“Family Memories”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Danville
Gwinn Island Resort and Marina
Reviewed 2 January 2008

My Mom's family has been going to Gwinn Island since she was younger, therefore she took us when we were younger. This place has so many memories attached to it. I agree with the past review, you must understand that these "cabins" are pretty old. However, we rarely stay inside. The decks are nice to sit on and watch the boats pass by and are a good size. We rent pontoon boats and john boats and fish most of the day. The pool is small, but whenever we go it isn't crowded. I personally haven't been there for a couple years, but I look forward to going back this year with my cousins and our kids.

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
6  Thank summerfrog81

Reviewed 6 May 2007

I am not a person accustomed to luxury but Iwas quite surprised by the conditions I saw when we arrived. Iwas lucky to have my choice of the shacks available.I am writing this review not because of any hostility I have towards the place because the people there are nice,I just wish I had been able to get some information before staying there which I couldn,t get with any real accuracy.The shacks are old and somewhat rundown but it is under new ownership and they are trying to improve the place.I hope they have deep pockets.If you plan on staying there bring plenty of booze and some really good smoke.It just takes a little getting used to and maybe ideal for some people.Danville is a nice quaint town with many more comfortable places to stay if your not into roughing it.If you decide to stay there after this review don,t complain.

7  Thank Tim1957