“Romantic and relaxing”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Peliatan
Singapore, Singapore
“Romantic and relaxing”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We've stayed here twice, and had a great and relaxing experience both times. Highly recommended, and a good value. The staff are fantastically professional and cheerful, and the villa rental with private pool is an oasis. Definitely do the villa. The breakfasts and dinners at Maya are great, though of course you should go into town a few nights, too. Maya's bus makes it easy to get in to town during the day for shopping, and the private guides they provide (extra cost) have been wonderful in making it easy to see many cool albeit touristy sites the first time, and then more rural and authentic sites the second time. Going from Maya Ubud into Mas is a must if you like great wood carvings, and the wet market and regular market in Ubud are fun experiences.

Make sure you leave at least a day to spend just at Maya, though. There is yoga and tennis and 2 pools and a spa and a nature walk...and tea in the afternoon and great cocktails in the evening. Saturday nights are a Barong dance during dinner, which is fun every time. Even the robes and the woven shopping bag in the room seem special.

Room Tip: Get the villa, ideally the ones closer to the spa because that puts you in the center of everything...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kjvvsingapore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I went to Bali especially Ubud so many times (only for business purpose) but I never stayed in Maya before. So when I had a chance to brought my 5 year old son to Ubud, I want him to enjoy his first stay in Bali and have a pleasant memories about Ubud. So the first plan is to take him to stay in a decent, clean, bright, un-gloomy hotel that surrounded with beautiful scenery of paddy field view. And I choose Maya Ubud, and I'm so glad I've made ​​that decision.
We stayed here for 3 days in a Superior Room.

What we like about this hotel:
+ Spacious and clean room
+ Friendly staff (during our stay, the staff gave my son a surprise gift that contains a drawing book, a set of crayons, small tooth brush and tooth paste).
+ Peaceful place (there's many kids staying in this hotel but you can not hear their noise).
+ Beautiful architecture + design, and beautiful landscape scenery view
+ Afternoon tea program with Light snacks, coffee and tea ..
+ Delicious international breakfast buffet.
+ Value for your money (Comparing to other hotels in Ubud).
+ There's a traditional Balinese dance performance every afternoon. With different dance each day. We just sat nicely in the balcony of our room watching the show. My son was so happy.
+ We love the pool and the view against the pool (even though a bit small in size).

What we did not like about this hotel:
- The location is not in the center of Ubud. You have to depend on the hotel's shuttle bus to get to the center or you'll need to rent a car.
- On the hotel's website, there's a picture of a group of tourist doing walking tour in paddy field. So I thought that the paddy field tour was Including in the hotel program and easily accessible, but the staff said that their paddy field is not in the hotel area, we need to go outside the hotel's area.

Overall we love this hotel so much, and definetly will come back. It was a memorable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank s_ismanto
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 31 July 2013

It is a 16? acre property and my husband and I could not complain about the well maintained grounds. It was an estate. But our room was a different story. On the second day our wash basin was clogged. On the third day our toilet was clogged. I know Ubud should be a place for retreat and solitude and shouldn't expect a good selection of cable TV but I did and was disappointed - it was a usd 400 room a night after all. The massage my husband had was not extraordinary. We came in at 1am and after four nights left at 6am and our request for at least 50% discount against one day was simply ignored. We would've been grumpy but still all right with a rejection but at least there would have been a response. Good points: Good selection of breakfast. Solicitous requests to change towels and sheets. But definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JaniceOng2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Ordinarily I leave my reviews to the last day, but I had to submit this one straight away! I have been coming to this exquisite jewel in the tropical jungle for several years and although the service is always 5 star (and should be for the not unreasonable charges) it became so clear to me today that the people here do what they do out of genuine concern and desire to fulfill the expectations of their guests well above and beyond standard!
I had a minor accident pushbike riding, picked myself up and jumped back on, as you do. On my return, I crept back to my villa feeling a bit embarrassed at my age about the bleeding graze on my arm and was spotted by one eagle-eyed gardener who made a few sympathetic noises that I brushed off. Upon my arrival at the villa, the phone rang immediately with a young woman from Customer Relations asking me if I would like the nurse to be sent to my room! Until I eventually caught up with the nurse, every staff member I met without fail asked me if I was okay.
Repeated examples of this appreciation of the guest as an individual with their dramas and crises and not just as the interloper who messes up the room each day lead me to the conclusion that Maya should rate itself as a 5 heart establishment rather than 5 boring stars. I could go on and on about the small things: remembering where you prefer to sit in restaurants, what your favourite aperitif is, your favourite activities but I wont bore you.
This place just keeps on improving with better recreation activities, wifi access, restaurant choices and don’t let me start on breakfast: freshly baked bread, pastries and proper barista made coffee (for the Melbournian readers).
I just adore it and really shouldn’t keep plugging it because one day there will be no vacancy for me!

Room Tip: Skip the rooms and lash out on a villa although the rooms are very good value for money.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank melthorn
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

First time in Ubud for us. We chose this hotel based on the previous reviews. I have to say that the scenery of the hotel is fantastic. We were in a pool villa with a great green view over the river canyon. Serie 6 villa, sounded a bit calmer then the other villas closer to the entrance.
The spa is great. The pools very nice. I would probably not go with children there.
Also we have been a bit unhappy about the main restaurant which serves average food in a very dull room. I would advise taking the navette out every night to go and eat in the city!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JJ M
Trentham, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

How beautiful, & peaceful, & special can a place be? No words of mine can do full justice to this most magical place. My partner & I, went there last April, for a week, before heading down to Nusa Dua. My son & family joined us for the last two days here, & they & their three chilkdren just loved it, too. We had a one bedroom villa, with private pool. It was traditional Bali style, but done in a more western way, but still keeping all the essence of why we love going to Bali. The restaurant was just wonderful, & down the bottom level, there is a completely 'green' organic cafe, in a setting made for the Gods. The spa is down on this level too, & what a place! A word of advi=ce though, don't go towards the end of the day, as I think my girl, was just a bit worn out, as she'd been at it,since early, but that's a small fault. The others who used it said it was great. But the setting has to be seen to be believed! The adults pool is also down on that level, but strangely, most adults just stayed at the top pool, but then seemed put out, when my grandchildren hopped in the pool, & were having fun, swimming around, & calling out to each other, when if they wanted complete peace & quiet, all the had to do, was take the lift to the bottom adult pool, which was incredibly beautiful. Every afternoon, a free afternoon high tea is served, & it's such a treat. Very Balinese, but even the children, found little treats they could eat. Staff? what can I say, every wish you could ever make, they thought of, before you could. I'm gluten intolerant, & after the first day, each time I entered the dining room, someone, would come to me, with a plate, of the most yummy gluten free bread/roll. There isn't one thing we could fault at this most magical place.

Room Tip: I can't remember our villa number, but we were about half way along the top path, going towards...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This resort is super perfect for an escape vacation or group putting. Staff were so efficient and paid much attention to details of each individual guest. Lovely hotel and I would not mind to continue recommending to anyone.

Room Tip: Room with a private pool
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peliatan
Komaneka at Bisma
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,006 reviews
Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
KajaNe Mua Private Villa & Mansion
Pita Maha Resort and Spa

Been to Maya Ubud Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!