“Kentucky Business”

Red Roof Inn Danville
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Good accommodations, great service, excellent value. Staff is great and the rooms are clean. Nothing fancy, but adequate and affordable. Will return when I am in the area again. Good value for your money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Danville

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Very nice place to stay. It is in a central location with easy access to restaurants and other activities. Very pleasant and friendly hotel staff. However, due to the storm the internet wasn't working very well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed 2 days at here. The hospitality was like no other, very friendly. The two emoloyees I would like give credit to are Rebecca and Missy. They made fresh cookies for us at 3 am.. They really made us feel at home.. Had a great time talking to them and I will be coming back here every year. Thanks again for the hospitality ladies .

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank J4cks0n
Reviewed 12 January 2014

After reading reviews on this hotel online we got worried when we had to book for our daughters school event. But to our surprise from entering the motel it was very nice.The girl at the front desk could not of been nicer and she even called after us getting settle in our room to see if there was anything she could get for us. The room was very clean and very up to date no foul odors or anything. The regrigerator and microwave very clean and worked fine. Nice LG TV. The beds were very nice looking and clean. Took several tries connecting to the internet but once connected it worked well. Breakfast was good. I had only the waffles with my husband having fruit. If I do go back to Danville we would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2013

It has very poor wifi service. The employee here told me that they are trying to fix that problem. For me no wifi connection in my room is very big... So that makes me very sad that it doesn't connect to wifi unless you stand in the hallway or come down to the lobby.

The room smells bad. But when you get used to it, it wouldn't bother you.

Other than that it is very nice. I just want wifi in my room...

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank BobbyFuji
Meghann F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

I am so sorry that you had issues with our wifi. We are currently working on getting this issue resolved and we will have this issue fixed within the next week. If you're in Danville again in the near future please stop by and give us another chance, I promise our wifi will be fixed and going well!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed with the property about a year ago. It's a different place, very clean and great service.
It does need a renovation, which I heard from the front desk representative is schedule for the upcoming months. I would recommend the property to anyone and look for forward to the renovation improvements.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

First off, the staff at this motel were helpful and responsive when I requested a room change. I really appreciated that. There is a refrigerator in the room which is always terrific.

The primary downside, and it is HUGE in my estimation, is that stale smoke pervades everything. I mean everything.

I was first taken to a second floor room and could not even enter the room it was so layered with the smell of cigarettes. Then given a room on the first floor (which is non-smoking), I still smell smoke. I have been here 1.5 hours and had the room door open the whole time in a very lame attempt to pull in some fresh air. (?!)

One of the front desk employees, while kind, weakly suggested that "people still smoke in the non-smoking rooms". Ok, come on now.....it's 2013 and you run an establishment where people breathe and sleep all night in a century in which smoking is known to kill. You can't keep part of the hotel entirely smoke-free?

I travel around Kentucky a lot for work, as well as all around the world. I have not encountered a place with such polluted air for as long as I can remember. It's disgusting and simply not acceptable for taking care of guests' health. Get on it, Best Western.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank BlueTrueDreamOfSky
Meghann F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

To Whom It May Concern:

I am so sorry that you had a negative experience at our property. We do have a few rooms that customers have smoked in even though they are classified as a non smoking room. It is hard to cover up that smell, but I do want to let you know that in early 2014 we will be starting a major renovation from the ground up, all of our rooms will have new carpets, new paint, new furniture, etc so that in the future this will not be an issue. Again, I am so sorry that you had a negative stay with us but please check back in with us in the spring if you're in town again, our renovations will be complete and this will be a completely different place. I can promise that your next stay will be a positive one. Again I am sorry for your negative experience and hope that you will give us another shot in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

-Meghann Followell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Berea
Quality Inn Danville
Quality Inn Danville
#5 of 6 in Danville

Been to Red Roof Inn Danville? Share your experiences!