Hampton Inn Danville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Suites(Danville)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentre collegehot tubthe hotel is conveniently locatedroom was cleannice hotelwill stay there againhome away from homegreat place to stayfront desk staffcomplimentary breakfastwould highly recommend this hotelnice breakfaststaff was friendlyoatmealeasy accessfirst floorthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2008

Spent one night here recently. Picked this because it was No. 1 on Tripadvisor. That said, there aren't a lot of choices in Danville. Parts of the hotel were nice and properly maintained but other things just made you go "hmmmm." For example, upon entering our room, there was a streak of blood that ran along the bathroom door frame, both on the inside and outside of the frame. This wasn't a drop or two -- you could see it from the other side of the room. How in the world could housekeeping not notice this. We didn't bring it to anyone's attention and my husband cleaned it himself, wtih a wet washcloth though I wanted to change rooms. The breakfast in the morning was adequate but not good compared to other places I have stayed at recently. I didn't feel like eating sliced kielbasa the morning that we left. If we return to Danville, I am inclined not to stay at this property and will try something else.

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank jdvmd
Reviewed 28 December 2007

I stayed here about 13 times in November and December 2007 on business. Hotel is close to just about anything you would need in Danville. Restaurants, Wal-Mart, and some various stores/shops/etc. are nearby. The hotel is itself was a typical Hampton but what set it apart for me was the consistency I found in the staff and and in the cleanliness. Front desk staff rotated between 3-4 individuals who were all great. Very courteous and pleasant whether it was 1 am or 7 am. I never had a problem with the rooms although rooms I stayed in didn't have a wall thermostat but the older window units. No big deal. I just never can get the temp just right. There is really no other place I will stay in Danville.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 15 August 2007

we were in town for a day, and we chose the hampton because of its cheap price tag. our stay was great. the beds are extremely comfortable, the location is quiet, and they offer a nice breakfast. the bathroom was big compared to other places we've stayed. they offer you chocolate chip cookies upon check-in, and they are absolutely delicious. there are a few restaurants nearby, such as an applebee's. while it is certainly not a luxury hotel, i can't think of any complaints either. affordable and pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank southernbelle43
Reviewed 6 September 2006

August 2006 was my second stay at the Danville Hampton and once again, I was underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, it was fairly clean, the service was reasonably good, and all of my basic needs were met. This is not a roach motel. But it is also not up to the standard of most Hampton Inns.

The bedding was the old-style stiff bedspread over a "fuzzy" blanket - they haven't upgraded to the new bedding that so many other hotels have. The shower was lukewarm and very hard to adjust (but also really high up, a plus if you're tall). There was some kind of white dust accumulating behind the toilet. The toiletries weren't replaced on the second day. The hot tub was also lukewarm, and seemed to be more in use as a kiddie pool. The breakfast was probably the poorest I've had in the Hampton chain: slightly decaying fruit salad, eggs, hard biscuits and gloppy gravy, and waxy pastries and bagels. There was only one elevator and it seemed like it was always busy. The exercise facility was small and inadequate, and located so that everyone coming in the back door from the main parking lot could look in and watch you exercising.

The hotel is conveniently located on the same bypass road as most other Danville motels. And it does have an indoor pool, which I didn't try out.

All in all, it wasn't a terrible stay, but I think I'll try something else next time.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ennove29
Reviewed 20 August 2005

We have stayed at this particular hotel three times now over the course of four years. I would never hesitate to go back, and really have no reason to look elsewhere in Danville unless something really changes in the future. The rooms are clean, the hotel is quiet, and the front desk staff aims to please. Our stays there have been during full occupancy days, yet I have seen the front staff carefully and thoroughly giving directions to people to help them get to a hotel that they know of to have rooms. They never appear bothered to have to do it, yet they stand to gain nothing from it. This last stay, we were charged less than our e-mailed confirmed rate, and given a room with a jacuzzi tub. You can't beat that. I recommend this hotel highly due to its cleanliness, value, and helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2005