but after being severely disappointed at other Danville hotels (there aren't many) I decided to see if I could get more bang for my buck at Comfort Suites. This was by far the BEST stay that I have had in the past 7 years I have been coming to visit. My bed was so comfortable, the room was large and spacious and modernly furnished. I also enjoyed the new fitness center expansion and snacking on the cookies and free water in the afternoons. The staff was very helpful. I will definitely not settle for less anymore when I come to Danville, Comfort Suites is the place to stay!

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor about halfway down. It was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KRIS P
south texas
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This is the first time trip advisor reviews have let me down. My family was in Danville to visit Centre . Almost everything we wanted to use was broke/not working- the dryer was broke in the laundry room, 2 out of the 4 workout equipment items ( bike and 1 treadmill) were broke, HBO was out, 3rd floor ice machine out of order. Also, no working computers in the business center. The front desk said the owner is aware of all this. Apparently he does not care. The worst part was when I was laying on one of the double beds I noticed stains (blood/coffee?) on the other bed's mattress cover. I called the front desk and they called housekeeping. Someone came up and said they did not have any spare covers but they could try and clean it with a rag and spray. Are you kidding me? Gross!! I called the front desk and they said they could move me ( and leave it for the next person??). I said I had too much stuff to move. So FINALLY they decided they could remove it and wash it. Unbelievable. Never again.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank pavsgirl
Lodi, Ohio
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for work on a four night stay. The front desk was super nice and extremely helpful. I didn't use the pool, but it was a little on the small side. The fitness center was just redone and was expanded. The room was spacious and clean. The king bed was the most comfortable hotel bed i have ever slept in with five soft pillows. Full breakfast was good and hot every morning, and every employee I dealt with was very friendly and helpful. i would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Corning, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel has upgraded and expanded the fitness room. From a closet that barely held a single person, you can now exercise comfortably with a couple other people in the same space. The owner added more machines in addition to free weights. You don't have to go to an outside gym anymore.
The staff remain as friendly as ever, and the cookies are still a welcome treat coming back from work.
It's only gotten better!

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter with less road noise and starting cars in the morning.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hope, Indiana
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I checked in the and my first impression was the cleanliness, the smell was so clean. The desk clerk was wonderful and the lobby was beautiful. Everywhere I looked the place clean the public restrooms spotless and the generous selections of snack, food,softdrinks. The room was spotless and very nice, we stayed on the ground floor and were close to the pool. I was a little disappointed on cleanliness of the pool, water was cloudy and a lot of dead bugs and debris in the pool. The room was beautiful. The breakfast was fantastic so many choices and so clean. If I had to rate the experience I would give it a 1-10, I would give it a 20. All the staff the housekeeping was very, very, pleasant and the full experience from beginning to end was very wonderful. When I come back to Danville Ky. Comfort Suites is where I will stay.

Room Tip: The ground floor was accessible to everything the snacks,breakfast,pool and the entrance. My amazing...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Teri B
Wheaton, Illinois
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Hotel is very clean and decorated beautifully! The best part of the hotel is the customer service! Upon check in I learned that I had by mistake made my reservation for the day earlier! Since I didn't show, my credit card was charged as a no-show. I was more than disappointed! The management was more than kind-not only did they find me a room for that night but they also credited me from the night before! Amazing! Compassion at it's finest!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
Comfort Inn Lexington South
Comfort Inn Lexington South
#2 of 4 in Nicholasville
Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!