“Beautiful paradise!”

Maya Ubud Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Peliatan
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We were amazed with the views this lovely resort offers. Garden Villa was very nice. Hotel's pool area isn't big, but still enough for us. Breakfast was really good. Staff was nice and professional in every way. Only minus thing were high prices at restaurant. We recommend staying in Maya and eating in Ubud center, were you can find many cheap and tasty places, just by taking a 50.000 rupiah taxi journey.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Henri L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,312)

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I absolutely love Maya Ubud. The minute you pull into the beautiful entry, you feel a sense of serenity. The staff are wonderful, the grounds are beautiful and the spa is the best in Ubud. I stayed in the pool villa, river side. Happy hour every night from 6 and great meals in the restaurant, make it hard to leave to explore Ubud.
The Spa itself is a must do, even if you are not staying. Make sure, you book in for a massage. The location is spectacular, and the massages are amazing.
Also worth spending some time at the lower pool, and river cafe. Stunning!
My only gripe - the wi if access is a hassle. You need to keep logging-in, as it kicks you off constantly.

Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank Stback
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My travel agent arranged for us to stay at the May Ubud and when we arrived there we where so impressed! This resort is so beautiful and peaceful. Although we took our kids and there where other small children there, it really is a resort for adults and honey mooners or even a picturesque wedding on the top deck above the tree tops!

It is so quiet there you can actually hear yourself think. It's a great place to go if you just want to escape the world, read a book by the pool, and just ''watch'' nature whisper to you. It really is a place for solitude. The Resort does have an ''Adults only'' section which is where the spa is and another pool down by the river. It is spectacular. Just hire a nanny @ $40,000IDR per hr.

The pool is really cool, it looks like you would just swim of the edge. You can hang over the edge of the pool and watch the deep valley below, hearing the river and watching the wildlife.

The grounds are impeccable. I absolutely loved sitting on the balcony for breakfast and lunch with the fans gently turning, the white hanging cloth's gently waving in the breeze and looking far down the jungle.

The food is really good and the cocktail bar make the best cocktails! It's not a cheap hotel but you do get your moneys worth. We had a deluxe pool villa, AMAZING! I could live there forever. My favourite was to shower night and day in the outdoor shower looking up through the palm trees at a blue sky in the morning or a twinkling starry night under a full moon, It is very private.

It's only a 5min drive into Ubud which is very nice. The Ubud market are much better than the Kuta markets. The resort is about 1hr 15min drive from Kuta, just over hr drive up to Mt Batur, 30min to the Safari Marine park.

This resort is definitely one worth to visit, you won't be disappointed all!

Room Tip: I would choose a room starting from 701 onwards, less walking to the main pool.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Werdna76
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was at the Maya Ubud for two nights and I really enjoyed my stay. In my opinion, the highlight is really the amazing pool, surrounded by lush forest, it's totally wonderful. Staff is really nice, smiling, helpful.. All you can expect from a 5-star... free wi-fi in the room, excellent service, etc. The shuttle to the village is really convenient also. We had a room in the main building and I was a little disappointed because my expectations were really high and I found the room was just "normal". When I saw the villas, I was jealous because they looked so much better... If you can afford it, I suggest you take a villa instead of a room. Food is very good (refering to breakfast and also the main restaurant + the other cafe by the pool, next to the spa), nothing to complain.The spa is very nice, treatment rooms overlooking the river, and the second pool there is even better than the main one. It's really a getaway, out of the reality, the setting is incredible. And the village of Ubud is really nice too so even if you don't spend a night there, you really have to spend at least a day.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Picouline
Reviewed 6 April 2012

It's 7.30 on our first morning at the Maya and I am writing this review from the side of our private plunge pool. The stillness and tranquility are almost palpable and the only sounds are those rising from the deep gorge and flowing river below the villa.

The particular scent of the surrounding rainforest, a blend of fragrances not unlike chai tea and sage occasionally surpises whilst walking around our garden. This is a welcome break and a far cry from 24 hours ago as we were preparing to leave our place in central Brisbane.

The Maya Ubud is a sensational destination, far from the madness of Kuta and a world away from the unfortunate and abundant poverty. The resort is impeccable as is the service and the facilities.

Walk around the nature walk which meanders thoughout the perimeter of the resort, skirting the waterfall, gorge and fast flowing river and you are enveloped by the smell and the flora (just don't slip of the moss covered walking track)!

We chose a Deluxe Pool Villa for our four day stay and it is absolutely perfect, to the point that I would be happy to not even leave the beautiful front gates of the villa and remain ensconced with my pool, room service and the forest in front of me.

The room itself, is essentially a luxury Balinese hut with a four poster bed, a beautiful bathroom with a deep inbuilt iron bath, outdoor shower, garden and day bed. Indoor and outdoor melt seamlessly as a modern shower with accessories is outside, as is the day bed, while the bathroom floor is tiled with cobblestones and defined by loose black polished river stones set between the tiles.

The service is also impeccable and efficient, perhaps a little too servile but nevertheless very friendly; during our walk, the army of gardners and groundskeepers was only too happy to chat and offer greetings.

For a break away from the dreary but unfortunately necessary daily grind, few places compare to Maya Ubud - don't miss it if it is within your reach.

Room Tip: Choose the Deluxe Pool Villas!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Luke G
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This place is incredible! Top notch service, first class staff. The spa experience was incredible, with the sound of river right next to you. This spa is one you really don't want to miss. Spent alot of time at both the beautiful infinity pools overlooking the lush forest (which was my criteria when I booked a hotel in Ubud).

The best day consisted of waking up early to go to the free yoga class in this beautiful glass-box architecture of a gym, eating at the delicious breakfast buffet (great selection of fresh local fruits and Indonesian dishes), going into town in the hotel's free shuttle (everything in the hotel, including the shuttle, smells amazing), coming back to Maya Ubud for their free afternoon snacks at the relaxing bar, going to the Spa. We also did the nature walk by ourselves, which was a nice way to explore safely within the 2 acres large compound of the resort.

Very impressed. I came with a girl friend, and we both believe that we won't settle for a honeymoon experience if it does not rival with the one we had at the Maya Ubud.

Thank you to the receptionist Yoga and the bellboy for their great sense of humour, the bartender at happy hour and the nice and pretty waitress at the afternoon tea who both told us all the great stories and shared his experiences working and living in Bali.

Room Tip: I believe the rooms in th east wing were brighter, and it was lovely to wake up to the sounds of the...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank xandeema
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My wife and I checked into the lovely Maya Ubud resort one day before Nyepi. Our wonderful experience began when we touched down at the Bali airport and was ferried to the resort in a private MPV. We were awe-struck the moment we first laid eyes on the grand and beautiful facade of Maya Ubud. We were welcomed by the friendly hotel staff who were all so helpful and always greeted us with sincere smiles throughout our stay here. After we had our refreshing welcome drink, we were whisked off to our deluxe pool villa facing the paddy fields in a buggy driven by a helpful bell hop. All in all we truly enjoyed our vacation in this peaceful, beautiful and wonderful resort. The highlights of our time in Maya Ubud are:-

1) The private plunge pool in our villa where we spend many hours simply lazing in the glorious sun.
2) The scrumptious breakfast buffet which we looked forward to every morning.
3) The 180mins riverside special spa which soothed us completely.
4) The morning walks exploring the 10 hectre Maya Ubud where we found a waterfall near the Naturewalk but please be careful when you are making your way down the many steps to the waterfall and river. My advice is to wear proper trekking shoes instead of sandals which can be rather slippery. The paddy fields were a beautiful sight to behold.
5) Swimming and chilling out at the main infinity pool.
6) The visit to Ubud town where the resort will provide free shuttle services. You will find many Balinese handicrafts, restaurants, cafes there. But be weary of the monkeys at the Monkey Forrest who look cute but will try to snatch at your belongings.
7) The 2 popular restaurants that we visited-Dirty Duck and Wayan Cafe(I've written separate reviews of these 2 fantastic Bali restaurants.)

We would definitely plan to come back to Maya Ubud the next time and we're sure you will truly enjoy your time in Maya Ubud too. =)

Room Tip: Go for Room 704 if you are planning to stay in the Deluxe Pool Villa as it offers an excellent view...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peliatan
Kamandalu Ubud
#9 of 196 in Ubud
Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
2 mi away
Pita Maha Resort and Spa

Been to Maya Ubud Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!