“Awesome experience stayed”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Peliatan
Jakarta
“Awesome experience stayed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

I got the good chance from the first hotel I've been staying, Legian Beach Hotel which is also the sister hotel of Maya Ubud Resort and Spa. They offered me good promotion which finally I decided to stay with my partner. It's really indeed awesome resort, very big area and the garden so beautiful, so peaceful. I took the spa treatment which was so beautiful. Don't miss the spa and have healthy foods and drinks on the restaurant near the river. The staffs also friendly and have sincere smile. Pity we only got 2 nights stay which was we can't explore the hotel area much more. It's so nature place. I joined yoga lesson once in the morning which made my last stayed in Bali so good after Yoga and mediation lesson. Will come back for sure and combine with other hotels, Legian Beach Hotel and Candi Beach Cottage.

Room Tip: Stay in Deluxe Pool Villa for memorable experience.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AMPY-Forever

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

Great hotel to relax with an amazing spa... You don't need the beach in Bali- this was just great. We stayed in a pool villa which was great. Service very friendly. Breakfast ok. We had dinner every evening at the a la carte restaurant which was very delicious. We will come back!

• Stayed December 2011
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

The Maya is a perfect place for a relaxing stay in Bali. The entire experience was first class, from check in to the room, facilities, dining as well as the spa.

Even though the Maya is located just out of Ubud, prices within the resort for meals and drinks are generally very reasonable.

We stayed in a Villa, absolutely excellent

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 4,002 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

The Maya Resort is located approx 5 - 10min drive from Ubud Village & 1 hour from the airport depending of the chaotic traffic conditions.

The best aspect of the resort is the glorious seclusion & views over the Petanu River Valley & the rice fields of Peliatan.

We didn't stay here but came to visit due to friends staying at the Maya & inviting us for lunch. I was going to write a review on the restaurant but TA does not have it listed.

So I have decided to write a review on the resort on what I saw & experienced over a few hours with my friends.

The Maya Resort grounds are very attractive with beautiful gardens & water features spread over 10 hectares of land

Arrival - We were greeted warmly & the staff very attentive to our needs regarding being directed to the restaurant.

Maya Sari Mas Restaurant. - We arrived for lunch late & although no-one else except for our friends were in the dining room the staff were happy to accommodate us.

We shared a Nasi Goreng & some fabulous satay skewers for our lunch whilst we dreamily looked over the stunning views of the valley. The restaurant has indoor dining and alfresco which spills out onto the terrace.

After lunch we walked around the resort & had a little glimpse. The pool looked lovely & peaceful although a little small for the size of the complex. However; we did notice that there were many private villas with their own swimming pools & another main pool by the river.

Our friends villa was a Superior Garden Villa which was extremely spacious with a lovely Balinese decor & all the modern facilities which one would require for a happy stay.

We loved strolling through the magnicent gardens admiring the garden designs & all the beautiful plants after our yummy lunch.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ellemay
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

The Maya is just beautiful. It is great for just relaxing and the spa is amazing. The food and breakfast were amazing. I could not fault the stay. I stayed in the Pool Villa. It had a beautiful little pool and the best bath I have ever seen. The bed is amazing. They have an hourly shuttle to get you into town. All the reception staff remembered my name whenever I came to the desk and I think I only popped over there twice and was only there for two nights.

The only issue that I had was the food was a little bit dear on site.

Room Tip: The Pool Villa is amazing but the higher rooms in the resort have an amazing view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank etkava
midwest, usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Even after reading the great reviews for the Maya Ubud on Trip Advisor we were still amazed at how wonderful this hotel is. The grounds are stunning with long avenues, vistas and a great hiking path along the river. We especially liked the infinity pool, small but never crowded and just the perfect water temperature. We had to tear ourselves away to visit Ubud. We could see at breakfast that many people were staying at the hotel, but we rarely saw anyone as we strolled the grounds.
We are not usually fond of buffets, but the breakfast buffet at Maya Ubud was an exception. I especially like the selection of local fruits, many unkown to me. They thoughtfully stationed a chef by the fruits so that you could choose something and the chef would cut or peel it, showing you how to eat it. There was also a nice selection of asian breakfast foods. We attended the Kecak Dance one evening and felt that that was very worthwhile. We stayed in the hotel rooms and found them very pleasant with a balcony that was delightful in the early morning and evening. This is a very elegant, relaxed place to stay and we wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank UsaAllie
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here with our three children (7,7, and 10). I'll start off by saying that, although our kids were certainly made to feel welcome, this is NOT a resort for children, although there were a few staying at the resort when we were there. Rather, I would recommend it for adult family gatherings, romantic weekends, or the like. Especially as one can then take advantage of the "no kids allowed" portion of the resort at the far end of the property! If you do go with kids, one great thing is that there is ample green space for them to run around freely. The resort is excellent in this regard.

The resort is lovely, with a high standard to the rooms, restaurant, and bar. It's small, but has an intimate feel, compared to some of the larger resorts on the Bali coast. We stayed in rooms 807 and 808, two adjacent bungalows facing the rice paddies. The bungalows are a good size for a maximum of 3 people (2 adults and 2 kids in a pinch), and are attractively appointed. They seemed preferable to the regular rooms to me, and are worth splurging for, in my opinion. That said, the "view" of the rice paddies was nothing special at all. In retrospect, I would have preferred bungalows facing the river valley.

The infinity-edge pool is small, but quite elegant, with a nice, if not magnificent view across the river gorge. Again, not for kids. Really made with adults in mind. Food (breakfast and 1 dinner) was good, but not the best one can expect in Indonesian high-end resorts.

All services were top-notch, as should be expected, as were the facilities, which include a tennis court and pitch-and-putt golf course. It's well-located: a short drive from Ubud - far enough away to be peaceful; close enough to be convenient.

At the end of the day, this is an very nice, moderately high-end resort. It is not at the TOP end, nor is it as nice as several other high-end resorts I've stayed at in Indonesia (such as Tugu in Lombok; Amanjiwo in Borobudur; Chedi in Ubud), but it has won many, many awards, and is clearly extremely popular with Trip Advisor travellers. I would certainly stay there again (and quite happily), but the overall impression I left with was that I was hoping for something a little more, somehow.

Room Tip: Ask for villas/bungalows on the river side.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Trey M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peliatan
Komaneka at Bisma
#7 of 195 in Ubud
Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
KajaNe Mua Private Villa & Mansion
Pita Maha Resort and Spa

Been to Maya Ubud Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!